Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! What do I look for in a Dealer when ordering a Daytona R/T. A dealer wants me to place an order for the car, but already has one on order. I do not want to be put in the position where this dealer will never get the 2nd car ( first car is not equipped the way I would want it).

What expert advise do you have?? What questions do I ask a Dealer or what do I need to know when ordering? I have talked to several dealerships that will take the order, but how do I know that they can actually get the car??

Thanks for your help guys....

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
1) how high of volume dealer are they? the more cars they move per month, the better thier allocation

2) be #1 in line at said dealer to make sure you get it..

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you really want to make sure you get one, tell the dealer you're willing to pay $5,000 over invoice. :D

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
gweempose said:
If you really want to make sure you get one, tell the dealer you're willing to pay $5,000 over invoice. :D
For 5G's over invoice you better get more then just the car... like an all expense paid vacation for 2 to the tropics... :whistle:

·
Registered
630 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
For 5G's over invoice you better get more then just the car... like an all expense paid vacation for 2 to the tropics... :whistle:
No kidding! Man for that much over, I agree.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
MurrayDodgeSales said:
My dealership has ordered 2 and we have vins on both of them at this point. Status is D. We should be getting as many as we order
with 4000 per color, 8,000 per year averages out (I know that in reality this will be different) to 160 per state

how many dealers are there in each state?

you will not get as many as you order, you will get as many as dodge allocates to you...

also as said to the other car salesmen on here... if you want to advertise... support the site...

·
Banned
591 Posts
There will be lots to go around. Sublime green comes after Top Banana. Then plum crazy purple (probobly different graphics as well) So if you cannot get one of the GOMANGO! or Top Banana cars...there is light at the end of the tunnel. Only bad thing is that once these hit the streets more and more ppl are going to be on to this.....Good Luck Folks.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
TurboAWD said:
There will be lots to go around. Sublime green comes after Top Banana. Then plum crazy purple (probobly different graphics as well) So if you cannot get one of the GOMANGO! or Top Banana cars...there is light at the end of the tunnel. Only bad thing is that once these hit the streets more and more ppl are going to be on to this.....Good Luck Folks.
True, however for 2006 model year, from what I have seen, there will only be the first 2 colors, with other colors to follow in coming production years... 2 colors per year.

so 8000 a year stands true unless someone has any information to correct my statment... (other then the 200 per color added for canadian sales)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Please explain to me how this was a advertising post?????? There was no name, address, phone number??? All i was saying is that my dealership ordered 2. Dodge has given us vins and we will be recieving our 2. If i wanted to advertise I would atleast let you know who and where im at.

PLEASE EXPLAIN????

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ok so i see it says my loaction. Anyways just because my name states my dealership doesnt me im advertising im just trying to help out. I guess because of my name im not allowed to post on here????

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
MurrayDodgeSales said:
Please explain to me how this was a advertising post?????? There was no name, address, phone number??? All i was saying is that my dealership ordered 2. Dodge has given us vins and we will be recieving our 2. If i wanted to advertise I would atleast let you know who and where im at.

PLEASE EXPLAIN????
your screen name is MURRAY DODGE SALES gee... I wonder where you work... LOL

in your profile you have:
SALES At Murray Dodge 610 279 3020

if that is not advertising the dealership you work at... I dont know what is...

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
MurrayDodgeSales said:
Ok so i see it says my loaction. Anyways just because my name states my dealership doesnt me im advertising im just trying to help out. I guess because of my name im not allowed to post on here????
If you did not have advertising in mind when you signed up, you would not have the dealership name as your user name, nor would you have the phone number in your occupation... could just say dodge sales and leave it at that...

There are other car salesmen on here who's screen names and profiles do not hint at advertising at all... again with how you set up your account... you had advertising in mind...

I am not admin, nor am I a moderator... however I do belive that if you are going to use this site to support you, you should support it....

and I never said that you couldn't post.... just that if you want to advertise, you should support the site

·
Registered
630 Posts
MurrayDodgeSales said:
ok so if somebody wants to see my phone number they have to look for it. Its not like im posting it on every post.
Hey D-RT, I respect your intention on wanting commercial users who advertize to support the site. But I am going to have to side with Roger here.

I looked back through his posts, and none had any blatent or subliminal attempts to say "hey contact me and I'll sell you something". Yes he does mention inventory and orders they've placed, but for the most part it was to answer specific questions and to provide information that was requested.

In my opinion, I'd lighten up just a hair.

If the admin or moderators make a different call, then that is theirs to make.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
It was my understanding that a Dealer could not order the Daytona package. There where allocated based on dealer sales. I tried to order one, and I think if the dealer could have he would have. Dealers don't often turn down a sale if they can help it.
________
The Cliff Condo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts