Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just being curious here. I wanted to see what people's 0-60 was and what you've done to get it where it is. Don't be shy! Please share your year and specific model as well:). Thanks all!

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
I don't have the EVIC timer but 4.7 0-60 over and over again.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
2.1 seconds...but I was on a patch of ice at the time...:biggrinjester:

Seriously though, it's an important point. The EVIC 0-60 timer is influenced by wheel slip and can't be relied upon to be completely accurate. You need an external measurement to be sure of what your 0-60 mph performance truly is.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2.1 seconds...but I was on a patch of ice at the time...:biggrinjester:

Seriously though, it's an important point. The EVIC 0-60 timer is influenced by wheel slip and can't be relied upon to be completely accurate. You need an external measurement to be sure of what your 0-60 mph performance truly is.
Would love to see that and the look on your face as it happened :-D.

I was wondering about that myself, the most accurate way to measure?

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
I thought all SRT models were equipped with some sort of performance pages?
My 07 RT's best is 5.84
-SRT Alcoas
-Mopar+Spectre intake
-DS 89 Tune for wheel size only
-Aces was the contributing factor in the only 5.84 I ran
-catchcan

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought all SRT models were equipped with some sort of performance pages?
My 07 RT's best is 5.84
-SRT Alcoas
-Mopar+Spectre intake
-DS 89 Tune for wheel size only
-Aces was the contributing factor in the only 5.84 I ran
-catchcan
Nice!
Do you own a tuner or did you have it done somewhere?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Would love to see that and the look on your face as it happened :-D.

I was wondering about that myself, the most accurate way to measure?
The early car EVIC systems (pre-2011) use the measurements from the speedo (which has an error of +/- 3% in most cases) and don't measure actual ground velocity in any case (like the fictitious ice example I stated).

Phone based accelerometers are a little closer to reality since they calculate the g-forces involved, but they have significant errors too.

The current (2011+) cars use both the speedo and built-in accelerometers and give much more accurate measurements than either of the above examples...but still contain errors.

The best way is like they can do at a qualified track...radar guns and precise timing instruments linked by computer...done from outside the car.

Reactions: baller1015

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The early car EVIC systems (pre-2011) use the measurements from the speedo (which has an error of +/- 3% in most cases) and don't measure actual ground velocity in any case (like the fictitious ice example I stated).

Phone based accelerometers are a little closer to reality since they calculate the g-forces involved, but they have significant errors too.

The current (2011+) cars use both the speedo and built-in accelerometers and give much more accurate measurements than either of the above examples...but still contain errors.

The best way is like they can do at a qualified track...radar guns and precise timing instruments linked by computer...done from outside the car.
Great info! My rt is bone stock right now(aside from the 75 cent interior mod) so I'm looking to see what everyone else has done

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
Nice Brian! What mods have you done to get there?
Probably a loaded answer but........all my QuantumBlue fluids in engine, transmission and differential. QuantumBlue HP Gold Coolant too. Also adding ACES IV to the gasoline.

Together they picked up 25 hp and 38 Ft labs of torque! This makes for faster 0 - 60 times for sure!:rocker:

Regards
Brian
BND Automotive LLC :driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Probably a loaded answer but........all my QuantumBlue fluids in engine, transmission and differential. QuantumBlue HP Gold Coolant too. Also adding ACES IV to the gasoline.

Together they picked up 25 hp and 38 Ft labs of torque! This makes for faster 0 - 60 times for sure!:rocker:

Regards
Brian
BND Automotive LLC :driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
Thanks Brian!:thumbup: have you added tuner, exhaust, cai, anything else? I know your products are quality

·
Registered
208 Posts

Geez! Thanks for killing my awesome feeling! Haha. I really do need to get to a track!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
Thanks Brian!:thumbup: have you added tuner, exhaust, cai, anything else? I know your products are quality
No, I have tried to do everything I can with just our products to see what could be done without changing anything else.

Our next move will be a Green Filter performance drop in from www.greenfilterusa.com

Then I am looking at doing an Intune but haven't done that personally to my car yet.

Running right now a best of 13:01 @ 108.23 mph and getting 24.5 mpg to 25 mph going home from the track!:bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
My best is a 4.08....but that was with drag slicks at the track....Oh yeah tire slip did not occur

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He uses ACES IV and all our fluids for a base of performance...I can at least answer that!;)

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
Haha thanks Brian:thumbup:.I'm getting ready to remove that rust i have on my pulleys, could you send me a link to the product you have for that?
Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
2007 SRT here... 3.68 on street 285's. Using the EVIC timer and disabling all ESP/anti lock, 50 degree night on a seasoned chipped back road. The portion of road was flat and very sharp, giving old girl the best grip I've ever felt. I returned to the same spot many nights over but the closest I ever got was a 3.76.

175 t-stat, RDP air intake and Diablo.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts