Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Dodge charger SRT8 Superbee
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my name is joshua i am 17 years old and have a 2012 SRT8 dodge charger superbee in yellow i love this car and had it for a while now. ive thinking for a while now and want to take this car to the track and been wanting to push some power.ive been thinking what should i do to push some power, i want to do a stoker kit specifically a 426 good balance of N/A power and ready for some boost but heard some cons to it like life span of the engine and or should i just forged my 392.currently still stock just done mid muffler 180 thermostat ,oil catch can etc easy mods but nothing serious so any ideas please comment. plus im just starting to get into the whole car scene and want to learn more engines and cars etc im from the dallas area.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Put some Long tubes headers on it BBK or JBA. You can buy kooks but your basically paying for the name only. don’t buy the mid pipes that go with the headers take it to a muffler shop and get a custom exhaust it’ll be cheaper. Saying that your only 17 id say you start with headers custom exhaust and intake possibly tune. if money isn’t an issue then go ahead and cam that hoe or supercharge it bro but you gotta pay to play in the car scene especially if your from Dallas there must be some fast boys out there.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Track? Do you mean an actual track or a strip?

I was 16 when I bought my 13’ challenger rt and 17 when I put the first nitrous kit on it...
If you are talking a drag strip and street fun, nitrous is a great “cheap” power adder that you can pretty much do all the work yourself then go get it tuned. Doesn’t require a lot of tools or knowledge.

Keep it at or below a 100 shot and have fun.

If you mean an actual track, focus more on suspension modifications and you will see much better lap times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I saw a Challenger run 7.33 and put a 1.644 sixty down with Bbk shorties. A he'll of A lot easier than long tubes. Also he has run 11.51 in quarter and hit 120 mph. I think he has a little bit more in it. It does only weight in at 3907 minus driver.

Stock air box
Ported intake manifold
Bbk shorties
🐱 less mids from stock mids
Glass packs for mufflers stock resonators.
Good tune from Sean
Afr cleaned up with my help.
2019 Chally Scat
Just fyi

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree with long tubes... He's pulling 1.644 sixtys. But you can't convince that azz m hole I have know for 20 years. He can launch it.
What's your mods?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Track? Do you mean an actual track or a strip?

I was 16 when I bought my 13’ challenger rt and 17 when I put the first nitrous kit on it...
If you are talking a drag strip and street fun, nitrous is a great “cheap” power adder that you can pretty much do all the work yourself then go get it tuned. Doesn’t require a lot of tools or knowledge.

Keep it at or below a 100 shot and have fun.

If you mean an actual track, focus more on suspension modifications and you will see much better lap times.

yea i meant drag but i also heard nitrous is pretty dangerous but ill look in to it thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
yea i meant drag but i also heard nitrous is pretty dangerous but ill look in to it thanks
Challenger been on a 150 shot for 5 years, lots through it.

My 06 Daytona i bought with 120k on it is on a 100 shot with quite a bit through it.

Only dangerous when people don’t tune or overspray.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Challenger been on a 150 shot for 5 years, lots through it.

My 06 Daytona i bought with 120k on it is on a 100 shot with quite a bit through it.

Only dangerous when people don’t tune or overspray.

thanks for the info

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,787 Posts
Take it to a dyno convenient to you 1st and get a base line power read so you can see how little hp is gained by headers when you run it after the installation. Add money for an accompanied tune and it helps, but headers are not as vital as all of the hype unless substantial mods are added.
Get a base line dyno pull before so you can see for yourself.
I have seen to many identical dyno graphs after a header install.
Power is not cheap or easy. They want 5k for a quality N0s w/tune here.
If you install more than what is considered a mild cam headers will help but for the money it's not worth it. But if money is abundant and you want it all go ahead.
A supercharger is nice but make sure you have a good tuner.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
want to learn more engines and cars etc
Get a handheld tuner and start datalogging the engine while you drive it around or make WOT runs. That’s a good way to learn how the engine works, what all goes into making it run, and what keeps it running.

Any significant performance mod will require a modified tune anyway, which means you’ll need a handheld tuner to facilitate the tune modifications and especially load the modified tune.

That’s where I’d suggest starting - get a tuner and start learning how it can be used to impart information to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts