Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to find out what product should be used on the black decals? Wax seems like it would either turn them white or make them shiny. It would seem to makes sense that I need to do something to them to keep them like new for many years to come. Does anyone have the magic answer?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
X2....................????????????????

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I am looking to find out what product should be used on the black decals? Wax seems like it would either turn them white or make them shiny. It would seem to makes sense that I need to do something to them to keep them like new for many years to come. Does anyone have the magic answer?
I use the eagle-one Nanowax SPRAY. 1 year now and decals still look like new. I also use it on the bumpers. No residue whatsoever. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Yeah I have yet to wax The Bee but I was worried if it damage the decals any.
I use poorboys carnuba on the metal parts, and eagle-one nanowax the plastic parts and the decals.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I got some stuff that makes the decals look AMAZING!!!! its amourall plastic, rubber, and vinyl protectant. it says it blocks uv rays and makes everything shinier. i use it on all my interior as well and it makes a HUGE difference. it makes the decals BLACK instead of grey. and you dont really notice how grey they are till you put this stuff on. the only downside to it is that you have to apply it every time you wash the car to get the effect. i guess the soap washes it off or somethin, because the interior will stay nice and shiny for like 6 months. i attached a picture of it, but i cant find it at any good stores online. i got it at autozone but heres the only online place i found it:
http://www.performancemotorcare.com/acatalog/Vinyl___Rubber_care2.html

Attachments

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I use meguiars quick detailer on my flat black decals in between washes. The guys from Riders said not to wax them cuz they could end up "scratching" them.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Gomango, I'd stay away from Armorall, they tend to dry up the plastics.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
For the Platic's, I use Black Magic Pro Shine, just don't get it on the windows. I used them on my last car and it worked great. When I used it on the dash on my Daytona it made it look as if brand new, and it became a darker black. On my driver's side front door inside top panel I used it when it looked like the previous owner was using Armorall and it rejuvinated it. Prior to putting on the Black Magic it had a dried out look, but now it looks a lot better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.