Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I was trying to sell my dad's loaded Daytona for him on ebay for 26K. It didn't get much intrest. This car has 20K miles and has every possible option, DVD, nav., sunroof, everything.
I am actually hoping he gives up on trying to sell it so in about 5 years I can scoop it up and get a well maintained car that I know the history on so I can haul my daughter around in. She loves hotrods now, and she's only two.
However, I can't be like that to my pops. Are these Daytonas not that popular or is 26 high for a one year old car that was 38K new.
Personally I think it is a gimmick car, a foo-foo'ed up R/T. I just thought people would like Daytona's more.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
There is a Mazda dealer here with a 06 TorRed Daytona with 8k miles on it. They want 34k for it. That is 3k more than blue book and same price as sticker was. They have had the car for over 3 weeks and they won't budge on the price. I even showed them 3 Daytona's on ebay with less miles for 28k and they still wouldn't budge on price. With R/Ts being sold new on ebay for 25k, it's hard to compete with.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I sold mine (traded in) for $25k in March with 7000 miles 22inch moms and full suede interior for a gmg.that was the same offer from 3 dealers

·
Registered
388 Posts
My thought is that if muscle cars now are anything close to what they were back then we will ours for about 25 years. We have only put about 1000+ miles on it in the 16 months we have owned it. We ordered our daytona with NO options and it is a limited production color, which is kinda rare I think. So if we ever go to sell it it will have low miles and rare with no mods or options.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Personally I think it is a gimmick car, a foo-foo'ed up R/T. I just thought people would like Daytona's more.
A daytona is not supposed to be an entirely different model like a SRT-8, its a R/T with a "daytona" pkg. To me, the body wrapping performance seats alone make the daytona worth it, especially with a bad back :)

The color choices, the grille everyone seems to want, the lower chin spoiler, dark grey/ BLK seats verses cream or light grey, etc.....all reasons why to me the Daytona is a good buy

Im assuming the reason its hard to sell your Daytona though is the mileage on a 1 yr old vehicle compared to price.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Hello all,
I was trying to sell my dad's loaded Daytona for him on ebay for 26K. It didn't get much intrest. This car has 20K miles and has every possible option, DVD, nav., sunroof, everything.
I am actually hoping he gives up on trying to sell it so in about 5 years I can scoop it up and get a well maintained car that I know the history on so I can haul my daughter around in. She loves hotrods now, and she's only two.
However, I can't be like that to my pops. Are these Daytonas not that popular or is 26 high for a one year old car that was 38K new.
06 Daytona

The Top Banana, Go Mango, or Torred version.

I think the Yellow ones would be harder to sell a second time. If your into yellow, chances are you would have bought it already.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried craigslist for them also. As for what I said about "gimmick" I meant "marketing ploy". I didn't mean to get anyone bent out of shape.
I guess I am just a bare bones kind of guy. Will those Daytona badges make it go faster in the 1/4? No. People know that and there is no street cred ,as far as performance goes, over an R/T only model.
I was just saying I like them, just not all stickered up. Would I buy it for myself if I was able to get it cheap? Yeah.
I am building a blown stroker for my 'cuda so I know a thing or two about real Mopar Performance and I know stitches in the seats that say Daytona aint gonna make it faster.
Back to the selling of the Charger, my folks don't want to drop below 25K but I think they will have to because people aren't really looking to buy a car that costs alot more than a comparable R/T but is in all the same car without the matte black stickers.
Hockey stripes and billboard stripes are cool on 70's Mopar muscle but today, cars look better the sleaker they get.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
the daytona package is like 1000 dollars and it includes suspension upgrades, cai, seats, better looking wheels, and better exhaust. i dont see how that is a bad deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts