Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello guys i have 2010 r/t with 6.4 cam , mds off , afe stage 2 and 180 tstat . the temperature goes as low as 0 °C (32 °F) in the winter to 58 °C (137 °F) in the summer.
im currently running 5w-20 royal purple and im thinking about going 0w-40 mobil 1 as recommended by my mechanic , what do you think better ?

as for the headers i was thinking about getting the srt headers with srt heads for 400$ or getting brand new kooks headers (or AR) without the heads, do you think that LT headers are worth it or should i stick with the srt combo?
also will the LT headers sound be noticeable while the car is idle or around 2500 rpm , im looking for something low profile since the cops are crazy when it comes to cars with mods even if it was a small sticker

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
hello guys i have 2010 r/t with 6.4 cam , mds off , afe stage 2 and 180 tstat . the temperature goes as low as 0 °C (32 °F) in the winter to 58 °C (137 °F) in the summer.
im currently running 5w-20 royal purple and im thinking about going 0w-40 mobil 1 as recommended by my mechanic , what do you think better ?

as for the headers i was thinking about getting the srt headers with srt heads for 400$ or getting brand new kooks headers (or AR) without the heads, do you think that LT headers are worth it or should i stick with the srt combo?
also will the LT headers sound be noticeable while the car is idle or around 2500 rpm , im looking for something low profile since the cops are crazy when it comes to cars with mods even if it was a small sticker
Since you have a specific build, you really need a specific oil for it as application matters! QuantumBlue 7.5w38 HP Competition Formula 5.7L Non-MDS Hemi Custom Blend.

This is the same lubricant that we designed for the 4.2L Twin Turbo Intercooled Quattro Audi RS-6. High zinc at 1016 to 1200 ppm, high phosphorous in the 3700 to 4500 range, 500 to 600 ppm magnesium for detergent and dispersant with anti-foaming and a lot of calcium carbonate 3,500 range for mitigating acids.

You don't want a zero weight oil in this engine! Any of the PAO based oils Mobil, RP, Pennzoil, Amsoil, Redline etc are small molecule oils that really are designed for OEM use and not an augmented situation like what you have.

Here is what blackstone said about this blend from Dave in Casa Grande Arizona with 660 hp and ambient temperatures of between 87 and 130 degrees F. Their words "Perfect"

Combine that with a QuantumBlue Ultra HP oil filter and you will be really protecting the engine appropriately. :beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you have a specific build, you really need a specific oil for it as application matters! QuantumBlue 7.5w38 HP Competition Formula 5.7L Non-MDS Hemi Custom Blend.

This is the same lubricant that we designed for the 4.2L Twin Turbo Intercooled Quattro Audi RS-6. High zinc at 1016 to 1200 ppm, high phosphorous in the 3700 to 4500 range, 500 to 600 ppm magnesium for detergent and dispersant with anti-foaming and a lot of calcium carbonate 3,500 range for mitigating acids.

You don't want a zero weight oil in this engine! Any of the PAO based oils Mobil, RP, Pennzoil, Amsoil, Redline etc are small molecule oils that really are designed for OEM use and not an augmented situation like what you have.

Here is what blackstone said about this blend from Dave in Casa Grande Arizona with 660 hp and ambient temperatures of between 87 and 130 degrees F. Their words "Perfect"

Combine that with a QuantumBlue Ultra HP oil filter and you will be really protecting the engine appropriately. :beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
thanks Brian for the input, i was going to call you in the first place the custom oil sounds awesome but unfortunately i cant import any liquid :frown2:(im not in the US) so i have to stick with the conventional brands , do you think that 5w/10w-40 will do the trick?

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
thanks Brian for the input, i was going to call you in the first place the custom oil sounds awesome but unfortunately i cant import any liquid :frown2:(im not in the US) so i have to stick with the conventional brands , do you think that 5w/10w-40 will do the trick?
Where are you located? We can generally send oil to virtually any country so far. Let me know.

Regards,
Brian

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
If you can't get the QB from Brian, then I suggest Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5W-40.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are you located? We can generally send oil to virtually any country so far. Let me know.

Regards,
Brian
kuwait - middle east
i can get it shipped through DHL or FedEx but the customs here are just pain in the ass , few months ago i ordered 10 ml mopar paint from amazon but it didn't get through the customs , my friend then told me that it's "against the law" unless i have a business/merchant license for a paint shop or a hardware store..etc
i will try to ask ace hardware or one of the dyno shops if they can help me get it, i just hope that the shipping through them wouldn't cost me more than the oil itself since fedex charge 12$ per lb.

If you can't get the QB from Brian, then I suggest Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5W-40.
thanks Ddaddy :beerchug: i will see if ace hardware still have them around

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
kuwait - middle east
i can get it shipped through DHL or FedEx but the customs here are just pain in the ass , few months ago i ordered 10 ml mopar paint from amazon but it didn't get through the customs , my friend then told me that it's "against the law" unless i have a business/merchant license for a paint shop or a hardware store..etc
i will try to ask ace hardware or one of the dyno shops if they can help me get it, i just hope that the shipping through them wouldn't cost me more than the oil itself since fedex charge 12$ per lb.
Turkey has a VERY strict policy on anything considered HAZMAT and Customs typically can go APE if every dot isn't done and t crossed etc.

We worked with them to get some ACES Diesel Formula into the country and it got through with a little support from a local business.

We could ship to the ACE or to your Dyno company and get it in. If you inquire from them and get us an address we can work it out to get you the blend.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turkey has a VERY strict policy on anything considered HAZMAT and Customs typically can go APE if every dot isn't done and t crossed etc.

We worked with them to get some ACES Diesel Formula into the country and it got through with a little support from a local business.

We could ship to the ACE or to your Dyno company and get it in. If you inquire from them and get us an address we can work it out to get you the blend.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
thanks brian i will contact you once i find some one to import it, cant wait to try your products :beerchug:

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
thanks brian i will contact you once i find some one to import it, cant wait to try your products :beerchug:
Ok, great! Just PM me the contact information and who to work with and we can do our best to get this done for you. Looking forward to working with you!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Can you get Amsoil or Redline 0-40? Great products.

Pennzoil, or Castrol 0-40 would be my fall back. Nothing about your setup requires special oil.

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
Can you get Amsoil or Redline 0-40? Great products.

Pennzoil, or Castrol 0-40 would be my fall back. Nothing about your setup requires special oil.
There is only one reason to have a 0 weight engine oil and that is for an OEM application for fuel economy. Frankly I wouldn't put a 0 weight in my lawnmower let alone a performance engine.

The wider the viscosity the more polymer modifiers have to added to the lubricant to have winter and summer numbers.

This is why I suggested the 7.5w38 raising it to a 7.5 centipoise and lowering it to a 38 from a 40.

This will be much more lubricant and much less indexers!:bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
0 weight does a great job of increasing cold flow. Frankly, there is no way I'd put a 7.5 in a motor that saw temps that hit freezing.

I've flogged the snot out of 0-40 oils without issue.

You're making this sound far too complicated as usual Brian.

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
0 weight does a great job of increasing cold flow. Frankly, there is no way I'd put a 7.5 in a motor that saw temps that hit freezing.

I've flogged the snot out of 0-40 oils without issue.

You're making this sound far too complicated as usual Brian.
Basically a zero weight is designed for excessively cold temperatures in the -40 degrees Celsius range which is also -40 Fahrenheit.

Last time I checked (before I posted) Kuwait never gets anywhere near that cold but just in case they had that once in a lifetime below zero number it is sufficient. It is much more important to deal with the +120 degree temperatures that they would see and the silicates that they would encounter there in that country....kinda like Casa Grande Arizona......like the sample I posted from Blackstone!

But for your understanding along with others, a 7.5w is good to -27 degrees C and - 16.6 F with the upper 38 being 119 degrees F.

Here is an example chart:

This is what the performance level I was thinking about. -16.6 is far below 0 degrees here so you wouldn't have to worry at all.

If we encountered temperatures colder than that we can always make that 2.5 or even 5 if necessary like we do for the 6.4L MDS Hemi engines!

But more than this, it is the ability to cushion the engine with a larger molecule, carry more additive capacity and protect the engine better than a price oil....which is what the 0w40 oils are. Cheap to make, easy to market and easily believable except for people who design oils.....Tribologists. We can make it better as long as someone is willing to ask us to!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
Basically a zero weight is designed for excessively cold temperatures in the -40 degrees Celsius range which is also -40 Fahrenheit.

Last time I checked (before I posted) Kuwait never gets anywhere near that cold but just in case they had that once in a lifetime below zero number it is sufficient. It is much more important to deal with the +120 degree temperatures that they would see and the silicates that they would encounter there in that country....kinda like Casa Grande Arizona......like the sample I posted from Blackstone!

But for your understanding along with others, a 7.5w is good to -27 degrees C and - 16.6 F with the upper 38 being 119 degrees F.

Here is an example chart:

This is what the performance level I was thinking about. -16.6 is far below 0 degrees here so you wouldn't have to worry at all.

If we encountered temperatures colder than that we can always make that 2.5 or even 5 if necessary like we do for the 6.4L MDS Hemi engines!

But more than this, it is the ability to cushion the engine with a larger molecule, carry more additive capacity and protect the engine better than a price oil....which is what the 0w40 oils are. Cheap to make, easy to market and easily believable except for people who design oils.....Tribologists. We can make it better as long as someone is willing to ask us to!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
Well said Brian! Nothing against rob-2, but unless you're a Tribologist I think I would listen to Brian's advise. I'm sure Brian LOVES being "corrected" on a subject that he is an expert in by someone that probably knows nothing more about oil than what he's read on the label. Reminds me of some dude at Walmart trying to convince me that this stupid flat TV antenna that you can stick to the window is better than an externally mounted antenna. He argued with me for 20 mins before he finally asked me what I did... When I said I'm an engineer in broadcast television he was like, "oh, so I guess you might know what you're talking about". LOL We don't just pull random facts out of our butts for no reason, we go to school and devote our lives to our specific career field/industry. If a doctor tells you that you have the flu and you need to go home and rest and drink plenty of fluids, are you going to second guess him? Of course not, not unless you're and idiot. Same goes with guys like Brian. Of course he's going to advertise his product, but he backs up everything he says with tons of data and first-hand experience from his customers. There are others on this forum that have tested his products and can back up his knowledge as well. Seriously, the dude knows what he's talking about, I wouldn't argue with him. :notallthere:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts