Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
Evening Guys! Base with Sunroof $39,586 drive out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All options including sunroof at MSRP $43,115.00

(including the f'n Guzzler tax!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RPMSRT8 said:
Every option, paid MSRP $43,115.00
Same as me. Very interesting that the rumours of dealers jackin up the prices on the SRT-8's doesn't seem to be happening. :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mtbatol said:
hmmmm....

43 grand huh? Wonder if selling my right kidney on ebay can pay for that and some change.
$43K is a bargain for this vehicle compared to others in it's class. (and there's not too many that fit into the SRT-8's class!)

Comparable Mercedes or BMW would be in the $60K - $70 range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
moparfan said:
$43K is a bargain for this vehicle compared to others in it's class. (and there's not too many that fit into the SRT-8's class!)

Comparable Mercedes or BMW would be in the $60K - $70 range.
indeed
thus me being a srt8 fan. this thing throws out just as much power as the amg benz's. goin for the more expensive AMG's i would have to throw in a right lung along with the kidney :\

my only concern is the availability of these beasts. i think one would have to order out of state to get one asap if not waiting in ordering line for one to come off fresh from assembly line
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,972 Posts
mtbatol said:
hmmmm....

43 grand huh? Wonder if selling my right kidney on ebay can pay for that and some change.
They'll give you 40kUS in Peru. It's legal and you only stay overnight.

BTW, saw a special, not by experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mtbatol said:
my only concern is the availability of these beasts. i think one would have to order out of state to get one asap if not waiting in ordering line for one to come off fresh from assembly line
Availability is an issue. The SRT-8s are on allocation and, from what I hear, they will only be making about 5,000 of them in the '06 model year. That means that each SRT-authorized Dodge dealer will only receive 1 or 2 on their initial allocation. Most of those are probably already spoken for.

My dealer went ahead and put in another order for me (in addition to the the initial allocation one I already have a deposit down on) and DC still has it in BX status. Very doubtful that any orders above initial allocation will be accepted until they produce the first batch.

So yes, if you haven't already put down a deposit with your dealer on one from their initial allocation, then you'll probably have to wait awhile to get one that would be ordered now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
mtbatol said:
hmmmm....

43 grand huh? Wonder if selling my right kidney on ebay can pay for that and some change.

Say.. I wonder if anyone has considered a pact with the :devil: I hear selling your soul would get you the first one off the assembly line, totally modified!! Any takers.... :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dodgem said:
Say.. I wonder if anyone has considered a pact with the :devil: I hear selling your soul would get you the first one off the assembly line, totally modified!! Any takers.... :eek:
I'm sure someone with "inside connects" will get #1. But from what I've heard, no SRT-8s will be shipped to the dealers for resale until they have a good quantity already built.

They will go into "storage" until they can stage shipping to many dealers all at once. Dealer said this was "standard practice" on vehicles like the Charger SRT-8 to discourage "price gouging" from dealers that would receive them well before any others based on shipping proximity to assembly plant, etc.

It's all political anyway... just want mine ASAP!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
moparfan said:
I'm sure someone with "inside connects" will get #1. But from what I've heard, no SRT-8s will be shipped to the dealers for resale until they have a good quantity already built.

They will go into "storage" until they can stage shipping to many dealers all at once. Dealer said this was "standard practice" on vehicles like the Charger SRT-8 to discourage "price gouging" from dealers that would receive them well before any others based on shipping proximity to assembly plant, etc.

It's all political anyway... just want mine ASAP!!

As usual moparfan, you are a wealth of knowledge. I know we're all anxious to get are hands on our SRT-8's, does the proceedures you outline mean that an order put in for one in September probably means a delivery time of more than 3 months? Say it ain't so! :sad:

BA status as of 9/13
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
Dodgem said:
As usual moparfan, you are a wealth of knowledge. I know we're all anxious to get are hands on our SRT-8's, does the proceedures you outline mean that an order put in for one in September probably means a delivery time of more than 3 months? Say it ain't so! :sad:

BA status as of 9/13
What Moparfan isn't revealing to you, is his father is a bigwig at DC, and he's been driving his SRT8 for 2 months now. He just want's us to feel better about the situation. :whistle: :) JK!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Dodgem said:
mean that an order put in for one in September probably means a delivery time of more than 3 months? Say it ain't so! :sad:

BA status as of 9/13
Hey man... I am no expert by any means... just telling you what I've learned by talking to the Order Processor at the dealer and the reps at DC. (I ask a lot of questions!) :smile:

I don't think anyone can tell you for sure how long it will take to get your car delivered. From what I've been told, until it comes off the line, there is no set delivery date.

When I put my deposit down (9/10) on one of the 2 they ordered in the initial allocation, the dealer told me "mid to late November delivery"... but they also said "that is subject to change at any time".

All I do know is that every dealer around here has already had their initial allocation "spoken for". They have all said "we'll order you one", but they also said "it will come in well after the initial allocation". So for what it's worth... that could mean 6 - 8 months from now!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mmaloy said:
What Moparfan isn't revealing to you, is his father is a bigwig at DC, and he's been driving his SRT8 for 2 months now. He just want's us to feel better about the situation. :whistle: :) JK!!!!!

I WISH!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Hey man... I am no expert by any means... just telling you what I've learned by talking to the Order Processor at the dealer and the reps at DC. (I ask a lot of questions!)
I don't think I said you were, I was mearly pointing out that I appreciate you doing all the leg work to find the answers and get the info together for the rest of us who don't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
Dodgem said:
I don't think I said you were, I was mearly pointing out that I appreciate you doing all the leg work to find the answers and get the info together for the rest of us who don't.
Morning Dodgem!! Moparfan was just being modest. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Dodgem said:
I don't think I said you were, I was mearly pointing out that I appreciate you doing all the leg work to find the answers and get the info together for the rest of us who don't.
Understood... but when you said that I thought to myself "I WISH" !!

Glad to pass along any info I get... please do the same.

Hell, I was willing to fly to Canada and drive an SRT-8 back to Tampa if that dealer up there would sell the one on the lot. (my avatar pic)

Found out... it's not for sale. :sad:
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top