Charger Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
2,002 Posts
Don't move near me then lol
I used to love it. I still do, to a point. It’s the sudden blast that I’m not expecting that gets me.

I still prefer the stock sound these on these cars. I just think that they come from the factory sounding so nice, deep subtle rumble until you step on it.

Don’t get me wrong, I had my Harley obnoxiously loud. My 2000 Ram Sport was straight piped. I loved driving through the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel with it, haha
I think that it my Silverado was the last loud vehicle that I had.

Reactions: Punisher69

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
I love the "murdered out" look, but the one in that pic is too much for even me. Other than my markers my lights are untouched.
Maybe that’s it. I love that look, but maybe you’re right and it’s the lights pushing it over.🤷🏻‍♂️
I like the lights blacked out, but mine is Triple Nickle, totally different look.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I used to love it. I still do, to a point. It’s the sudden blast that I’m not expecting that gets me.

I still prefer the stock sound these on these cars. I just think that they come from the factory sounding so nice, deep subtle rumble until you step on it.

Don’t get me wrong, I had my Harley obnoxiously loud. My 2000 Ram Sport was straight piped. I loved driving through the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel with it, haha
I think that it my Silverado was the last loud vehicle that I had.
Oh tunnels and overpasses are a riot in the Beast. Old ladies stop and start looking around lmao

I'm about to change the exhaust again. Ear protection is almost a necessity if it's in the garage idling. I must be getting old.

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Oh tunnels and overpasses are a riot in the Beast. Old ladies stop and start looking around lmao

I'm about to change the exhaust again. Ear protection is almost a necessity if it's in the garage idling. I must be getting old.
My old Ram, I had the pipes coming out the side, right in front of the rear wheels. You could hardly hear the radio at highway speeds.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The louvers ruin it for me, but I'm getting old so there's that.

And if someone does not like something I do to my ride, I don't care because I'm getting old and don't care so there's that too.

One's ride only needs to make one happy.

·
Registered
2021 WB SP
255 Posts
Aggro means hostile or angry for no reason. And I wasn't shitting on anyone's spent time on research or the suggestion. I was merely offering an alternative to buying an entire assembly that MAY only need a $2 boot replaced.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I love the "murdered out" look, but the one in that pic is too much for even me. Other than my markers my lights are untouched.
I sort of like the blackout look but the red brembo brakes - - really detract from the theme. And I would ditch the rear louvers and the duckbill.

BTW im hoping the thread OP was able to replace the evap line or the rotted rubber elbow and clear any codes they might have.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I learned about that just the other day. I was trying to figure out why I had a code for the evap system. (P0441) It ended up that at some point I forgot to put the hose back onto the back of the filter housing to the intake. While checking everything to get rid of the code causing my service engine light to come on, I finally found the hissing vaccuum leak that I couldn't find for so long. Once I fixed the vaccuum leak, it is running smoother now. I don't have that sort of cam shake at idle anymore. LOL The leak was at the intake bolts, just behind them. I found the leak when spraying carb cleaner right on that spot, and the engine stumbled really bad. I spayed that stuff before but never noticed anything. This time I hit the right spot with the spray. Then I put my finger next to it and the hissing seamed louder. So it seems these plastic intake manifolds will get a small crack next the the bolts. Mine is a 2011, not sure if anything was changed to fix this on newer models or not. I put black RTV beside and around all the bolts to make sure I got all of the leaks sealed. I still think I hear a faint hiss, so I will check the bottome side of the intake, when I check that VVT solenoid again.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I like the all black look, with me desperately wanting, but unable to afford at the time a 2012 black R/T blacktop.

There's just something about EVERYTHING being black that I don't like, I guess it's kind of hypocritical. I like black wheels, black car, black interior, and dark tiny, but that's about it. I don't like the black headlight covers/tail covers, and then the all black badges/exhaust tips. To me, SOMETHING needs to offset it. As long as something stands out as not black, I think it's okay for me whether it be the red brembos, or for my it's the red 392 badges plus the silver Dodge and Charger lettering.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I like the all black look, with me desperately wanting, but unable to afford at the time a 2012 black R/T blacktop.

There's just something about EVERYTHING being black that I don't like, I guess it's kind of hypocritical. I like black wheels, black car, black interior, and dark tiny, but that's about it. I don't like the black headlight covers/tail covers, and then the all black badges/exhaust tips. To me, SOMETHING needs to offset it. As long as something stands out as not black, I think it's okay for me whether it be the red brembos, or for my it's the red 392 badges plus the silver Dodge and Charger lettering.
Thays why I have my red trim, brakes and center caps on my wheels lol (forgive the old pics)

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
So it seems these plastic intake manifolds will get a small crack next the the bolts.
Sounds like it could be over torquing maybe?
Could just be old plastic that has become brittle or weak from age and heat exposure, causing it to crack easily when tightening the bolts.

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Thays why I have my red trim, brakes and center caps on my wheels lol (forgive the old pics)

That’s how I had my HUMMER set up. Blacked out with Red H3 Tactical badge.
I agree that the contrast goes together nicely.

Now, Punisher, enough of your car pics. I can’t take many more of them. You’re going to get me in trouble.

Reactions: Punisher69

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like it could be over torquing maybe?
Could just be old plastic that has become brittle or weak from age and heat exposure, causing it to crack easily when tightening the bolts.
Maybe just age. I make sure to torque it to the proper specification. At these aren't like one of my other cars, where the transmission bolts are aluminum and don't even hold up to the torque spec. LOL

Reactions: Rhill1124
21 - 37 of 37 Posts