Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love 98% of my 2020 Charger Scat Pack
Only thing I found so far is the Headlights I am so use to LED lights
First drive I thought the light had the power of candles.
Today I installed a set of Sylvania ZXE bulbs hopefully it will give me a little more light.
Wish dodge had a LED headlight option ?????

·
Registered
821 Posts
Learning to not let the tick invade my ability to enjoy my car because doing lifters suck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I love 98% of my 2020 Charger Scat Pack
Only thing I found so far is the Headlights I am so use to LED lights
First drive I thought the light had the power of candles.
Today I installed a set of Sylvania ZXE bulbs hopefully it will give me a little more light.
Wish dodge had a LED headlight option ?????
I have a 2019 Charger Scat Pack plus with the HID’s. I feel your pain with the halogens. My 2016 Ram truck with projector halogen headlights sucked! My LED flashlight was brighter than these lights. I changed them over to HID’s and Morimoto LED fogs.
Love everything about my Charger except (to me anyways) the plastic in the interior feel kind of cheap. Scratches easily imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wife got Halogen's Projectors in her 2019 Charger, I have HID's in my Durango, I don't see where wither suck and need to be upgraded to something better.
People who feel that way must drive in some very dark conditions. Both our cars light up the road just fine.

My future Scat pack will have whatever comes with the package I end up with which I'm in the middle of deciding my build. I believe my built will have HID's but if I end up with Halogen's, I'll be perfectly fine with it.
Actually I'll be more then fine especially the replacement cost of the HID bulb's, they tend to be a bit pricey especially compared to he Halogens.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Revisit this thread in 6 months and update what is not liked. It usually takes a few months to get the feel for all the quirks.

I was like the three bears. It was too hot or too cold in the cabin when the climate control would randomly decide it wasn't going to play. Push the temp to 75 and . . . . wait and wait. Damn it, push it all the way up as hot as it would go, or all the way to cold to get the cabin temp heading in the right direction.

Multifunction radio failed causing the screen to go blank . . . as well as all the functions the touch screen controls. It was replaced.

Left front suspension clunk was tracked down to a bad strut mount. After they removed one suspension component at a time per FCA warranty repair guidelines, only to start back over replacing components when the noise was still present.

Loved it when everything went right. Hated it when it crapped out. It was a love hate relationship for 13 months I owned it. The car sold 4 days after I traded it in and soon after the new owner drove it to the dealership for service with severe hail damage to the body. The car is cursed. Other owners are blessed with better Chargers.

Stay on top of your servicing requirements and do not wait to take it to the dealership for repair if something craps out.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
The wife's Charger is a Rallye with "sport" suspension and it rides like schidt on our less than stellar city roads (it is fine on the interstate though).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wife got Halogen's Projectors in her 2019 Charger, I have HID's in my Durango, I don't see where wither suck and need to be upgraded to something better.
People who feel that way must drive in some very dark conditions. Both our cars light up the road just fine.

My future Scat pack will have whatever comes with the package I end up with which I'm in the middle of deciding my build. I believe my built will have HID's but if I end up with Halogen's, I'll be perfectly fine with it.
Actually I'll be more then fine especially the replacement cost of the HID bulb's, they tend to be a bit pricey especially compared to he Halogens.
I guess I am just spoiled by the quality of the lightning by have a AMG Merc and the wife’s SQ5.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I was OK with the interior until my interior door trim started to peel up. It isn't as nice inside as my old A8L or even my A6, but it also didn't cost nearly as much. There was also a premature water pump failure at just over 20k miles that was repaired under warranty. Those two nits have really been the only troublesome aspects of the car after 3.5 years of ownership and about 28k miles. I like the way it rides and it was my daily driver commute transport until the virus hysteria hit. The creature comforts (how did I survive without adaptive cruise control all these years....heh) along with almost 500hp of grunt has been a great combo. Oh, and it does use a bit of gas. :)

Best,

·
Registered
2020 Charger SXT Plus AWD - Frostbite/Black
58 Posts
For those who are disappointed with the quality of the interior materials, the 2019 and forward Plus Package's "Premium-stitched" upper dash and door panels makes a huge difference. My interior is noticeably nicer than my son's 2018 Challenger R/T Plus.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For those who are disappointed with the quality of the interior materials, the 2019 and forward Plus Package's "Premium-stitched" upper dash and door panels makes a huge difference. My interior is noticeably nicer than my son's 2018 Challenger R/T Plus.
Agree it is a lot nicer but the plastic still scratches easily but the rest of the interior is great!

2019 R/T Charger Scat Pack Plus

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Having worked for a Plymouth dealer from 69-71 they have come a long way with the cars and the interiors

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
For me, the radio/nav/uconnect problems folks have had, along with the door panel/interior warping thing. Neither should be a factor for a car in this price class. Mine spends a lot of time in the garage under a cover unless the weather is nice, so my interior still looks pretty good. Overall, I am more pleased than not.

Don

·
Registered
418 Posts
Honestly, I can't find anything to complain about with my Charger. But I've only had it since December 2018 and haven't really put that many miles on it yet. (Coming up on twelve thousand miles on it now) I kinda wish the floor mats were of a higher quality, but they are still better than the floor mats in either of the Mazdas' in the fleet.

Guess I'm just lucky?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Having worked for a Plymouth dealer from 69-71 they have come a long way with the cars and the interiors
I Agree and disagree.

There is some improvement without doubt, but look at the number of defunct car companies and the international mergers taking place to remain solvent.

Interiors are nicer. But nice is one thing. Robustness is another and in IMHO they are not as they should be given the age so many owners of Dodge, Ford and many imports have with interior trim warping, coming unpeeled, or outgassing so bad you think a chain smoker has been driving your car because the windows are so hazed over.

In fact the LA LA State puts Proposition 65 Warning Stickers on automobiles, which some dealers remove before customers take delivery. I doubt its the outgassing in the upholstery, but it would make sense giving they must think people sniff gas out of their gas tank, eat lead from their car batteries and take a lick off their dip stick, or use the car battery to make meth.

I bet you wish you had 1 or 2 of those 69 -71 classics now. I miss them. Those were the days,

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I Agree and disagree.

There is some improvement without doubt, but look at the number of defunct car companies and the international mergers taking place to remain solvent.

Interiors are nicer. But nice is one thing. Robustness is another and in IMHO they are not as they should be given the age so many owners of Dodge, Ford and many imports have with interior trim warping, coming unpeeled, or outgassing so bad you think a chain smoker has been driving your car because the windows are so hazed over.

In fact the LA LA State puts Proposition 65 Warning Stickers on automobiles, which some dealers remove before customers take delivery. I doubt its the outgassing in the upholstery, but it would make sense giving they must think people sniff gas out of their gas tank, eat lead from their car batteries and take a lick off their dip stick, or use the car battery to make meth.

I bet you wish you had 1 or 2 of those 69 -71 classics now. I miss them. Those were the days,
Hemi Cuda 4 Speed was my Favorite
AAR Cuda was my second
Being the lot jockeo I drove whatever I wanted except the AAR we only got 3 of them
Was nice having my own dealer plates and could drive whatever I wanted to do errands for the owner 😱

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Honestly, I can't find anything to complain about with my Charger. But I've only had it since December 2018 and haven't really put that many miles on it yet. (Coming up on twelve thousand miles on it now) I kinda wish the floor mats were of a higher quality, but they are still better than the floor mats in either of the Mazdas' in the fleet.

Guess I'm just lucky?
The very first thing I bought for my car (within a week of delivery) was a set of Weathertech matts and trunk liner. I buy them for EVERY vehicle I own now. They're THAT good.

Best,

Reactions: krautmaster

·
Registered
418 Posts
The very first thing I bought for my car (within a week of delivery) was a set of Weathertech matts and trunk liner. I buy them for EVERY vehicle I own now. They're THAT good.

Best,

Oh yeah, I did buy some winter mats like the Weathertech mats, but only run those in the winter. I'm talking about some quality summer mats. I bought some for the Miata that are 100 times better than the carpet mats that came with it, but that car also has a set of winter mats too.

And I would have to agree with you about the quality of those mats. I had a set in the Escape when I sold it.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Best,
I usually just go for the OEM all weather mats but it doesn’t look like Dodge makes any for the Charger? I’ve always seen the weather tech ads in car magazines and wondered about the quality and whether (pun unintended) it was worth the cost. Seems like in your opinion it is? I assume the fit is close to OEM as well?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts