Charger Forums banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

Registered
Sun roof. I鈥檓 too tall! 馃憥馃徎

Registered
I usually just go for the OEM all weather mats but it doesn鈥檛 look like Dodge makes any for the Charger? I鈥檝e always seen the weather tech ads in car magazines and wondered about the quality and whether (pun unintended) it was worth the cost. Seems like in your opinion it is? I assume the fit is close to OEM as well?
The fit is perfect. They look like they came from the factory.

Best,

Reactions: kyoung05

Registered
The fit is perfect. They look like they came from the factory.

Best,
I agree. I've had the WT mats before, and actually have a set for the Miata, but this time decided to go with the "cheap knockoffs", (Husky?) for the Charger. The Huskys sitting side by side in the garage next to the WTs you would not be able to tell them apart.

Registered
My 2007 Dodge Charger R/T's gas consumptions sucks.
haha I find myself getting about 12mpg lately in my STI - mostly due to the fact that my 鈥渃ommute鈥 is driving about 1mile each way to and from daycare and my son likes to 鈥済o fast.鈥 So, I can鈥檛 imagine the Charger will be worse. If anything, I鈥檓 thinking that it could be a lot better since I won鈥檛 have to floor it and rev it out waiting for the turbo to spool up before the torque comes on. So, maybe the fact that the 6.4l V8 is going to be better on gas than my 2.5l 4cyl makes this a responsible purchase?

Registered
I agree. I've had the WT mats before, and actually have a set for the Miata, but this time decided to go with the "cheap knockoffs", (Husky?) for the Charger. The Huskys sitting side by side in the garage next to the WTs you would not be able to tell them apart.
So you鈥檙e saying the weather tech fit isn鈥檛 any better than the knock offs? Any other benefits for the higher price then?

Registered
WeatherTech is nice for the winter, but I don't like the look. They're also extremely overpriced. You can get ones that are nearly identical for less than half the price. WeatherTech is also branching off now using their name to make all sorts of junk. That cup holder phone holder is atrocious.

Registered
I went with the 3D MAXpider floor mats. They鈥檙e quite nice.

Registered
So you鈥檙e saying the weather tech fit isn鈥檛 any better than the knock offs? Any other benefits for the higher price then?
I'm saying that both are very good at what they are supposed to do. Fit well and protect the interior. The Husky mat was a little cheaper, but not by much.

Registered
I was going to get WeatherTech but my wife & I didn't like the hard plastic look of them so am still using the factory mats. I have seen comments where people have issues with water or snow melting & dripping from either shoe & getting under the aftermarket mats & making a mess of the real carpet. I was trying to find a fitted carpeted mat that goes under the gas pedal & also covers the left foot rest/dead pedal but so far haven't found any, at least not for a Charger.

Registered
Weather tech doesn鈥檛 look that plastic in person. They鈥檙e a hard plastic rubber material.

Registered
I went to the WeatherTech store & looked & touched their mats. Yes they are a hard plastic rubber material, which makes them look like hard plastic. Makes me think of something that would be used in a 4x4 off road vehicle.

Registered
I have the Weathertech Mats in my Charger and they are fantastic. We have a set of Maxpider Kagu mats in her Rallye and they are also very good (not as "industrial" as the Weathertech)

Attachments

Registered
We had a set of Husky liners in our Chrysler 200-- they constantly curled up and let all kind of grunge get in the carpet..they went in the trash last week and were replaced by Maxpider Kagu mats as my wife has had very good luck with the set in her Rallye. I have the Weathertech in my car and they are at 1000 times better than the Husky mats.

Registered
Anyone else notice this with your charger or challenger? I will sit in car at night , car started, with the lights off/marker lights all turned off. The damn center screen between the speedo doesn't dim. The main 8.4 u connect dims but the smaller one won't. Totally BLINDing at night. What the hell FCA. My only complaint unless some knows a fix for this. I went thru all the settings.

Btw this is on my 2020 wb charger scat. Noticed some with my 19 scat charger and 16 challenger.

Registered
I usually just go for the OEM all weather mats but it doesn鈥檛 look like Dodge makes any for the Charger? I鈥檝e always seen the weather tech ads in car magazines and wondered about the quality and whether (pun unintended) it was worth the cost. Seems like in your opinion it is? I assume the fit is close to OEM as well?
I just bought these about a month ago for my new to me Charger. I had these in my previous car and loved them.

In response to this thread, no real complaints about my car besides the "damage" that was done under the previous owner. Only has 7K miles, but there are some scuffs in the interior (such as where the seat belt buckle was dragged against the center console plastic), and the door threshold plastic pieces. I've already looked into replacing those parts because that how OCD I am, but those plastic panels are not cheap.

Also, looks like the dealer (or some other shop) techs rammed the torque gun into the wheels and lug nuts. There's small knicks and paint chips on my wheels from whoever worked on them. How uncoordinated do you have to be to completely miss the lug and chip the METAL off of a wheel? Full speed ahead! I've looked in to having the wheels refinished, but I've heard hyper black is hard to match.

Registered
What do I hate? In my Pursuit, the suspension. Like riding across the prairie in a covered wagon. Great handling though.

Greg

Registered
Learning to not let the tick invade my ability to enjoy my car because doing lifters suck.
Guy had a tick on other board and did the pushrods where he found some of the OEM ones were bent, anyway new pushrods and now no more tick. It's like it is just slop in the valvetrain and with the non-adjustable lifters no way to adjust it out except by pushrod length.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Registered
Sun roof. I鈥檓 too tall! 馃憥馃徎
Man that was my number 1 issue in trying to find a used R/T.... hard to find a good one with decent options that doesn't have a sunroof! I lucked out finding my 2006 back in 2011. This time around it took me a year to find a suitable replacement. You lose like 1.7 inches in headroom with the sunroof and honestly for a bigger car the Charger doesn't have a ton of headroom to start with!

My head is right at the roof if I sit up straight as it is, really could not have the sun roof or I'd go insane.

Registered
Guy had a tick on other board and did the pushrods where he found some of the OEM ones were bent, anyway new pushrods and now no more tick. It's like it is just slop in the valve train and with the non-adjustable lifters no way to adjust it out except by pushrod length.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Lifters are suppose to make the system work up to a zero-lash deal aka no noise.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts