Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 dodge charger R/T and I was wondering what modifications should I do first I am a novice mechanic and Dont want to do anything overly complicated but am looking into upgrading air intake, exhaust, maybe a new programming chip. Let me know what modification I can do that will go a long way thanks!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a 2006 dodge charger R/T and I was wondering what modifications should I do first I am a novice mechanic and Dont want to do anything overly complicated but am looking into upgrading air intake, exhaust, maybe a new programming chip. Let me know what modification I can do that will go a long way thanks!
Sounds like your on the right track so far! A cai with an exhaust along with a diablosport predator will get you some decent horspower. And all can be installed easily.

·
Vendor
10,370 Posts
One of the cheapest and important modifications you can do is add ACES IV to your gasoline. 1 oz per 6 gallons. It is not uncommon to see 7-15 hp on an R/T car while it picks up torque and fuel economy. It costs about .35 cents over pump gasoline and allows the car to run 87 octane instead of 89 or 91. Running a tuner you can use 89 and a 91 or 93 tune and really take advantage of the increase!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Less restrictive air filter such as a K&N or comparable brand drop in, I'd check your local autozone for a Spectre drop in should be about 20 bux and just use k&ns cleaner/oil kit.
Price wise second on the list would be trying Brian's Aces IV, I've yet to try but hear some very good things about it, might order some for the spring time tune up.
Third a programmer, 150$ and up for some good changes to suit your driving style andmake better use ofthe air filter and aces in ur system.
Then maybe on value, an air intake manifold then exhaust work.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Does anyone know anyone in Chicagoland that can do this kind of work?

-Mopar CAI/ BT Catch Can
-SLP Loudmouth 1 Catback
-JBA Titanium Coated Shorty Headers
-JBA High Flow Catted Midpipes

Thanks
Try looking at marylandspeed for the parts. Anyone in your area can install all of these. The headers are the hardest part to install but worth it:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Its all up to what you want to do and what you can spend at the moment. I did the CAI first because it was cheap and available, a lot of people do his. I also got a tuner right away since it came with the intake and its highly recommended. I have used the Superchips Flashpaq, Diablosport Predator,and the Diablosport inTune. They all work well but everyone says the DS is the best. It is able to do custom tunes where the SC can't. Look for a deal. I did have tons of issues connecting the Predator to the computer, so that was my least liked one. I am using the inTune now and I like it. It does the job, is small, and works.

If you are tight on cash and want the exhaust but don't want to spend a lot on a full cat-back, you can always go. With a Blastin' Bobs reso delete. It's cheap and sounds great. I love the kit I have and it was very worth the low cost.

The catch can is ok. I have one but not sure if you need it right away. Do the fun stuff first.

Another mod I think is a good one is the Tranzformer. It's amazing. You can tweak and feel the difference every day. It takes a little wiring but easy and quick. Plus you get instant gratification with the results.

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts