Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mods are listed below and I have a custom tune by Robert at SVS. It was running good, but now....not so much.

I had a problem 2 days ago where I smelled some burning and had a loss of power, which I found out was a loose power wire on my alternator. It was arching and melted the oute casing to the wire a little. I tightened the wire and everything seems better.

I did some runs before on my Gtech pro which showed 0-60 in 5.7 seconds. I was just going wide open from a standstill, no attempt at launching. It showed about 410 lbs of torque the last time.

I did some runs this morning and it is showing 212 HP, 384 lbs torque (2700 rpm), and 6.8 0-60 time.

Could it be my adaptives, or maybe the alternator and/or wire? I am at a loss. It feels like it is running well and I don't experience any loss of electrical power (ie. dimming lights or anything).

Someone help.

·
Registered
528 Posts
what does your but dyno tell you. could just be the divice is wrong an nothing to do with the car.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
your adaptives are never going to rob you of power. they arent going to reduce the output of the vehicle.

millions of issues could have happened.
change in temp
change in tire temp
different places you ran, although may seem straight and level to you may actually be slightly uphill or downhill planes

its not wierd for a gtech to be off occaisionally.
i've gotten readings in my old neon everywhere from 300-600 hp. You have to take the odd readings and throw them out and just average what you normally run.
For instance my car was lower 300's hp/lb however if i clutch dumped (aka never let off the throttle while shifting and staying at 100% through all gears) i could easily get readings up in the 600's because of the surge in the car but it obviously was inaccurate.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the problem is that I can feel the difference. I can not even break tire traction, and I have the traction control completely off. (through the mod).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Maybe the ECU or TCM has been damaged? Maybe? Take it to the dealer have them put the Star Scan on it..... P.S. Don't tell them you have a Cam.. To have it scanned is $100.00

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I pulled the fuses and also reset the adaptives through my predator. I also reloaded my custom tune. That seemed to help. I have my power back. I can not seem to get past 5.7 second 0-60 though, but that may be because it is 100 degrees out here. Not sure how much power that takes away, I will have to see when the cooler weather gets here. Still thought I should be doing a little better than that with the mods I have, though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well, I pulled the fuses and also reset the adaptives through my predator. I also reloaded my custom tune. That seemed to help. I have my power back. I can not seem to get past 5.7 second 0-60 though, but that may be because it is 100 degrees out here. Not sure how much power that takes away, I will have to see when the cooler weather gets here. Still thought I should be doing a little better than that with the mods I have, though.
Ya I did a 5.3 bone stock.... In 60 deg weather......

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
have you considered the problem to be living in the desert during the summer?

my car is stupid slow right now in houston heat.

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
It's the heat killing you dude. When the winter hits here in Chicago it feels like I put heads on the car. When the summer comes it feels like I have my stock cam back in... 60-70 degrees is a nice temp. If you really want to break 5.7 wait until night when it gets cool and go play around.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Did you replace that fried wire to the alt.? If not, do that first!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, maybe it is just the heat. One thing though...that 100 degrees: that WAS at night. lol. It does not cool off at night around here.

I did not replace the wire on my alternator, it seems to be fine. I don't see any exposed wire or anyting, and it feels like it is running o.k.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Have to wait for January then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts