Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not know If their is any threads like this but I guess it could be good for noobies like me to learn from.

So we just bought a charger.. Its stock and we want to make it faster.. What do we need to do so and how much faster will it be..

I have an 06 R/T.. So if you could help Go ahead thanks..

Please post estimates on how much HP gain.. Or even how it would better the performance .. Calling all of you Experienced Members

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
It's a VERY "noobish" question but no worries.

What is your budget?
Plans for the car?
Goal with the car?

If you have a smaller budget, I would say a tune, t-stat, suspention(will make it faster, but no actual power) and exhaust.

What I would do with my money....this is more on the extreme side. The earlier RT's have valve issues(not a huge problem) but I would do a head/cam/full exhaust/converter/nitrous/gears and be set, be a fun/fast car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't really have a budget.. Its whatever extra money I can gather I will gladley put it on the car.. Goal is to make it fast without buying turbo or supercharger

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I don't really have a budget.. Its whatever extra money I can gather I will gladley put it on the car.. Goal is to make it fast without buying turbo or supercharger
Check my sig. Heads cam, headers, blue tops, great tune...=:D

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Change the heads, cam, headers, add high flow CATs, Zoomers exhaust, change the value body in the trans, add a two plate torque converter with a 2800 rpm stall and finish off with a supercharger. You will need to upgrade the brakes. Depending on how much more HP you need, the rear end is good till about 700.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's a VERY "noobish" question but no worries.

What is your budget?
Plans for the car?
Goal with the car?

If you have a smaller budget, I would say a tune, t-stat, suspention(will make it faster, but no actual power) and exhaust.

What I would do with my money....this is more on the extreme side. The earlier RT's have valve issues(not a huge problem) but I would do a head/cam/full exhaust/converter/nitrous/gears and be set, be a fun/fast car.
I agree with this. Its the one thing that alot of people dont think is to improve suspension. If you car can grip and handle the horsepower it has already its an improvement.

My 2010 camaro ss all my club members stated to cam, maggy, headers first (all the exspensive stuff). I started first with exhaust and a full suspension replacement. I went full BMR and man I was able launch off the line with no issues. No hops or side spin.

All my hot rods my priority was always suspension first.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
how about your lubricants? Quantum Blue fluids by BND Automotive is the vendor here. contact Brian, who is a very knowledgeable member on this forum. PM him at 370 HEMI. you will be glad you did!

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
My mods will get you a 12.6 all day every day in bad air...meaning DA of 2400-3400... In good air DA of 800 12.38.

How much work do you want to do? Budget? Goals? If you want 11's or 10's we can get there easy.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
All this is great advise

Everything you have read is great, how much can you do yourself?? Our cars are not like the old days, you will need some no how. Or lots of $$$, anyone can make a chev run fast for cheep. A good running Mopar is expensive and we all love them. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
Everything you have read is great, how much can you do yourself?? Our cars are not like the old days, you will need some no how. Or lots of $$$, anyone can make a chev run fast for cheep. A good running Mopar is expensive and we all love them. Just my 2 cents.
And here I'd thought you'd vanished.

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
I do not know If their is any threads like this but I guess it could be good for noobies like me to learn from.
It's like this. You start with small mods that net you small improvements. Then you move to big mods that net you big improvements. Finally you move to big mods that net you small improvements.

In the first category, you can do things like upgrading your air intake, upgrading your exhaust, and throwing a custom tune in the car. That sort of thing costs anywhere from $200 to $1,000 roughly and will result in an extra 5hp to 20hp depending on what you buy and how much of it you do. Small price tags, small results.

In the second category, you can do things like upgrading your cam, headers, and torque converter. Also, this is where forced-air induction comes in, with superchargers and turbochargers. Now you're looking at $2,000 to $8,000 depending on what you do, and you can end up adding anywhere from 50hp to 200hp depending on what you do. Big price tags, big results.

In the final category, you recognize that getting you have hit a ceiling and have overall structural work to do. You may need to bore and/or stroke your motor, you likely need to upgrade at least your half-shafts in the rear, you probably want to start losing weight in the car, you need special tires and so on. So you start spending big bucks to keep increasing the performance. This is the stage where it's a complete package... you need to produce power, deliver power, and use power. Big price tags, small results (taken individually).

Next thing you know you're $30k in debt and have 600RWHP and are in the 11s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts