Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a brand new 2014 charger rt hemi, I want to put an intake in it what is my best option ? I want it to sound meaner.

·
Registered
822 Posts
None of the intakes are really worth the cost, especially on a stock car. Your best option would be to remove the resonator from the stock setup to get some more growl and save the $. I put the Mopar Intake on and although nice, it certainly didn't help performance

·
Registered
56 Posts
LMI hammer intake, make it sound so mean on WOT, i was really happy.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
None of the intakes are really worth the cost, especially on a stock car. Your best option would be to remove the resonator from the stock setup to get some more growl and save the $. I put the Mopar Intake on and although nice, it certainly didn't help performance
the OP wants an intake that sounds aggressive, and you suggest removal of the resonators??? not to mention the cost to remove the resonators and cleanly install piping in its place will be damn near as much as many decent intakes that actually work.

OP -If you do not want the mind-numbing drone that will take place inside your brand new car when you are cruising around, then do not take this piece of advice. i have done this very same thing on my charger when it was new and regretted it as soon as i drove away from the exhaust shop.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
AFE "sounds meaner" under WOT as well.

·
Registered
822 Posts
the OP wants an intake that sounds aggressive, and you suggest removal of the resonators??? not to mention the cost to remove the resonators and cleanly install piping in its place will be damn near as much as many decent intakes that actually work.

OP -If you do not want the mind-numbing drone that will take place inside your brand new car when you are cruising around, then do not take this piece of advice. i have done this very same thing on my charger when it was new and regretted it as soon as i drove away from the exhaust shop.

Huh, what are you talking about? I am talking about the resonator in the stock intake system. I should have said silencer. Its 100% free so there is no cost to the OP. I never mentioned exhaust at all in my post. It will make it sound modestly more aggressive, nothing earth shattering but keep $400 in his wallet

There is no "drone" from this OP, in fact you might only notice it at WOT. Lots of guys do this and seem to like the results. I strongly suggest trying this to see if you like it before purchasing an intake.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I wasn't aware there was a silencer on the 11+ chargers?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
822 Posts
I could swear when I took mine out there was but it was so long ago now I could be mistaken. There have been a bunch of thread s on it as well. Even yesterday someone mentioned it for their 2014. I will go take a look at all my stock parts and see

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I could swear when I took mine out there was but it was so long ago now I could be mistaken. There have been a bunch of thread s on it as well. Even yesterday someone mentioned it for their 2014. I will go take a look at all my stock parts and see

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Damn shows how much I know! I know the manual challengers and the older chargers had that ugly silencer that stuck out on the left side of the intake tube.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
this ^^^^^^

Huh, what are you talking about? I am talking about the resonator in the stock intake system. I should have said silencer. Its 100% free so there is no cost to the OP. I never mentioned exhaust at all in my post. It will make it sound modestly more aggressive, nothing earth shattering but keep $400 in his wallet

There is no "drone" from this OP, in fact you might only notice it at WOT. Lots of guys do this and seem to like the results. I strongly suggest trying this to see if you like it before purchasing an intake.
is much different than this ^^^^^

resonators are in the exhaust. silencer, or snorkle, baffle, and whatever else people like to call it are in the OEM intake system. you are talking about two totally different things. your second post makes much more sense in regards to the point you are trying to make.

btw - not all intakes are 400 dollars.......;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts