Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to tell you exactly what happend - I need advice, i am absolutley livid.

Yesterday morning on my way to work, moderate traffic with two lanes in either direction, a car crosses the south bound lanes to turn left and go north, the are in the inside lane. i am following behind a woman in a silver seabring in the outside lane, for some reason she slams on her brakes, i nearly rearend her, and nearly get rearended by the car behind me. I lay down the horn and throw up my hands, like what the heck are you doing - i did not flip her off or yell. then i promptley passed her. yes my pass may have been a bit aggressive and my car is loud - what ever.

I think nothing of it and head to work. i pulled into the starbucks about a half block from my work. there are four parking places in front. there is two spots that were vacent then a no parking spot for loading, then two more spots. there is a little car parked in the far left spot, a park next to them. so now there are two vacant spots a no parking spot and us two cars. i notice just before i get out of my car, a silver convertable parks right on my left hand side (in the no parking spot). i thought "hmm thats an interesting choice of parking" and went inside, i didnt think anything of it, but for some reason the car looked familiar.

I go inside an not more then 5 minutes later a girl comes in and asks if i own the orange charger, i said yes. she says that a lady just KEYED MY CAR! apparently she was walking back into starbucks and heard the sound of grinding metal and turned around to see a 50+ year old woman get into the silver convertible and leave. when the car backed up the girls saw the source of the grinding sound - a F-ING gouge from bumber to bumper along the drivers side! she got the ladys license plate number and decription.

I called the police (worthless) and gave them all the info including the witnesses contact information. they said that since the witness only heard it and didnt actually see the lady touching my car that there was nothing they could do! WTF i have the license plate number - f-ing question her and see if there is orange paint on her keys, they say that since it is only a misdemeanor that it is not worth their time. So this lady gets away with it, i am sure she has done this before and will do it again. with absoulutly no repercusion - how is this right!

so now i am in a rental car while half of my car gets repainted. I have to pay a $1000 dollar deductable, there is three thousand in damage. i decide to cruz around the local business parks with license plate and descripton in hand - sure a shat i find the silver seabring and yup same plate, about two blocks from my work - at her work. WTF - did she think i wouldn't try to find her!

Here is my dilema - i am absolutly furious. this is something that i would expect from a 16 year old punk - maybe. but a full grown adult? what is she a neanderthal! I do not want to sink to her level but it makes me absolutley furious to know that she can get away with this, probably has in the past, cause she knew what she was doing, and she will most likely do this again to someone else in the future. I dont want to get involved or go to jail but it just makes me sick to think that i have to let get away with this. :confused: :confused: :confused:

MONDAY - UPDATE -
ok - heres the update - i am f#@king livid!

so i spent the weekend researching the "right way" to go about this - small claims, etc. i have reciepts, a letter stating what she owes, pictures of her car and license plate. After lunch me and my manager were going to go into her work and ask to speak to her and her manager. well just before that i got a call from the sheriffs deputy who has been "working" on my case.

OK NOW IT GETS FRIGGEN RETARDED - APPARENTLY SONOMA COUNTY SHERRIFFS DEPARTMENT DOES NOT REQUIRE COMMONS SENSE, IN FACT IT IS AS IF THEY FROWN UPON IT!!!!

ok - back to the story, i answered the phone hoping he had an update, i also said that i have been researching the small claims process and that i was about to go to her work and try to work it out, he said "you know where she works" i said, "yea, its a block and a half from my work, i grew up here, i am ex-millitary, you didn't think i would have people out looking for the car after i heard that there was nothing you could do, I need the info so i can take her to court!" i then asked if there was any reason that would be a bad idea.
he said that he had talked to her today and she said that "she had keyed my car becuase i rear-ended her" ARE YOU F-ING SERIOUS first of all she is clearly making bs up to get out of this, second of all, do you think i would use my most prized possesion as a battering ram! this aint nascar - if i hit something at 40mph i would have a munged bumper - the friggan cop even took pictures of my car at the body shop - he knows there is no damage!
then i go back to what he said - "she did it because i rear-ended her" hold the fing phone did she not just admit to keying my car! he says thats not the point - she did it becuase you hit her.
ok - let me get this right, first of all the accusation is rediculous - and if it wasnt, since when is vigilante justice ok?
then i say - you know if some one hit me i would call the cops and report them, then insurance, or in the parking lot say you hit me we need to exchange info - did any of this happen, NO becuase the the [email protected] is lying!!! Did she ever call - no. she only said this after the office called her - 3 DAYS later!

Now she straight lies her way out of it, the cop says he sent the complaint to the DA for hit and run AGAINST ME!, i know as well as my insurance agent that this is bs and the DA will toss it, but that is not the point. the point is that this officer apparenlty is willing to listen to anything she has to say event if it is physicly impossible!

no disrespect to most LEO's - i have gotten great help and support from several on the form, but WTF is wrong with these guys!

AHHH THE ANGER SHARKS ARE SWIMMING IN MY HEAD!!!!!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
What a B****! People piss me off!:soapbox:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I would confront the d-bag !!!

You know where she works ... maybe follow her into work one day ?

Let her whole office know what kind of person she is ?

But I'd definitely say something to her and ask her to pay for the damages ...

Remind her that with just her plate # you can find out where she lives ...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Jeeze, another horrible keyed Charger story? Me no likey. :(

I have no "legal" advice.

The cops should at least go question her to put on some heat.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea the cops are a dead end. i have tried, insurance says they can only write a nasty letter since there were no charges.

I am thinking about going into her work and talking to her manager, you know just to let them know what type of an employee they have. I also thought about posting the pictures of her car and license plate that i took all over the neighborhood telling people that she vandalizes cars.

another option is to get a couple chargers together for a "meet and greet" in her work parking lot when she leaves at 5pm.

·
Registered
440 Posts
i know how ur feeling. after the redsox came back from an 0-3 deficet in the ALCS in 04 my car got keyed. im still lokking for that car to this day. 1) you should confront her but not in a hostile manner. 2) or you could take her to small claims court and try ur luck there. 3) find out where she lives and take her lugs off and then jb weld them back on then wait a few day so they dry solid and the knife her side walls and that will cost a ton to fix! LOL! (id try options 1 or 2 IMO)

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea - one of my buddies mentioned getting a tire stem valve puller and remove all the stem valves! i just dont want to sink to her level but i cant just let her go doing this either.

·
Registered
440 Posts
if you still have those ppls info (witness') then try small claims court to get your money back. dunno if that work, also, you wouldnt need a lawyer in that court.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have never gone the small claims route - what does that entail?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would go to her work confront her give her the bill tell her she has a choice, pay the bill or you are taking her to court & make sure she knows you have a witness !!! I think I would probably sink to her level after court :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm not sure, but if you win, the judgement has real teeth in it. It shouldn't be too hard to find your your area. Maybe there's a lawyer on here who can tell you how to get started. And, check with your local .gov site... Good luck and keep us posted, and GO GET HER. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will do - thanks for the support and input guys - i have honestly never felt more violated and helpless before.

·
Vendor
10,314 Posts
will do - thanks for the support and input guys - i have honestly never felt more violated and helpless before.
I agree with the others on the small claims court.

You can confront her with the fact you have witnesses to corroborate the fact that she keyed your car. She has to either pay for the damages or off to court you go and get it from her.

Very very sorry, and yes, you deserve to get restitution.

I kinda sound like Sally in the Great pumpkin. Sorry.

Good luck!

Brian
440-821-9040 :rolleyes2:

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i agree - i wish i cut just cut off her hand as an example!

- brian, i am giving your aces a try, i will let you know what i think.

·
Registered
440 Posts
yea check ur .gov/city website for court info. if unable to find just call the courts clerk office. the sooner the better. id go/call on monday morning. dont confront before that time it may be considered harrassment and/or intimidation. be wise in your choices.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea check ur .gov/city website for court info. if unable to find just call the courts clerk office. the sooner the better. id go/call on monday morning. dont confront before that time it may be considered harrassment and/or intimidation. be wise in your choices.
ok - good advise. i will persue the small claims court before confrontation. if that doesnt work then it is on. i got a whole lotta dirty friends who are pretty broke right now.

--- oh yea and i am a network engineer (prior army infantry - 82nd airbourne) and was able to track the license plate back to registration address! i know work, home and car. she f-d with the wrong mutha f-ng charger

·
Registered
684 Posts
Just because there isn't enough "proof" for the police to charge her doesn't mean that there isn't enough evidence to show that she most likely did do the damage. It is easier to win a civil case than it is to make criminal charges stick. Make sure that you get the witness to court so that your primary evidence is not just hearsay.
The authorities should give you her name and address without any grief since you have a valid case.
When I had to take someone to court a LONG time ago, I had to find out where they lived so that the papers could be served. Tenants that skipped out owing rent - mail forwarded to P.O. Box. I had to go to the police to get a residence address on the PO box. At that time, there was a $100 filing fee for the court.
You should try to recover the damages and any fees/costs.
The first step would be to notify her by registered mail of your intent and to give her a few weeks to pay. If you get a negative (or no response at all) then don't wait - go file.
In my opinion, you have a strong case. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
11,482 Posts
Up here she would be criminally charged.

Public mischief over $5,000.

She would then have a Criminal record, and your insurance company would be forced to waive the deductible.

You got some strange justice system down there if the cops can't do anything about that, especially if there is a witness.

WTF? :confused:

-=FLEX=-

1 - 20 of 115 Posts