Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Which engine do you have and how many miles?

Run a search on here as there are multiple plug threads. If you have the 5.7... just buy the Champion Copper Plus plugs.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Stock plugs in the 5.7 are due to be changed at 30K.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine has 32K miles on it. I just changed my plugs yesterday (which is really easy to do yourself btw)...I too thought my car was running good but went ahead and changed them anyways since the maintenance schedule said so. I was completely blown away at how much better my car runs now. I used Champion plugs.

·
Registered
378 Posts
NGK :thumbsup:

but it depends on what motor you have and how many miles...

3.5 - dont waste your time
but a 5.7 you gotta change the plugs every 30k
Why so with the 3.5L ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine has 32K miles on it. I just changed my plugs yesterday (which is really easy to do yourself btw)...I too thought my car was running good but went ahead and changed them anyways since the maintenance schedule said so. I was completely blown away at how much better my car runs now. I used Champion plugs.
Which spark plugs did you use? A link would be nice as I gotta change mine now as well; I'm not even sure the guy that had it before changed it at 30k :(

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Couldn't agree more with the champion stock reccomend-- unless you have modifed. I run NGKs because of the supercharger- but stock there is no benefit from getting any of the "fancy" plugs:beerchug:

·
Registered
378 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have a 5.7L and I run stock Champions. I have over 100000 miles and I've changed them 3 times already. Stock Champions seem to perform well and they are not expensive.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
ok which do u recommend?
I'd buy the Champion Copper Plus plugs. From all the other threads, there does not appear to be any real gain by using a more expensive plug... unless you have modified your engine.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This thread made me think of a trip I had to the parts store last week. I went to get 4 plugs to tune up my 1998 Dakota. I go to the counter to get the plugs and the parts guy tells me that I need to get platinum plugs. I politely said, "no, I just want the Champion copper." He then goes on to tell me that any vehicle made since 1996 all needed platinum plugs. I then told him that it said on his own screen that the oem plugs for my dakota were the Champion copper. He then started stammering saying that it was wrong. I also told him that my 2008 Daytona used copper plugs. He again told me that I was wrong. I couldn't believe it. I asked him how much he would like to wager on it and he declined. At this point, I was starting to get a little annoyed. I told him to either fetch me 4 Champion copper plugs or get someone else to help me. He still tried to give me the, "I'll get them, but you're getting the wrong plugs." Just another fun trip to the parts store. :D

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
This thread made me think of a trip I had to the parts store last week. I went to get 4 plugs to tune up my 1998 Dakota. I go to the counter to get the plugs and the parts guy tells me that I need to get platinum plugs. I politely said, "no, I just want the Champion copper." He then goes on to tell me that any vehicle made since 1996 all needed platinum plugs. I then told him that it said on his own screen that the oem plugs for my dakota were the Champion copper. He then started stammering saying that it was wrong. I also told him that my 2008 Daytona used copper plugs. He again told me that I was wrong. I couldn't believe it. I asked him how much he would like to wager on it and he declined. At this point, I was starting to get a little annoyed. I told him to either fetch me 4 Champion copper plugs or get someone else to help me. He still tried to give me the, "I'll get them, but you're getting the wrong plugs." Just another fun trip to the parts store. :D
I'm going to asume this was a chain store like Pep Boys and Autozone, or similar. I buy my stuff at my local NAPA. They are super awesome. :bigthumb:

:driving:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm going to asume this was a chain store like Pep Boys and Autozone, or similar. I buy my stuff at my local NAPA. They are super awesome. :bigthumb:

:driving:
It was actually Advance Auto parts. I buy most of my parts there and normally have great luck with them, but this guy was a trip, LOL

1 - 20 of 44 Posts