Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the doo-dads that the Charger has, am I missing something? Why do I have to use my fingers to pry the gas cover open? Seems to me that over time you risk the chance of scratching the paint.

Comments?

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Some of use don't like touching our paint. We're freaks. :monster:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah, every time I fill up I grab the nozzle and then look at my gas cover, I try and Jedi mind trick it open then give up and tap it on the left side. At least I am glad that I read a thread where you can hang the cap away from the paint with that little hook.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok pushing on the opposite side helps... some. But as a14umbra said, some of us just don't want to touch the paint. At the very least, only when necessary. Guess they had different engineers designing the trunk vs the gas door.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Ron Mexico said:
Yeah, every time I fill up I grab the nozzle and then look at my gas cover, I try and Jedi mind trick it open then give up and tap it on the left side. At least I am glad that I read a thread where you can hang the cap away from the paint with that little hook.

Let me know when you get that mind trick figured out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I guess I sounded a little sarcastic... but I am serious, I look at the cover and really don't want to touch it either!!

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Sarcastic or not, it was funny!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well, sometimes the Jedi mind trick works... like wave your two fingers and say "this isn't the Dodge Charger you want to give a ticket to..."

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ron Mexico said:
Well, sometimes the Jedi mind trick works... like wave your two fingers and say "this isn't the Dodge Charger you want to give a ticket to..."
OK Just peed my pants... That was too funny because I got a vivid picture of the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons in a Charger saying that line... Play that one in your head and you too will have the wet pants issue... :laugh:

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Wow! Maybe I can use that to justify the $89 with my wife!

·
Registered
384 Posts
do your gas stations not have the towel dispencers right next to the windshield cleaner squigie? thats what I would use, or carry my own towels in the car. but I have a daytona comming so I will be able to just push the decal - no prints!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ron Mexico said:
You mean this doesn't work for you Light side users? Will this finally be what it takes to seduce all to the Dark side of the force? Boy, if I knew this before the whole prune face thing hit. The next thing you'll say is that the attendant doesn't give a price break on the gas because you graced his gas station with a charger. sheeeeesh!!!!!! :goth:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I also usually grab a paper towel or my handkerchief (especially if I just had it cleaned) before lightly pressing on the left side..no problems yet....

and Ron, to be uber geek, the entire passage is, " You do not need to see his identification. This isn't the Dodge Charger you want to give a ticket to. He can go about his business. Move along." :nerd:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i use my index knuckle......it doesn't leave finger prints....lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts