Charger Forums banner

What is your best 0-60 time in an R/T?

4K views 55 replies 29 participants last post by  LQQKOUT 
#1 ·
Just curious what the best times are that anyone has achieved on their 0-60 timer in a R/T.

I just started playin with this diagnostic feature, which is quite cool. Was a little disappointed in my times though...best so far on a flat road is 6.32 But then I decided to see how much of a difference a downsloping road made and wow!, I clocked a 5.58! I guess gravity does have quite a hold on our 4100 lb. cars!

By the way, a word of caution about the diagnostic mode...there is so much cool stuff in there, be careful when driving...it is definitely worse than talking on a cell phone while driving :grin:

#2 ·
2 nights ago, 82 degrees, flat road that mergers onto a hwy, esp off, 1500 rpm launch, pulled 5.2 flat.

#7 ·
I noticed you're an SRT, correct?

#3 ·
5.58 is my best launch so far. Most are between 5.7 and 5.9. I just put on a Daytona exhaust, I'll have to try a few runs and see if there is any difference.

#4 ·
I did 5.38 on asphalt. I hope to beat that soon. No mods.

whoops...I just noticed that you were asking about the R/T's...sorry

#6 ·
That's quite good for an R/T. Looks like you've done quite a few mods too.

#9 ·
uhhhh no, my huge sig wasnt a giveaway?

I had just left my GF's house and was keeping my engine temp down till i got to this stoplight, it was at 178 in the evic when i did this. low temps are your best friend. no I dont have a pic of it, my camera was in my house, which required me to unlock it with my keys that were in the ignition, so open door bye bye time. my best is at 4.92 but it was a little down hill, guess i should clear that.

#17 ·
That's a pretty good time. Your mods list says: "AFE Stage ll ,180 t-stat ,CG II ,ECG ,Blinker Mod"

What is CGII and ECG?

#13 ·
I hear what you're saying, I'll need a pair of them soon. Right now, I'm still having some fun with the timer, but my gas mileage dropped from an average of around 20-21 to 15-16mpg. Can't afford to do that too often. On a recent trip to KC, I actually got 23mpg.

On another note, I must say that I do think my car is starting to learn to behave more like a muscle car. I've probably done about 15 time trials and on the last few, I have consistently run 5.8 - 6.1 and have actually laid down some good rubber. I'm looking forward to getting my Brylcreem mod and the diablo...hopefully that will get me consistently down to the low to mid 5's.

#14 ·
My best time 5.82 with the fiance driving best time 5.53 temp 65 engind temp 207, she can run the car all day at 5.6, she has the touch currently 3000 miles, I know she will get a little faster once I have more miles and the predator

#18 ·
ecg =CONVENIENCE/SECURITY GROUPS
Electronics Convenience Group $630
Package includes >>
Instrument Cluster with Display Screen
Temperature and Compass Gauge
Vehicle Information Center
Traveler/Mini Trip Computer
Security Alarm
Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls
Universal Garage Door Opener

CG ll = Convenience Group II $1,005
Package includes >>
Air Conditioning with Dual Zone Auto Temp Control
Power Windows w/Front One-Touch Up and Down Feature
Heated Front Seats
Power Front Seats
Automatic headlamps

#21 ·
My moms 07 AMG does 0 to 60 in 4.2 seconds and it's all stock.

thats siiiicK!! and the most impressive thing about it is...it will do that consistently and repeatedly!! I might get a best time of "whatever"..but its likely hard to duplicate or repeat. Those AMGs are just ..well...wow!

#24 ·
I hit 5.72 with it being about 70 degrees and 1800 miles on my car. And it was bone stock, so hopefully it will continue to get better as more miles get put on it

#25 ·
besides the track, what is the best way to get a good read on your 0-60 time if you have an 06 without the built in timer? Dashhawk? Something else?

#26 ·
My flashpaq seemed to be very accurate. I don't have that any more, so I am looking into getting a g-tech my self.

#27 ·
I"m down to 6.02

I've done a 6.02. It's been HOT here. I'm hoping to get some better times once it gets cooler. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to break the tires away at all. Even using the Key Off trick. I've got the stock 20" Goodyear Eagles RS-A's. Are you running 93 octane fuel? I was running 89 at the time.

I'd love to run my car at the local brackets. That would be a blast. The only mod I have is the MOPAR CAI.

07 RT R&T

#28 ·
I've done a 6.02. It's been HOT here. I'm hoping to get some better times once it gets cooler. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to break the tires away at all. Even using the Key Off trick. I've got the stock 20" Goodyear Eagles RS-A's. Are you running 93 octane fuel? I was running 89 at the time.

I'd love to run my car at the local brackets. That would be a blast. The only mod I have is the MOPAR CAI.

07 RT R&T
I've heard breakin the 20" ers is real tough...

#29 ·
Best time so far is 6.00 flat. Mods are fairly light, CAI, Superchips, Borla. But then again I'm rolling with every accessory available e.g. rear spoiler, 22" Foose rims, moon roof etc.

As far as "breaking loose on the 22's" I've got to say that the best bang for my buck so far was the superchips, once the torque was reduced it was instantly noticeable, I can lay some serious rubber down at will.

#30 ·
well i guess i need to get some 20" wheels in first gear with esp off not the no-esp mod if i punch it they light up
i have a 5.68 but if i could keep from spinning the tires i know i could get a 5.48 so much time lost at the line

#31 ·
Tried it for the first time today...guess the trailer hitch slowed my car down a bit. Whopping 7.82, LOL. Or maybe because I started the timer in the middle of a turn around :)

#32 · (Edited)
Ok,

So I'm up here in Canada so I have to take my car up to 100 km/h (~62 MPH), no biggie, just another 2 MPH so whatever....metric garbage stuff

I can't stop doing 0-60 runs.. just can't. Car has only 248 km on it and I've already had about 50 runs today. Nice break in 'eh?

Here is my best. Fresh pavement, about a 2% down grade, car engine was running at 97*, EPS and Squiggles off (key turned forward trick), all bone stock. Spare tire and jack removed.

#35 ·
Wow...can I tell you guys that I love my Predator. I just got my best 0-60 time ever! Temp was 41 degrees, and I was running 93 Octane gas I bought in Arkansas (we can only get 91 in Oklahoma) and I had 1/8 tank of gas left. 4.82 seconds in a 5.7 R/T! Has anyone done better than that?

#33 ·
That is a darn good time for a stock R/T even if it is a Daytona. My best on a flat road is 5.78 and I got a 5.58 on a slight downhill road.

#37 ·
I can't wait to get my car to the track and see what my 1/4 mile time is...I'm hoping for less than 13.5 at better than 100 mph!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.