Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2010 charger rt it already has a stock exhaust with flowmaster 44s on it but I plan on changing that up, wondering if it would be better to do a 2.5 in or a 3in exhaust?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I don't know what your goal is, whether the flowmasters are too loud, too quiet, too rusty, or whatever. But unless you're going with other engine mods, I don't think I'd go with a 3" exhaust. On a stock 5.7, you'd be changing your exhaust velocity to the point where it begin to shift your powerband. You might gain a little at the top end, but you'd likely take a hit at the low end, where you really need it on a two-ton Charger with a 5-speed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what your goal is, whether the flowmasters are too loud, too quiet, too rusty, or whatever. But unless you're going with other engine mods, I don't think I'd go with a 3" exhaust. On a stock 5.7, you'd be changing your exhaust velocity to the point where it begin to would shift your powerband. You might gain a little at the top end, but you'd likely take a hit at the low end, where you really need it on a two-ton Charger with a 5-speed.
Ok thank you!

·
Registered
149 Posts
2.5” is good for the RT. I saw today that the corsa systems for the hellcat are only 2.75”

1 - 5 of 5 Posts