Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's get some ideas of what people are paying.

Please post your provider, general idea of options (full coverage, liability, whatever), and what Charger you have (R/T or V6, don't go into details of what options and stuff).

·
Registered
459 Posts
got a quote from allstate and for full covererage 300/300 500 ded collision. 100 ded glass---640 a year.

·
Registered
459 Posts
That was for the Daytona.......which I do not have yet........ :sad:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
moparnutswife said:
got a quote from allstate and for full covererage 300/300 500 ded collision. 100 ded glass---640 a year.

holy sh*t........i have an impeccable driving record and i am 32 married and have 2 kids plus a multi car discount and i am not even near that ball park.....how did you get it that low????? wow!! sorry just amazed at how low that is

·
Registered
96 Posts
Different states have different insurance laws. Different cities have different rates within the same state. Its near impossible to compare rates across the country. Its still difficult to compare rates across a county.
At 25 with a good driving record in MI, I'm happy to be under $900/yr w/ AAA. 100 ded comp, 500 broad collision, 500/500 liability.
Funny thing is that I couldn't beat their rates myself with the carriers that my agency represents.

·
Registered
459 Posts
:) total insurance coverage with them for everything I own......house, cars, boat, camper.....lol
They wanted to steal me from GEICO......they did it. Not sure how, but I liked it.
They say they go by credit scores too, but that was crazy. If they did.....well lets just say ours is improving daily........lol
Call them and ask.....could be the area you live in and what the accident rate is. I had it quoted for pleasure use only. Maybe that was the difference.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Though I haven't received my Charger yet, I was quoted an additional $600 a year for full covereage with a $500 deductible. (This is likely due to my also having my house and my 01 Neon on the policy.)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
oh yeah - i'll bet the pleasure use helped out, but still very impressive...

the credit score thing - i don't understand why that should play into your rates.....i have seen this lately and just can't understand how ins. agencies can get away with this? if i pay my ins. every freaking month, what difference does it make on credit scores...my credit is pretty good..not great...definitely not bad. i just don't understand what credit has to do with ins.

·
Registered
630 Posts
GoDaddy said:
holy sh*t........i have an impeccable driving record and i am 32 married and have 2 kids plus a multi car discount and i am not even near that ball park.....how did you get it that low????? wow!! sorry just amazed at how low that is
My thoughts exactly. I'm 48, married, 2 kids (teenagers), multi-car and home owners discounts and my Daytona has been quoted at $558 per 6 months. I haven't had a ticket since I was in my 20's and only two accidents in recent years where I was hit and not at fault. Where's the justice? Maybe I need to get some more quotes. :cry:

·
Registered
630 Posts
GoDaddy said:
i just don't understand what credit has to do with ins.
I agree GoDaddy, you could have crappy credit, but since you've never had a ticket or accident your liability risk should be higher. And the flip side you could have impeccible credit and yet be a terrible accident risk.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
ok i am not the only one that doesn't understand this system....do insurance guys drive chargers? if so we are demanding (as fellow forum members) to know what the deal on this credit/insurance thing is???????

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just an FYI......Geico was very close on their quotes, only could not do the house or the boat. I lost the multi discount with them, only had the multi car thing. It is a free call to them....1-800-go geico!! They should be able to quote you over the phone and they are nationwide. Just have a vin # handy of the car you want with the options on it that you want too.
Also, for anyone who knows how they rate cars....Allstate told me that the charger is a rate code of 22 which meant nothing to me until they told me that a "Vet" is a 25. I said it is just a family sedan :twisted: and then my agent laughed and said "Yeah, right, a sedan with a punch!!!" lol

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's a guy here that is an insurance rep ... I forget who it is. I'm sure he'll pop in and shed some light on this situation.

Those are all pretty good prices so far.
*phew* I was worried it was going to be a whole lot

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i said the same thing..."it's just a family sedan"....the guy actually rolled his eyes......lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have my two vehicles a 98 Ram 4x4 and my new 06 Charger R/T and with full coverage on both, $500 deductible I pay $599 every 6 months.

·
Registered
459 Posts
lol shrinki----new driver???

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
nice shrinky - there has to be a story behind this or are you just very young?

·
Registered
96 Posts
epoch said:
There's a guy here that is an insurance rep ... I forget who it is. I'm sure he'll pop in and shed some light on this situation.
Thats me. I don't handle personal insurance, so I may be slightly off in my understanding of the credit/insurance scoring thing, but I'll give it my best shot.
First off, your agents are doing themselves a big disservice describing the scoring as a credit score. It is actually an insurance score that incorporates credit and claims history. Each different carrier weighs the different components differently, which makes it about impossible to fully decipher.
The theory behind the insurance scoring is credit based in that some guys sitting around with nothing better to do came up with stacks and stacks of information that shows a correlation between credit score and claims frequency (lower credit, more claims). The information was apparently sound enough to get it through each state's respective Office of Insurance and Financial Services (Insurance Commissioner) and incorporated into their published rates.
Myself, I find it to be a load of crap. Trouble is, the process has been in place for the past few years and if they were to totally repeal the practice, it would entail everyone's rates increasing, as the carriers will collect the $ the actuaries say is required, regardless of who or how they obtain it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts