Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my diablo yesterday and I love it. I wanted to see what setting are you guys using for your spark advance and fuel settings. Can you download any custom tunes yet?
thanks,
spittle

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Those settings are really going to depend on your mods. If you're stock you're pretty much going to stay with what the stock tune says unless you're using racing fuel for the day.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I got my diablo yesterday and I love it. I wanted to see what setting are you guys using for your spark advance and fuel settings. Can you download any custom tunes yet?
thanks,
spittle
Diablo built a custom tune for my specific car, and sent it to the shop I am getting my car tunned at. I am leaving in a bit to go up there and get it installed.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I agree with DonatoM3, the DIABLO PREDATOR 91 CAI Tune is Perfict, as long as you adjust the fan settings...

And just keep an eye on the Diablo site under downloads, as there should be an update coming soon!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as mods I have a volant cold air intake, throttle body spacer, flowmaster exhaust and I do run the 93 octane here.
thanks,
spittle

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
As far as mods I have a volant cold air intake, throttle body spacer, flowmaster exhaust and I do run the 93 octane here.
thanks,
spittle
In that case you shouldn't have to make any changes to the Performance CAI tune. Diablo has stated many times that a catback doesn't affect the tunes at all. Now if you go out and buy a 180 Tstat then you'll want to change the temperature settings and you should be good.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yea I chose the Perf. CAI for 93 oct.
Along with firmer shifts and higher shift points.
When I run the nitrous I also retard timing 4 degree's and it runs great!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here are some of the fan changes that I made for my SRT8 300 I used the CAI 93 tune and the CAI is really my only mod stock T-Stat....check the link
There are lots of threads popping up on the 300 forum
This info is form DaveW68 and what I changed my fan settings to as well as the tranny shift settings. I did not change the rev or top speed aparently when you change the shift points up it changes the rev to match from what Im told so far so good...I love this tuner!!!!!!
What a F in difference!!!!

Jaybo

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/performance-modifications/45900-predator-has-arrived-6.html

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
So then I would only be able to use the 93 oct. tune with 93 oct... don't know that I want to spend even more on gas.... still very tempting though.

Yup, but you'll probably see better fuel efficiency with the 93 tune and 93 octane. on the 91 I'm already seeing about 1-3mpg on the freeway.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
The "get the fook out of my way setting" I heard thats the best :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Can't wait to get a diablo and switch to the "I just took it in the shorts at the gas pump" setting.

·
Registered
616 Posts
nice one gramps lol :lol:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I put the 91+CAI tune on but hate the fans being on all the time. Can I keep the Predator tune but just change the fan settings? If so, how do I go about doing it? I read the manual and I'm not sure if I change the fan settings I will lose my other parameters?

·
Registered
244 Posts
On my SRT8 I lowered my fan to compliment the 180 t-stat. I loaded the Perf_CAI tune as I always run 93oct and have a CAI of course. It's really a good idea to reset the TCM adaptive learning, made a big difference for me. (we're talking just pulling harder to laying rubber and chirping/getting squirrely on the 1-2 different). Other than that, raised the speed limiter (just because) and that's about it. For anyone who thinks running premium is a lot more than regular... let's say it's .25/gal more, x 19gal = 4.75 more per tank... worth it IMO. As for better MPG... I imagine we should get slightly better, but I was getting 22mpg @ 76mph so better than that would really shock me, and you know I'd brag all day long about it too... haha I'm more than happy with the DS Predator, worth it... now I just want more mods (and rear tires haha).

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I put the 91+CAI tune on but hate the fans being on all the time. Can I keep the Predator tune but just change the fan settings? If so, how do I go about doing it? I read the manual and I'm not sure if I change the fan settings I will lose my other parameters?
I'll post my fan settings later, I just discovered there's no way to read out your settings unless the Predator is hooked up to your car. At least that I've been able to determine so far.

But, the single most important thing you can do is replace your stock tstat with a lower temp one - I'm using the 176° one. I have my settings to keep it in the mid-180's range. Once I come to a stop, the HS fan is on for a couple of minutes, then it switches down to MS / LS (I haven't determined which), and it lingers around the mid 180's then. I'm trying to stay below the reported 190° where others have said heat soak starts to occur.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Here's what I have set initially. I did a freeway drive, then city, then parked.
My engine cooled down fairly quickly, then hovered around 187-188 before I shut down.
It sounded like the LS fan running on/off to keep it at that temp. 77° outside temperature.
There isn't really a way at low MPH and warmth outside to keep under 190° w/o a fan running.
I'm just trying to limit the high speed fan usage - basically using only enough fan speed
neccessary to keep below 190°.

I have the 4127 Tstat (176°). Some day, I'll probably change that out to the 4128 @ 185° -
that way, I'll more easily get into the 180's to avoid CEL's (which I've seen a couple of
times with the 4127), and the TStat will pretty much match my desired operating temperature.
Heck, it's easy and cheap enough to change out, might as well experiment.

A/C OFF
High MPH HS 213.79
MS 204.79
LS 199.39
Low MPH HS 195.79
MS 192.19
LS 186.79

A/C ON
High MPH HS 195.79
MS 191.99
LS 184.99

1 - 20 of 28 Posts