Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-
Looking for good bang-for-the-buck modification.

What do you think is the best way to increase performance for around $300? I already have the Mopar CAI. Rest is stock (2008 R/T).

Any before-and-after proof would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Based on your sig pic...

Demold.........FREE
Black grille....Not sure how much
Window tint..Coupla hundred

There, you're done!!!

Like the stripes but you need to (IMHO) change the grille!

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Flat black grille and tint....

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm not a gear head guru, but by my knowledge I would say headers is the next thing to do, but I'm sure someone one in a couple minutes will school me & give you a better part but yeah just my .02

·
Registered
320 Posts
TB107, not to seem stark but he said performance

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
I would save another $100 and then get a Predator, it open up the unleashed power already in the car.

The only proof that I have is the "butt-o-meter" and it was good :rocker:

·
Registered
320 Posts
-
Looking for good bang-for-the-buck modification.

What do you think is the best way to increase performance for around $300? I already have the Mopar CAI. Rest is stock (2008 R/T).

Any before-and-after proof would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
320 Posts
ahh damn you see lol I completely forgot about that

·
Registered
320 Posts
I would save another $100 and then get a Predator, it open up the unleashed power already in the car.

The only proof that I have is the "butt-o-meter" and it was good :rocker:
x2x2

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
TB107, not to seem stark but he said performance
Thanks for pointing that out.

When I read $300...performance just doesn't enter my mind...sorry!

A used predator for $300. Done.

BTW, headers cost much more than $300...someone might INSTALL for $300 but headers Won't be included in that price. :wink:

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Predator for $275, and mr. brooks....headers start at $999 ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
oh ok thanks for clearing that up

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I dont know about a performance increase but you could go with flowmaster mufflers and reso delete, it might not give u that much more power but it will sound like it!

·
Registered
130 Posts
No question. Since you have air going in, tune it correctly with a Predator. Then work on getting the air back out. As others have said, you can find one used for a bit above $300.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys! And yes, I meant performance. Looks stuff is fine too, but I'm really after making the thing faster right now.

Sounds like getting a Predator is the consensus. Headers would be nice, but that's more $$. Anyone have before-and-after dyno or timeslip after tuning with the Predator?

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
HP diff MAY be 20, but seat of the pants says "Fukkin' awesome"!!!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Check the for sale forum on here... there is a guy with a used predator for $275... already updated... that would be my first mod and then save up about $600 and go for a JBA cat back....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmmm.... sounds like fun.

As an automotive engineer, I know I could tune it myself, but is there a good place in the greater Detroit metro area that does this really well?

Also, can I lower the normal engine running temp from 210 down to 180, or do I need a thermostat for that?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1) How do I lower the 210 deg factory running engine temp?

*180 deg t-stat plus have fan come on at ~185 w/ Predator?

2) What cat-back system gives a nice rumble, but is NOT loud? This is my family car too. There are so many:
Borla
Corsa
Flowmaster
Gibson
JBA
Magnaflow
Pypes
SLP

Any opinions on a good, NOT LOUD system?

-

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Thanks guys! And yes, I meant performance. Looks stuff is fine too, but I'm really after making the thing faster right now.

Sounds like getting a Predator is the consensus. Headers would be nice, but that's more $$. Anyone have before-and-after dyno or timeslip after tuning with the Predator?

Thanks,
Keep in mind that the predator is going to work its "magic" by changing the fuel maps to potentially take advantage of higher octane fuel by advancing the timing. So chances are you'll see very little actual performance benefit without a diet of premium fuel (or other complementary mods)....meaning that the predator itself is within your striking range, but keep the ongoing increase in cost of fuel (premium vs 89) as well.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts