Charger Forums banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Man that was my number 1 issue in trying to find a used R/T.... hard to find a good one with decent options that doesn't have a sunroof! I lucked out finding my 2006 back in 2011. This time around it took me a year to find a suitable replacement. You lose like 1.7 inches in headroom with the sunroof and honestly for a bigger car the Charger doesn't have a ton of headroom to start with!

My head is right at the roof if I sit up straight as it is, really could not have the sun roof or I'd go insane.
Yep, that's why I special ordered my scatpack so that I could get one without a sunroof. And most of the ones I saw on lots were also configured with the beats audio system which I have no use for.

Best,

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yep, that's why I special ordered my scatpack so that I could get one without a sunroof. And most of the ones I saw on lots were also configured with the beats audio system which I have no use for.

Best,
Wish I had the "first world problem" of being too tall for a sunroof. Unfortunately, I've never found headroom to be an issue in any car I've driven or ridden in. 😔

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Lifters are suppose to make the system work up to a zero-lash deal aka no noise.
Right but with zero lash everything has to be right or you can't adjust out the slop, like with a bent or short pushrod. The new pushrods he put in were a little longer and no more tick.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
I ordered from the factory and the fit and finish on the exterior of my car is flawless. My only complaint is the cheap plastic interior. I’m only at 7K and everything is good after chasing down a noise under the driver’s seat that was resolved with some spray silicone. For the amount of power we get in these cars for the price, I guess we have to sacrifice something.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't like that when I started having issues with the HID headlights it cost me $700 before they were fixed correctly. I also don't like that my now outdated GPS is affected by the rollover issue that makes the date 20 years off and the only fix is to replace it with a newer unit. It should have never happened and they should have offered an update. This was a known issue well before this car was ever built.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I went to the WeatherTech store & looked & touched their mats. Yes they are a hard plastic rubber material, which makes them look like hard plastic. Makes me think of something that would be used in a 4x4 off road vehicle.
That's my opinion of them too. They look like they're something for a truck or farm vehicle.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I don't like that when I started having issues with the HID headlights it cost me $700 before they were fixed correctly. I also don't like that my now outdated GPS is affected by the rollover issue that makes the date 20 years off and the only fix is to replace it with a newer unit. It should have never happened and they should have offered an update. This was a known issue well before this car was ever built.
What issue did you have with the HID headlamps that cost you $700?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
When I had one, I loved everything about it except one thing- missing two cylinders. I truly believe if I'd just sprung for the V8 when I was in the market, I'd still have the car today. I loved everything else about it- the way it rode, the way it looked, the road presence it had- cars would move out of my way when I came up behind them (really miss that). I mean sure, it was a SXT and as I've gotten older, I find I like the creature comforts more than I did then but as far as cars went, but it is one of the favorites that I've ever had the pleasure of driving.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Still getting used to the controls and Uconnect. But one thing that seems strange to me is that I can't use the memory seat function while driving - only in Park? Only a "dislike" because I tend to move/tilt the seat back before exiting/entering so I don't rub across the bolsters or steering wheel, and need to adjust the seat before driving. Sometimes I like to do this while moving, but before exiting the parking lot. However, in the Charger, if I forget to do it before I get out of Park, I'm stuck having to adjust the seat manually. I guess in that same vein, it would've been great if the car had an easy entry/exit feature where the steering wheel moves up and seats move back when you turn the car off?

Also, maybe more a quirk than a dislike, but the auto lock feature that locks the doors after driving seems a bit inconsistent? One time it took several minutes to lock the doors, and other times it happened much sooner. Is this based on speed or something? Otherwise it seems a bit odd.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Still getting used to the controls and Uconnect. But one thing that seems strange to me is that I can't use the memory seat function while driving - only in Park? Only a "dislike" because I tend to move/tilt the seat back before exiting/entering so I don't rub across the bolsters or steering wheel, and need to adjust the seat before driving. Sometimes I like to do this while moving, but before exiting the parking lot. However, in the Charger, if I forget to do it before I get out of Park, I'm stuck having to adjust the seat manually. I guess in that same vein, it would've been great if the car had an easy entry/exit feature where the steering wheel moves up and seats move back when you turn the car off?

Also, maybe more a quirk than a dislike, but the auto lock feature that locks the doors after driving seems a bit inconsistent? One time it took several minutes to lock the doors, and other times it happened much sooner. Is this based on speed or something? Otherwise it seems a bit odd.
They actually do have that setting for "easy exit"... let me look up the correct terminology but go into UConnect and you will find it. Moves the seat back (and it might pop the wheel up and in too) when you shift to park. You can adjust it on or off. EDIT I looked it up guess it doesn't pop the steering wheel up like some cars:

From the 2019 Manual:

Easy Entry/Exit Seat

This feature provides automatic driver seat positioning to enhance driver mobility when entering and exiting the vehicle. The distance the driver seat moves depends on where you have the driver seat positioned when you cycle the vehicle’s ignition to the OFF position.

• When you cycle the vehicle’s ignition to the OFF position, the driver seat will move about 2.4 inches (60 mm) rearward if the driver seat position is greater than or equal to 2.7 inches (67.7 mm) forward of the rear stop. The seat will return to its previously set position when you cycle the vehicle’s ignition to the ACC or RUN position.

• The Easy Entry/Easy Exit feature is disabled when the driver seat position is less than 0.9 of an inch (22.7 mm) forward of the rear stop. At this position, there is no benefit to the driver by moving the seat for Easy Exit or Easy Entry

Each stored memory setting will have an associated Easy Entry and Easy Exit position.

NOTE: The Easy Entry/Exit feature is not enabled when the vehicle is delivered from the factory. The Easy Entry/ Exit feature is enabled (or later disabled) through the programmable features in the Uconnect system. Refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia”.

Here it is from Uconnect Settings:

Key Off Options After pressing the “Key Off Options” button on the touchscreen, the following settings will be available:

Setting Name
Selectable Options

Easy Exit Seat — If Equipped On Off NOTE: When the “Easy Exit Seat” feature is selected, the driver’s seat will automatically move rearward once the engine is shut off.

·
Registered
697 Posts

I agree with you on the doors... manual says 15 mph but sometimes it locks much later randomly. I feel like sometimes it won't lock until 25 when I get out of my neighborhood.

Automatic Door Locks — If Equipped The auto door lock feature default condition is enabled. When enabled, the door locks will lock automatically when the vehicle’s speed exceeds 15 mph (24 km/h). The auto door lock feature can be enabled or disabled by an authorized dealer per written request of the customer. Please see an authorized dealer for service.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had my '19 r/t blacktop for a year now and as awesome as it is I would say the rear shelf rattle with moderate to high base is annoying. Dodge engineering did request the vehicle and I obliged. Of course they made it a lot worse and I have it rigged to quiet it down while they're supposedly working on a fix.
Both my window/lock switches rattled and I fixed that w/ little effort and material. My alcantara seat is very uncomfortable but all in all it's a very, very awesome car! Kudos to Dodge!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have a '19 R/T w/ blacktop pkg. and sunroof and fit just right at 6'5". Another inch though, hmmmmm.....
Man I don't know how you do it... you lose like 1.7 inches. I'm 6 foot 7 and even without the sunroof things are tight, with the sunroof it is a total deal breaker.

Maybe you have short torso/longer legs or recline your seat more than I do too!

·
Registered
824 Posts
I agree with you on the doors... manual says 15 mph but sometimes it locks much later randomly. I feel like sometimes it won't lock until 25 when I get out of my neighborhood.
Somewhere on the forum it was mentioned that the door locking was somewhat dependent on how hard the car was accelerating, & I found this to be true. If I slowly ease up to 25mph for example, the doors don't lock. But then I step on the gas a bit & they instantly lock.

·
Registered
46 Posts
There's a disproportionate amount of tall people on these forums. (I've always felt).....I'm 6'0 and have always felt short on these forums

Anyways I miss being able to squeeze into tight parking spots. No AWD also means this car turns into a big toboggan during winter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
They actually do have that setting for "easy exit"... let me look up the correct terminology but go into UConnect and you will find it. Moves the seat back (and it might pop the wheel up and in too) when you shift to park. You can adjust it on or off. EDIT I looked it up guess it doesn't pop the steering wheel up like some cars:

From the 2019 Manual:

Easy Entry/Exit Seat

This feature provides automatic driver seat positioning to enhance driver mobility when entering and exiting the vehicle. The distance the driver seat moves depends on where you have the driver seat positioned when you cycle the vehicle’s ignition to the OFF position.

• When you cycle the vehicle’s ignition to the OFF position, the driver seat will move about 2.4 inches (60 mm) rearward if the driver seat position is greater than or equal to 2.7 inches (67.7 mm) forward of the rear stop. The seat will return to its previously set position when you cycle the vehicle’s ignition to the ACC or RUN position.

• The Easy Entry/Easy Exit feature is disabled when the driver seat position is less than 0.9 of an inch (22.7 mm) forward of the rear stop. At this position, there is no benefit to the driver by moving the seat for Easy Exit or Easy Entry

Each stored memory setting will have an associated Easy Entry and Easy Exit position.

NOTE: The Easy Entry/Exit feature is not enabled when the vehicle is delivered from the factory. The Easy Entry/ Exit feature is enabled (or later disabled) through the programmable features in the Uconnect system. Refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia”.

Here it is from Uconnect Settings:

Key Off Options After pressing the “Key Off Options” button on the touchscreen, the following settings will be available:

Setting Name
Selectable Options

Easy Exit Seat — If Equipped On Off NOTE: When the “Easy Exit Seat” feature is selected, the driver’s seat will automatically move rearward once the engine is shut off.
Woah! This is awesome - going to try it out right now!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Somewhere on the forum it was mentioned that the door locking was somewhat dependent on how hard the car was accelerating, & I found this to be true. If I slowly ease up to 25mph for example, the doors don't lock. But then I step on the gas a bit & they instantly lock.
I got that sense too - that it almost depended on acceleration rather than speed. However, what's the logic behind programming it that way? Every other car I've been in that has had this feature seemed to have been based on time, i.e. doors would lock within 20 seconds or something.

·
Registered
697 Posts
That makes perfect sense because I get past 15 to 25 around my neighborhood but I'm just cruising. A lot of times they don't lock until I accelerate onto a larger road.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts