Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this? Mine is very loose and I wondered what this part could be, I would appreciate it if somebody could provide me the part number because I looked almost everywhere I couldn't know what this is.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Is that a 5.7?

·
Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
3,141 Posts
I got the image from google. However, mine is a 2013 5.7 Hemi and it looks exactly the same
No it doesn't, that is a pre-eagle 5.7 (note the EGR). This is what you have:

More than likely there is still a part number sticker on that tube, but if not that is the canister purge tube (emissions) p/n 4578627AA.

·
Registered
2021 WB SP
255 Posts
It's a purge line. It was relocated for a few years to the side of the block so you didn't see it. Then it came back on top of the engine in '21

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
What is this? Mine is very loose and I wondered what this part could be, I would appreciate it if somebody could provide me the part number because I looked almost everywhere I couldn't know what this is.
It's a "vacuum vapor harness", Mopar P/N 4578151AC, and it ain't cheap. But yes, you should replace it. They tend to dry out and crack.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Buy a 1/4 90° silicone fitting, doesn't have to expensive.
Cool. Didn't realize you had inspected the rest of the harness and found that the manifold, the formed hose, the plastic line, and the straight connector were all in perfect shape.

·
Registered
2021 WB SP
255 Posts
Cool. Didn't realize you had inspected the rest of the harness and found that the manifold, the formed hose, the plastic line, and the straight connector were all in perfect shape.
Wow dude agro much, it was a suggestion for a coupler. No need to be a tool about it.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Wow dude agro much, it was a suggestion for a coupler. No need to be a tool about it.
LOL...so I'm an "agro tool" for pointing out that with one component of the harness so severely deteriorated, the rest of it should be inspected, instead of just advising the OP to replace the one part he can see.

But you are not an "agro tool" for crapping on my post, even though I'm the only one who answered the OP's question for the part number, and then making shiatty personal remarks to soothe your obvious butthurt.

Thanks for setting me straight.

All anybody needs to know about you is right in your sig.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I don't think he was crapping on your post, just making a suggestion for a cheaper alternative. I agree that the rest of the harness should be inspected just in case something else is faulty. If it's just that part, a silicone fitting would be just fine.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
1,999 Posts
All anybody needs to know about you is right in your sig.
He must live next door to me. I swear this guy sets off my PTSD every time he starts his car.
I want to blow the dammed thing up.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Plant

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
And WTH is agro? Is that from gaming or something? Meaning that you’re angry?
I went to look it up and misspelled it and thought that he called you a constellation.😂🤦🏻‍♂️

“I’m getting too old for this sh**”
-Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon)

Reactions: Punisher69

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Reactions: Punisher69

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Agro is a term in my farm and ranching community so I guess he is in agriculture.
Being from Ohio, originally, I am well aware of that use of the word.
They really need to stop changing these words, I am having trouble keeping up. Haha
Meh. Too much black. If that's possible.
Strangely, I agree. I love blacked out cars, there’s just something about his that doesn’t sit right. (Other than the exhaust)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts