Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the dealer doesn't use synthetic so what does the truck take. It's mainly my fiance's truck, she wants to know a good brand and what type.

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Tanan:
What make/model of truck does she have? The dealers I have utilized have had synthetic oil, and are supposed to use it when required. Currently, FCA is "partnered" with Pennzoil, so you should get some level of that brand. I suppose dealers are free to use whatever brand they like, but whatever they supply should meet the current FCA spec (MS-6395) in the case of my '14 Charger.

Don

·
Registered
234 Posts
We have Kwik Trip around here, and it's all Top Tier gas. Secondly, they have the E-85 (good for most newer cars), 88 octane which is cheap as heck. My car needs 91, so I mix 93 and 88 all the time.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I guess the fiance's truck is the 2014 Durango R/T in the thread title: 5-20 Penn platinum would be the oil I would use.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
she wants to know a good brand and what type.

thanks
ALL you need to worry about is that it is the correct weight (5W-20) and that it meets MS-6395, brand names are irrelevant. If you like one brand over the other for whatever reason, that is fine, just make sure it meets the above two requirements.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts