Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what the best times are that anyone has achieved on their 0-60 timer in a R/T.

I just started playin with this diagnostic feature, which is quite cool. Was a little disappointed in my times though...best so far on a flat road is 6.32 But then I decided to see how much of a difference a downsloping road made and wow!, I clocked a 5.58! I guess gravity does have quite a hold on our 4100 lb. cars!

By the way, a word of caution about the diagnostic mode...there is so much cool stuff in there, be careful when driving...it is definitely worse than talking on a cell phone while driving :grin:

·
Registered
928 Posts
2 nights ago, 82 degrees, flat road that mergers onto a hwy, esp off, 1500 rpm launch, pulled 5.2 flat.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
5.58 is my best launch so far. Most are between 5.7 and 5.9. I just put on a Daytona exhaust, I'll have to try a few runs and see if there is any difference.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I did 5.38 on asphalt. I hope to beat that soon. No mods.

whoops...I just noticed that you were asking about the R/T's...sorry

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 nights ago, 82 degrees, flat road that mergers onto a hwy, esp off, 1500 rpm launch, pulled 5.2 flat.
I noticed you're an SRT, correct?

·
Registered
928 Posts
uhhhh no, my huge sig wasnt a giveaway?

I had just left my GF's house and was keeping my engine temp down till i got to this stoplight, it was at 178 in the evic when i did this. low temps are your best friend. no I dont have a pic of it, my camera was in my house, which required me to unlock it with my keys that were in the ignition, so open door bye bye time. my best is at 4.92 but it was a little down hill, guess i should clear that.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
That's quite good for an R/T. Looks like you've done quite a few mods too.

I am getting a cam installed and my car dyno tuned with my diablo by the end of the month hopefully. I am going to the track sometime in early october. I can't wait to see what my car does.

·
Registered
174 Posts
85f just off hwy 181 temp best i can do 5.68
i know i can beat this time if i can lose some wheel spin off line.

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hear what you're saying, I'll need a pair of them soon. Right now, I'm still having some fun with the timer, but my gas mileage dropped from an average of around 20-21 to 15-16mpg. Can't afford to do that too often. On a recent trip to KC, I actually got 23mpg.

On another note, I must say that I do think my car is starting to learn to behave more like a muscle car. I've probably done about 15 time trials and on the last few, I have consistently run 5.8 - 6.1 and have actually laid down some good rubber. I'm looking forward to getting my Brylcreem mod and the diablo...hopefully that will get me consistently down to the low to mid 5's.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
My best time 5.82 with the fiance driving best time 5.53 temp 65 engind temp 207, she can run the car all day at 5.6, she has the touch currently 3000 miles, I know she will get a little faster once I have more miles and the predator

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am getting a cam installed and my car dyno tuned with my diablo by the end of the month hopefully. I am going to the track sometime in early october. I can't wait to see what my car does.
So you have the diablo? What do you think of it, have you noticed an increase in performance?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
So you have the diablo? What do you think of it, have you noticed an increase in performance?
I don't have the diablo yet, it hasn't been released yet. I have it on pre-order. But I should have it by the end of the month. I should be getting my cam here with in a week or so and I am getting that installed with in a week of getting it. Hopefully I get my diablo by mid September and get my car tuned by the end of the month. Then I can see what my car will do at the track in early Oct.

·
Registered
584 Posts
85f just off hwy 181 temp best i can do 5.68
i know i can beat this time if i can lose some wheel spin off line.
That's a pretty good time. Your mods list says: "AFE Stage ll ,180 t-stat ,CG II ,ECG ,Blinker Mod"

What is CGII and ECG?

·
Registered
174 Posts
ecg =CONVENIENCE/SECURITY GROUPS
Electronics Convenience Group $630
Package includes >>
Instrument Cluster with Display Screen
Temperature and Compass Gauge
Vehicle Information Center
Traveler/Mini Trip Computer
Security Alarm
Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls
Universal Garage Door Opener

CG ll = Convenience Group II $1,005
Package includes >>
Air Conditioning with Dual Zone Auto Temp Control
Power Windows w/Front One-Touch Up and Down Feature
Heated Front Seats
Power Front Seats
Automatic headlamps

·
Registered
174 Posts
thanks

That's a pretty good time. Your mods list says: "AFE Stage ll ,180 t-stat ,CG II ,ECG ,Blinker Mod"

What is CGII and ECG?
I have tried 20 times sence then to beat that time of 5.68 and can,t
I must have been on my a game that day
alot of 5.8 but no 5.5's :(
I really think there is a 5.4 in this car just the way it is I just have to work on the launch without wheel spin

1 - 20 of 56 Posts