Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked everywhere I could think of but I can't figure out what is tis round / cylindrical part, has a small cover on top that looks like it opens but I have not been able to open it (by hand, haven't tried tools yet)

With the engine cover off and the engine running I'm hearing a buzzing/vibrating noise coming from it ... almost like something is loose inside it and is rotating.

Any ideas ?

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
thats the PCV valve/system. i bet you can hear the valve open and close, its a one way valve.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought that the PCV (possitive cranckcase ventilation) was always attached to the valve cover. This looks like it's molded into the intake manifold with a tube that runs back to the intake. I thought the PCV was on the other side by the oil fill. New fangled cars, I must be getting old.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats the PCV valve/system. i bet you can hear the valve open and close, its a one way valve.
It's a weird sound, a buzzing / rotational noise, like something is loose and vibrating in a circle ..... I WAS thinking of leaving the engine cover off, but not if I'm gonna hear that noise everytime the engine's running :knockout: :knockout:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've heard the same sound comming from mine. My buddy has a 300C and I've never noticed that noise from his engine. So can anybody tell us if that noise (quite loud actually) is normal? Or is it a sign of excessive blow-by?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Ive heard its normal if your talking about the clicking noise. Or maybe its the devil. LOL NO but serious i have hear its normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts