Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the exception of one thing, I really love this car.

Whenever I am on the road it seems as if every car behind me wants to park in my trunk. I get people so close behind me I can't see their headlights. The only think I can think of is that they want to drive my car so bad they're hoping that they can get our cars to merge together and they'll find themselves in the driver's seat.

Well, either that or they're morons.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Whenever I am on the road it seems as if every car behind me wants to park in my trunk. I get people so close behind me I can't see their headlights. The only think I can think of is that they want to drive my car so bad they're hoping that they can get our cars to merge together and they'll find themselves in the driver's seat.

Going to go with.. Morons.

I always wonder what is going through the mind the morons when they tailgate a Sports Car which has large racing brakes in their Mini Van or Crappy SUV that takes a football field in distance to stop.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Drive faster or move over and let them pass you.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've also noticed that it seems other drivers tend to drive more, well, "aggressive" when I'm in the Charger than in my other vehicles. I've always noticed this tendency throughout my 25 years of driving Mustangs, too.
Seems a sporty car brings out the racy genes in some folks.

It can sometimes become tiring and annoying when you just want to be left alone. But we just have to get used to the added attention, or drive a different car.

On another note, however, I'm beginning to understand a little bit why you see a lotta Corvette drivers "poking" along. They know they can spank 99% of anything out there so what's to prove and they just wanna be left alone.
(When I finally get my Vette someday, I'll revisit the issue :rocker:)

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Yep it's people simply seeing a car that's known to be relatively fast and wanting to mess with it. Recently I've been heckled by tons of cars on both surface streets and the freeway.

When these situations arise I always speed up because I'm stupid. I've smoked several BMWs this month which has been hilarious. Damn near every jerk off driver that has messed with me and tried to "race" has always been someone in a BMW or Audi. I haven't lost yet...although I haven't come across anyone in a truly nice BMW/Audi that has the horsepower worth the large German price tag.

Another group of cars that always seem to want to be racers are those in Hyundais and Hondas...I come across one of those daily.

When you have a car that is dubbed "fast" you and others no it's fast, so no need to drive like a whack. Although I only consider my car quick. I am referring to Arnold Schwarzenegger's Ferrari metaphor:

"The better you get, the less you run around showing off as a muscle guy. You know, you wear regular shirts-not always trying to show off what you have. You talk less about it. It's like you have a little BMW - you want to race the hell out of this car, because you know it's just going 110. But if you see guys driving a ferrari or a lamborghini, they slide around at 60 on the freeway because they know if they press on that accelerator they are going to go 170. These things are the same in every field."
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts

People tailgate everything these days no matter what you drive. Then after you don't speed up to their preferred 20-30 MPH over the marked speed limit they eventually pass.

I love when 'morons' tailgate my unmarked Explorer Police Interceptor and then have the balls to pass me going 20-30 MPH over the speed limit after I was already driving at a fast speed. Their reaction when the lights go on is.... 'PRICELESS' :driving:

Yeah those all white cars with tinted windows and tiny lights in the front and rear bumpers and upper windows is a CLUE you don't wanna pass at retard speed.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I find a quick brake pedal mash to make them panic followed by a heavy throttle burst backs them off. Once they see how fast I can stop and how fast I can accelerate, they decide it's time to do something different with their day. ;)

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
^ I've found that usually just pisses them off, and then they want to "play."

If there is an open lane on my left that they should use to pass me, I like to very gently slow down and see when they suddenly realize we're doing about 50-ish on the highway. :shifty:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Slow down a little, then mash the skinny pedal and walk away from them

·
Registered
159 Posts
Got to say that you guys use my techniques too. I've done them all at various times. Along with passing side by side slow morons on the right shoulder at 80-90 mph (after a few miles of that crap). I've seen drivers in SC do more dumb things than anywhere else, but the chance an Ohio plate will be in and stay in the left lane no matter what exceeds 90%. Best drivers I've encountered are in rural TX, and believe it or not, CA.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
It's a magnet for cops! Every time I get stopped by the police it's for a BS stop. Geezz I'm not a kid in my 20's, I'm old enough to be their father. They go through there protocol and after the stop, It's have a nice day. With the GTO they stop me just to get a closer look at the car. Mmm?

Big John

·
Registered
318 Posts
Got to say that you guys use my techniques too. I've done them all at various times. Along with passing side by side slow morons on the right shoulder at 80-90 mph (after a few miles of that crap). I've seen drivers in SC do more dumb things than anywhere else, but the chance an Ohio plate will be in and stay in the left lane no matter what exceeds 90%. Best drivers I've encountered are in rural TX, and believe it or not, CA.
I live in CA. and we get a bad rap mostly from out of state people who are driving here and don't go the speed limit (80 on our freeways), yes the speed limit is 65 but that is only when there is CHP around.
Since we all go 80 anyway it is business as usual here. We don't like it when someone wants to swerve in and out of traffic and act like a idiot, that causes crashes, especially when the freeway is full and there is nowhere to go anyway.
On the actual topic here, the only thing I hate about my Charger is the wimpy horn, that will need to be changed. My ford edge, and Chevy truck both have louder horns.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I find a quick brake pedal mash to make them panic followed by a heavy throttle burst backs them off. Once they see how fast I can stop and how fast I can accelerate, they decide it's time to do something different with their day. ;)
I did that ones, the guy took out his cell phone and video taped me messing with him for about 3 miles... it was strange

·
Registered
202 Posts
I usually slam on my brakes are hard as I could. They I sue them for a bad neck, and bad back. You should see my back bumper, and my bank book.:banana:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts