1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine is a full spare and tire, plain black rim obviously.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Its not a full sized rim and tire, its a typical temporary spare/donut. A full sized rim/tire would not fit in there. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I thought it was deleted on the SRT8 since they had EMT tires? No need for spare unless you really tore up the tire.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
MoparNH, he's talking about the 07 Daytonas, which have, I believe, a 20 inch wheel. Hmm. I'll take a look at the Plum Crazy on my dealers lot.

Binster, no, SRTs do not have run-flats, we get a compressor and a can of goop.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I thought it was deleted on the SRT8 since they had EMT tires? No need for spare unless you really tore up the tire.
SRT8's do not have EMT tires. They come with an air compressor and some tire goo in case you get a flat. Here is a picture of a spare from a R/T mounted on the back of my SRT.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
SRT8's do not have EMT tires. They come with an air compressor and some tire goo in case you get a flat. Here is a picture of a spare from a R/T mounted on the back of my SRT.

BEST MOD EVER!!!! I was thinking about putting a full size spare in the back, but it won't fit

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yes - my 2007 Sublime Daytona (bought in January) has a 'compact' spare.

The 2007 Daytonas (Sublime and Plum Crazy) come with 20" 'chrome-clad' (i.e. chrome-plated plastic insert) [in a] cast rims on all 4 tires, but only has a compact spare tire on a typical stamped-steel, painted black rim (as shown a couple in MoparNightHawk's post). The compact spare requires a higher air pressure to support the car (which - I might add - was not specified in the owner's manual :( ).

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
But what diameter is it? Meaning is it a 20 inch spare?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I was pretty sure that folks had tried to mount a R/T spare onto an SRT with no luck, because of the Brembos. But I see mojo did it above, so I'm not sure... anyone clarify this? They'll fit on back, and not on front, maybe?

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I will measure mine when I get home. Took the spare out, couldn't get back in

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Okay, I looked at one in the trunk of a Plum Crazy yesterday. 18 inches wheel sixe, I think the tire size was 140/80/18.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
damn you guys got screwed. i got a 20 inch giovanna elite for a spare on mine. ;-( not really

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Could these spares support 1/4 mile trap speeds?!!!! ****...could save a few pounds no?!? :knockout: :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
110? Not reated for that, I'm pretty sure, not to mention that traction jussssssssssst miiiiiiiiiiight be a teensy problem:)

·
Registered
885 Posts
They come with 18 inch donuts and you cannot get a full size spare in there...I have one. Picked up a rim as a dealer takeoff for 25 bucks and mounted a 5th tire to rotate through and carry on trips when I might need a REAL spare. Especially since I always drive overnight, late at night, many hundreds of miles at a time. The issue is not with the diameter of the full size tire - it's the width. There is a lip/pinch weld sticking out on top, and the wall of the wheel well does not provide enough room in the wheel well to slip the tire in at an angle like you have to. There was some discussion about it on the 300c forums about it and hammering out the wall, but someone said there was something on the other side to prevent this. Have not gone and looked into it, but I still plan to hammer down the pinch weld/lip thing and hammer out the wall to see if I can get it in there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts