Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to race my car at 1/4mile I have some 22s on my charger it made 17.01 sec on 1/4mile it doesnt have anything in the engine of mods if I add some jba headers, stage 2 chip , exhaust system and cai. About how much will it improve or what more can I add to make it go on 15sec on 1/4mile remeber that Im riding on some 22s.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I went to race my car at 1/4mile I have some 22s on my charger it made 17.01 sec on 1/4mile it doesnt have anything in the engine of mods if I add some jba headers, stage 2 chip , exhaust system and cai. About how much will it improve or what more can I add to make it go on 15sec on 1/4mile remeber that Im riding on some 22s.
Even with a supercharger not sure if you can hit 15.0 seconds in the quarter.
3.5L modded with headers, stage 2 chip, cai and exhaust is 15.5 seconds.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Take your 22s off and put your stocks back on that will help.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
ASM had nnitrous on his mag and got into the high 14s I believe.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even with a supercharger not sure if you can hit 15.0 seconds in the quarter.
3.5L modded with headers, stage 2 chip, cai and exhaust is 15.5 seconds.
are you shure of the 15.5 cause I dont want to spend 1000 dolars on some thing that will make some 16 remember I have 22s

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
are you shure of the 15.5 cause I dont want to spend 1000 dolars on some thing that will make some 16 remember I have 22s
honestly, you should really decide.

looks

or

performance.

simple as that.

the first thing an old school guy taught me before i started tearing into the sport compact world.

make the decision whether you wanna do a show car or a performance car. show cars are usually heavier, less power, and rarely see track time.

track cars are avg to way lighter than stock, faster, and can handle.

thing is, you put 22's on a car that comes with 17 or 18's stock. the wheels are heavy as all get out. lets be realistic here. you will rarely see a race car with 22's. or atleast one that does well.

also the parts you are speaking of are mostly boltons..... its gonna take a good deal of work, to get back to the speeds you ran at stock with heavy wheels, and the audio you were talking about getting in the other post.

think of your car like this, brah.... if you had to sprint through the desert. are you gonna strap on an extra 100lbs in gold chains, fur coats, and cashmere undies, or try to be as light as possible?

sure you can do both....have alot of stuff on your car that slows you down, and add alot of power adders. but its gonna cost....having your cake and eating it too, you usually pay the premium at some point.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeha short off adding a ton of money for all kinds of performance parts the biggest benefit will be to take off the 22's when you race. I would do the headers, exhaust, intake and chip...then when you race put your stocks back on!!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Why?

Just curious.
so he doesn't feel as bad for buyin a 3.5? i just wanna beat one so I can slap a 3.5 badge on my car and feel like the underdog

·
Registered
83 Posts
where can I get the supercharger I just want to beat a charger rt.
If you really want to spend that kind of money, why don't you just trade up to an rt.... you already got 22s and bolt-ons.... sxt plus all that cash for bolt-ons, 22s, and a supercharger, you are into rt money..... If you're looking for performance, I'd just ditch the 3.5 and trade up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts