Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SRT-8 is bone stock now, but I'm thinking of doing the following:

1) Pro Torque 2800 Torque Converter
2) 17" wheels with drag radials (for the track only)

Now for a few questions about these mods:

1) How would the PT2800 converter work with stock programming? Would the throttle close when I try to launch at ~2800 RPMs? Or would it be OK?

2) What do guys recommend for a cheap and lightweight 17" rim that will see mostly the strip? It would have to be wide enough for say a 275 series drag radial.

3) What size drag radial would be ideal for a stock SRT-8 which is crossing the traps now at 108-109 MPH? Ideally I think I'd want to be crossing the finish line at about 5-10% past the RPM where the motor makes peak power, right? So does anybody already know what size 17" drag radial that would be? Or do I have to go and use one of those tire calculators.

I know I said I was gonna keep this car stock, but I just wanna see what she'll do with tires and a converter. If bone stock I ran [email protected] with a 1.94 60ft, what do you guys think I would run with those two mods?

TIA!

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FOR THE converter to work right your going to need some tcm flashing-and with the stall at 2800 and drag slicks pretty much count on a axle breaking.
Please excuse my ignorance, but can you accomplish the same thing with say a Diablosport Predator? Or does that only let you tweak the engine module?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
go to diablo's web page and it will give you the run down on what can be adjusted. shift points is one of them and esp off or on-NOW on a fully stock srt 300 i have seen with my own 2 eyes a dyno print out of a 26 horse gain at the rear wheels-and with a 180 stat and a cai that should be good for at least 4 more horse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts