Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and another gentleman on this board were debating what makes up a ricer. I would just like to get a concensous from the rest of the crew here. I'll start with what I believe a ricer to be:

-Any car (not just Japanese) that goes overboard with ridiculous sh!t on their car; such as decals, stickers, scoops (hood and roof), spoilers (no, not the car manufacturers brand), body kits, over sized muffler ends, and other wild sh!t. Going overboard doens't take much. If I see a Saturn with an tall spoiler, it is a ricer.

Alot of cars have some of these, which I don't consider a ricer, such as a Mustang Saleen. It has a body kit (ground effects) but they actually do something for the car, not just looking like its going to scrape ice off the road. The SRT-8 has a hood scope, but its functional, so there is a purpose in it. It's not just glued on.

Some ricer's actually don't look bad in my opinion, but the majority of them make you wonder.

Go to laughatrice.com for more examples of rice. Funny as sh!t website by the way!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think the term "ricer" applies to more than just the car itself. It also applies to how the car is driven. Thus a ricer in my opinion is a car described as above while driven by an idiot.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
what makes a ricer - quarter panels that aren't completed and seem to slapped on with a base coat

- a tail fin that is taller than the actual car and looks like it belongs on a matchbox car to pick it up off of the floor

- missing quarter panel...missing rear bumper...missing front airdamn

the list shall continue.....

·
Banned
103 Posts
Most of what you said is true. None of my cars does that apply to. other than the facts that you have stated, I think ricer is also a state of mind. For example a dumbmestic driver gets owned by a 240sx on a highway. Instead of giving props to the 240sx driver he does a ricer fly by. When a dumbmestic or import person try to show off the performance of there car by doing donuts and ends up messing up there car due to the lack of expirience behind the wheel is a ricer. one who brags about there friends car beating your car is a ricer. Bragging about mods that you do not have yet is also another example of a ricer. Like I said Ricer is a state of mind.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
ricer - not just an attitude - it's a state of mind.....

that makes a great sig. supraTT

in defence of the imports....i love a gorgeous acura personally....big fan of the rsx and integra cars...just hate it when guys drive around in them with the above issues........and you have definitely defined some issues i haven't thought about.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
dagummit said:
Go to laughatrice.com for more examples of rice. Funny as sh!t website by the way!!!
One more entry in my favorites.

·
Registered
105 Posts
oh man that website had me rolling. I don't know how many tall spoilers I see every day ... got my charger on a strict diet though; nothing but ricecakes comes out of that exhaust!

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I like all real performance cars. I hate the "fart can" sound that some people put on relatively unmodified cars just to give them the sound. I hate phony spoilers and air intakes that don't work.

Basically, I don't like cars that don't have class

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Ricer= Somebody who could have a high performance, world class vehicle if they just saved all the money they put into it and bought a car with a warranty.

Buying a beat up Civic for 2k and putting 60k into it, TO ME, makes no sense.

I would rather have an SLK-55 AMG for the same money and smoke people in luxury.

BUT THAT'S JUST ME. :rockon:

·
Registered
279 Posts
The things that tick me off the most about the ricers are the going over board with the graphics and stipes. Also anyone who doesn't speak any of the asian languages SHOULDN'T have chinesse, japanesse, or another asian symbols or characters on their cars, by any means. God only knows what that might say! Also any car that sounds similar to my Honda lawn mower (they make darn good mowers) = ricer. Oh yeah and neon lights anywhere on the car...don't even get me started!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
don't be shy husker...let it all out man!! lmao......

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
10 REASONS YOU MIGHT BE A RICER:

1. If your back wheels are aluminum and your front wheels are steel,
YOU MIGHT BE A RICER!
2. If the wing on the back of your car is taller than you,
YOU MIGHT BE A RICER!
3. If the number of decals on your car exceed your age,
YOU MIGHT BE A RICER!
4. If your body mods are installed with double-sided tape,
YOU MIGHT BE A RICER!
5. If your car is painted, but you body kit is not,
YOU MIGHT BE A RICER!
6. When your car accelerates, the sound reminds you of "uncle joe" breaking wind,
YOU MIGHT BE A RICER!
7. If the only mods on your stock Civic is a 5 point harness and a coffee can exhaust,
YOU MIGHT BE A RICER!
8. If your windows are limo tinted...out of embarassment,
YOU MIGHT BE A RICER!
9. If you brag about having a 14 sec car, but on race day you only run 18's
YOU MIGHT BE A RICER!
10. If you refer to a 4cyl. wail as "the sound of power"...
YOU MIGHT BE A RICER!!
Hell, if any of these apply to you, YOU ARE A RICER!!! :embarrese

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

·
Registered
384 Posts
HuskerCharger312 said:
Oh yeah and neon lights anywhere on the car...don't even get me started!
neons are old now, everyones getting led's!

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Back when the SRT4 came out, I was reading a transcript of a chat between a Dodge rep and potential customers. Someone asked why the SRT4 was only 5 speeds instead of 6. I'll never forget his answer. I'm paraphrasing, but this is pretty close. "This is not some whiny import. This is American muscle. We don't need 6 speeds." That's one reason I'm a Mopar guy.

·
Banned
103 Posts
I think you all need to pay a visit to streetfire.net, and watch some video's.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
SupraTT850rwhp said:
I think you all need to pay a visit to streetfire.net, and watch some video's.

Some cool stuff there. I especially like the turbo Plymouth Voyager. :)

1 - 20 of 93 Posts