Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sublime Green Daytona charger and I really want that "glow" look to it. I do not have a buffer, so im looking for some suggestions on what I can use to have the paint glow to its maximum and feel extremely slick by hand. When I say glow, I dont mean reflect like a mirror, although i want that too.....i mean the paint has the potential to have a neon lemon yellow green look to it but Ive only seen my car do that once, and I forgot what product was used. Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a Sublime Green Daytona charger and I really want that "glow" look to it. I do not have a buffer, so im looking for some suggestions on what I can use to have the paint glow to its maximum and feel extremely slick by hand. When I say glow, I dont mean reflect like a mirror, although i want that too.....i mean the paint has the potential to have a neon lemon yellow green look to it but Ive only seen my car do that once, and I forgot what product was used. Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated
I've always found revive polish and some buttery wax from Adams to bring out the best in my car's colors.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i think that for the effect that you want, you would need to color sand.
my car is brilliant black and i will be doing this in the next couple of weeks. but hopefully jason from adams can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've always found revive polish and some buttery wax from Adams to bring out the best in my car's colors.
If you don't want to use a polisher (which I HIGHLY suggest) then evilways is right. Revive Polish and Buttery Wax are your best bets for hand application.

A DA Polisher is ALWAYS going to give you better results however.

Take a look at this vid for hand applications:
http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Videos_DVD5_18.aspx

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
If you don't want to use a polisher (which I HIGHLY suggest) then evilways is right. Revive Polish and Buttery Wax are your best bets for hand application.

A DA Polisher is ALWAYS going to give you better results however.

Take a look at this vid for hand applications:
http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Videos_DVD5_18.aspx
What is a DA Polisher?

I would love to get a better shine and look for my car but after seeing so many paint swirlies over the years, I convinced myself to NEVER try a buffer/polisher. I am afraid that I would cause more damage than good. Can you explain, Jason?

·
Registered
38 Posts
What is a DA Polisher?

I would love to get a better shine and look for my car but after seeing so many paint swirlies over the years, I convinced myself to NEVER try a buffer/polisher. I am afraid that I would cause more damage than good. Can you explain, Jason?
A DA polisher is NOT the high speed buffers found at Pep Boys or NAPA that burn paint.

We are in LOVE with the Porter Cable 7424 (click here).

It's a random orbital polisher that does not spin once applied to the car. In the air it'll spin all day but once you put it's on weight on it the polisher will "oscillate" meaning "shake" but not spin.

Watch this vid:
http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Videos_DVD5_20.aspx
And this vid:
http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Videos_DVD5_21.aspx

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well I placed an order last night and I hope to put it all to use by next weekend if I have my sublime back from the shop installing my shaker. I opted for the machine route just for the other cars in my house that could also use it and to do them all by hand makes me very tired. I only bought it because of the results I have seen here. I also used NXT like you and while it left a smooth enough finish I think the sublime should be able to show more. The only thing I forgot to buy was the v.r.t spray so I could try it out.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Richie when are you going to invite the rest of the Adam's team out to FL for some sun?

You guys/girls don't need an invite. My Wife and I have a 4 bedroom house and no kids, there's plenty of room.

Don't you guys have sun out in Cali? Oh yeah you can't see it throught the smog.:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts