Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this might be the dumbest thread other than the someone peeing in my inner fender.

Saw a weird newer looking car today and it was a Volvo S60? Got me thinking. Who buys Volvo's? You rarely ever see them. You never hear of them being included with luxury cars. They're kind of expensive. Nobody buys them. Who are they geared for? You don't ever hear a kid saying he wants a Volvo. Some rich guy doesn't buy a Volvo. They're too expensive for your average Joe Schmo. Too fancy for old people. I don't get them.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I always had a saying that people who own Volvo also own a vulva as well. But Volvo does make some decent cars and the S60 is not a bad looking sedan. I just don't know how reliable they are.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Some weird reason I like them back in late 70s. By the way I had one toady decide he wanted to test his gas pedal, didn't last long.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,133 Posts
Really? Maybe in your neck of the woods but we have Volvo's around my way all over the place. They make some really nice looking cars and SUV's.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just don't know what their audience is. You don't ever hear anyone mention a Volvo when talking about luxury cars like you do Benz, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Infiniti. They have a few "quick" cars but nothing performance oriented as far as I know. It's not for old people like Buick or Lincoln, too fancy. They're pricey on par with luxury.

Maybe they're popular in Asia or Europe I don't know. You just never see them.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really? Maybe in your neck of the woods but we have Volvo's around my way all over the place. They make some really nice looking cars and SUV's.
The one SUV they make isn't bad looking. But if I have to spend that money I'm spending it on a BMW or Benz.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The same people that would own a Saab.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
If I was so lucky to reach the end of warranty before it started dying I might still own the scat pack.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Well this might be the dumbest thread other than the someone peeing in my inner fender.

Saw a weird newer looking car today and it was a Volvo S60? Got me thinking. Who buys Volvo's? You rarely ever see them. You never hear of them being included with luxury cars. They're kind of expensive. Nobody buys them. Who are they geared for? You don't ever hear a kid saying he wants a Volvo. Some rich guy doesn't buy a Volvo. They're too expensive for your average Joe Schmo. Too fancy for old people. I don't get them.
There's NO WAY I'd buy one now that the company counts Geely as a major investor. Geely makes some of the cheapest deathboxes on wheels in China.

Best,

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
If I was so lucky to reach the end of warranty before it started dying I might still own the scat pack.
Didn't realize you got rid of yours. Figured you for a lifer. :)

Reactions: ONEZ ST

·
Registered
629 Posts
For someone who hates these cars, you sure spend a lot of time on this forum.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I always like the boxy turbo wagons they made.... but I'm a sucker for a wagon.

They are really a niche vehicle and known for safety.... If you aren't flashy and value safety they're not bad cars.

The twin charged engines are pretty neat tech but I wouldn't want to have to fix one out of warranty! I always thought the S90 looked like a handsome sedan.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts