Charger Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
They somehow sell about 100,000 vehicles a year in the US market, Dodge brand was about 450K a year except 2020 only 260K

·
Registered
5,578 Posts

·
Registered
2019 TorRed Charger Scatpack Daytona
174 Posts
I only ever see XC90 SUVs here in the Greater Toronto Area. They look pretty nice and have reviewed well I think but yeah, expensive. That or older model sedans.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
What happened?
13 months total ownership with 1 month total in and out of the dealership making repairs.

A clunky front suspension where FCA mandated one component at a time be replaced to fix the noise. After EVERY part on the left front was replaced they discovered the new replacement Dodge strut mount was bad. Not just the OEM that came with the car but also the replacement strut mount.

Then the multifunction radio started acting up resulting in intermittent loss of rear view camera, blue screen, floating screen, inability to use any function or mode requiring the touch screen. 3 cell videos recorded and 3 trips to the dealership before they replaced it. A clock that constantly changed in the wrong direction twice if not 3 times every seasonal time change.

An Armadillo curled up and rolled under the front while driving causing $3800 in insurance repair cost to the lower support, radiator and condenser replacement, splash shields, grill inserts. Yada yada yada.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
13 months total ownership with 1 month total in and out of the dealership making repairs.

A clunky front suspension where FCA mandated one component at a time be replaced to fix the noise. After EVERY part on the left front was replaced they discovered the new replacement Dodge strut mount was bad. Not just the OEM that came with the car but also the replacement strut mount.

Then the multifunction radio started acting up resulting in intermittent loss of rear view camera, blue screen, floating screen, inability to use any function or mode requiring the touch screen. 3 cell videos recorded and 3 trips to the dealership before they replaced it. A clock that constantly changed in the wrong direction twice if not 3 times every seasonal time change.

An Armadillo curled up and rolled under the front while driving causing $3800 in insurance repair cost to the lower support, radiator and condenser replacement, splash shields, grill inserts. Yada yada yada.
Ouch. My issues were nuisance-level problems, but it made it easier to part with the car when I saw that I wasn't using it much anymore. The merger with PSA, effectively making the French and Chinese governments significant owners of Stellantis, was the final straw. I'm done. I'll continue to contribute on the forums though.

Best,

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
In fairness I guess I still am with FCA owning a 2020 Willys which has been problem free except for a cracked brake backing plate. Recent trip this past week to WV was problem free and this is the current miles (bought April last year) and the average mpg on the road this week.

As soon as the chip shortage is resolved and new car lots are replenished we will look for a new 4 door sedan. And I really am undecided if it will be an import or a domestic. This thread on the S60 has me hyped to look into something other than the big three.

We are turning 70 this year and the body is looking for some comfortable seating that does not require grab bars and steps to get in on long drives where legs turn into rubber after 10 hours on the road. But I'm not parting with the Jeep.

·
Registered
2020 Charger SXT Plus AWD - Frostbite/Black
133 Posts
We are turning 70 this year and the body is looking for some comfortable seating that does not require grab bars and steps to get in on long drives where legs turn into rubber after 10 hours on the road.
If you're willing to consider the possibility that your experience was just a fluke of bad luck, try the AWD Charger. It has extra ground clearance and a comfortably high seating position, as sedans go. One of the reasons I got mine.

·
Registered
625 Posts
If you're willing to consider the possibility that your experience was just a fluke of bad luck, try the AWD Charger. It has extra ground clearance and a comfortably high seating position, as sedans go. One of the reasons I got mine.
You can’t blame an Armadillo on FCA. That’s just bad luck.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
You can’t blame an Armadillo on FCA. That’s just bad luck.
True - that's why I separated the critter damage from the quality issue. But I was surprised at how flimsy the lower radiator/AC Condenser support is and it offers zero protection. Squatty vehicles with long wheelbases definitely require a different approach to awareness when it comes to ground clearance. A raised utility cover in a road, a frost heave, a speed bump, an entrance/exit to a gas station. Definitely not the fault of FCA.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The one thing i don't like about my 21 GT is how flimsy the bumpers and side skirts are. It wouldn't take much of hit to damage any of that.

·
Registered
966 Posts
In fairness I guess I still am with FCA owning a 2020 Willys which has been problem free except for a cracked brake backing plate. Recent trip this past week to WV was problem free and this is the current miles (bought April last year) and the average mpg on the road this week.

As soon as the chip shortage is resolved and new car lots are replenished we will look for a new 4 door sedan. And I really am undecided if it will be an import or a domestic. This thread on the S60 has me hyped to look into something other than the big three.

We are turning 70 this year and the body is looking for some comfortable seating that does not require grab bars and steps to get in on long drives where legs turn into rubber after 10 hours on the road. But I'm not parting with the Jeep.
My son has a 4 or 5 year old Wrangler & it's been problem free except for having to replace an oil pressure sensor. I like the vehicle but it does require using the grab bar to get in. My wife finds it very difficult to get in which means we'll never buy one. I do like the colors they offer.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
The one thing i don't like about my 21 GT is how flimsy the bumpers and side skirts are. It wouldn't take much of hit to damage any of that.
The rubber bumper covers will take a lot of abuse and flex which is good. They can be repaired if the damage is minor. But they do separate from the vehicle if hit just right. Of all lost objects on the side of roads that I see, number 1 is mattresses and box springs that blow off truck beds and car roof tops, and number 2 is torn off bumpers from people that snag barrier cables.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The rubber bumper covers will take a lot of abuse and flex which is good. They can be repaired if the damage is minor. But they do separate from the vehicle if hit just right. Of all lost objects on the side of roads that I see, number 1 is mattresses and box springs that blow off truck beds and car roof tops, and number 2 is torn off bumpers from people that snag barrier cables.
Well I guess flexing is better than cracking. I have seen quite a few bumper covers on the road over the years. I guess they could fit them in the backseat and just left them there haha.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts