Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Charger RT. And I must say as much as I have fallen in love with my car, until 2011 and up, there are really few mods for my generation charger. Currently, I have done a mid muffler delete, pro street 6000 mufflers where the resonators used to be (Dont get me started on that story but it sounds amazing lucky me cause the shop messed up), Daytona spoiler, Ventus Autoworks front splitter with support rods. Ive been looking into having short tube headers installed but I'm being quoted some high numbers and thought maybe there are other mods I'm missing or not seeing! So lets see what all you got going on your charger! Anything from lights to performance mods, I want to make sure I see it all :) !

·
Registered
8 Posts
2018 Scat Pack- Tazer, drop in filter, 180 thermostat and I'm looking into a throttle body now.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
For newer 5.7 guys. Get 392 take off exhaust manifolds which are mid length headers. Use their downpipes and cats too as they are high flow. Cat backs are whatever you like, personally I like the Solo system. Intakes are funny on our Dodges as the factory setup especially on the newer Chargers is really good but it can be better. AFE Momentum intake or Volant or Corsa are all good as the filter is in a sealed box that breathes air from outside the engine compartment. I have an AFE Momentum intake myself and my IAT's run about 6-10 degrees hotter then outside air so I'm happy. Also consider getting an active intake manifold off a 392 car, the difference is very noticeable! Some guys are seeing 60ft lb gains in torque and 20hp below 4800rpm. Above 4800 the gains aren't as big as they are down low but I've seen as much as 20ft lb and 10hp. But the gains under 4800 are impressive!
The stage 1 PCM isn't a bad mod but isn't as noticeable as it should be IMHO. But what it does is gives you a CPO number that gets added to your VIN by the dealership that if you later get a "real tune" they'll never know unless they look at the tune under a magnifying glass. Now if your engine goes I'd put your stage 1 PCM back in if you're going to try to get it covered under warranty! 3.06 rear also makes a big difference! Beyond this stuff a 270 grind Comp Cam and you're pushing 440 RWHP out of your 5.7! If that ain't enough slap on a supercharger. But beware of the 600hp threshold cause thats about the limit of a 5.7's rods. Beyond this all just drop in a 426 HEMI and call it a day.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have an AFE Momentum intake myself and my IAT's run about 6-10 degrees hotter then outside air so I'm happy.
I tend to watch the IAT in my ScatPack. With the factory intake, it is always around 10 degrees hotter than ambient while i am moving. Even now in the Southern summer

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Nothing. Completely stock with the exception of a drop in hellcat filter and body graphics. The graphics alone added 50hp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts