Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of price should I be getting on a demo car? They are telling me that they will sell me the 07 RT with Sirius radio for 24,049 plus TTL. I am thinking I can get it lower than that. What ya'll think?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It has a little over 6,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yes. I think you should pay no more than 22K for it.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I don't think that sounds like a bad deal. I bought mine with 1,600 miles on it for $25,000 and that was the best deal I could find on one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
A doller of every mile so 6,000 off
msrp.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The MSRP was 30,890

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Kelly Blue Book Private Sale value

Condition Value

Excellent
$26,625

Good
$25,165

Fair
$23,175

·
Registered
236 Posts
It sounds like, with an msrp of around 30,000, there aren't many options. I got a fully loaded 06 Magnum in March for about 28,000. Sticker on it was about 35,000. So I would try to get more, but it sounds ok

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah I think the only option is the Sirius

·
Registered
459 Posts
What kind of price should I be getting on a demo car? They are telling me that they will sell me the 07 RT with Sirius radio for 24,049 plus TTL. I am thinking I can get it lower than that. What ya'll think?

Does that include incentives?

When I was looking a couple weeks ago incentives were $3500. (now 3000 on 08's) So the 07's should be more now.

I was looking for a left over 07 RT awd ... there were 3 in NE. 2 were demos ... both had 3000 miles on them. Neaither dealer would go below invoice. Plus one of them had paint work ...

So I bought an 08.

Assume a new 08 is 30k minus 3000 incentives your at 27k
Them minus about 1500 (MSRP should be about 2k above invoice) So that puts you at 25,500 for an 08. Better deal IMO.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Demos are not "used" cars. Sure, they have thousands of miles on them but they have not been titled so they can be financed like a new car.

EDIT: I see CRT already said the same thing.

I sold cars for a few years and demos were usually poor buys. Most of my fellow sales staff were slobs. We then turned around and sold the cars for only $1,000-2,000 less than what you could have gotten a brand new car for. In many instances we sold them for the SAME amount that we sold leftovers for with no miles on them!

The key was making the customer feel like he/she was actually getting a great bargain because of the miles on them.

If you turn over cars frequently they are a decent deal but if you drive your cars 10 years like me get a brand new one.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Does it have the EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Cluster)? I think you can go a little lower, especially if that is the only option group.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wouldn't consider sirius an option. Its an oppurtunity to "sell" a service. I have been invovled with several GM deals where they knocked the cost of the XM radio completley off of the deal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts