Charger Forums banner
6521 - 6540 of 6554 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
128 Posts
Can you do me a huge favor, can you look inside the bottom hose where the oil cooler Y pipes into it and see if its just a smooth fitting, or if they casted a piece sticking out into the stream?
Also, I have read many times, HEAT is a huge friend with getting that Hex headed plug out.
Finished my cooling upgrades!

The "Y" split is molded into the side of the pipe, and is a smooth opening inside off of the lower rad pipe. As for the oil filter adapter, it took "1/2 drive ratchet, plus a 3ft cheater bar to break loose, then came out cleanly. The oil cooler kit I purchased was great, but meant for an '09 and back Hemi, so it included a smaller standard thread oil filter adapter. The same adapter threaded for modern metric filters was another $50, but worth it IMO. Torqued the new adapter with some lock tight and good to go. It all fits nicely, and lowers the oil filter 3-4" which is actually kind of nice.

The Mishimoto Radiator again is a very, very nice quality piece, and worth the money. The dual fan slid in and fit great, and both fans work off the original harness. The only issue being the original rubber air guards that are 'clipped' to the top and bottom of the OEM rad do not fit due to the thicker aftermarket radiator, and the side grill air deflectors are a little more tight against the condenser, but still lined up as normal. Before with 'spirited' driving my oil temps could hit 265*, coolant around ~210*, after coolant temp remained the same, but oil temps never peaked above 235*. Worth it, and I know I'm G2G come August in traffic.

Also finished my custom hood prop! Had bought one a few yrs back, but was a little low now my engine bay is so dressed. Que a little aluminum fab work, some paint work, and an emblem or 2 I'd say it's pretty sweet. Folds up too, pins in place closed or extended. Sometimes working in aviation allows some nifty parts 'acquired' from our parts room.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,666 Posts
Finished my cooling upgrades!

The "Y" split is molded into the side of the pipe, and is a smooth opening inside off of the lower rad pipe. As for the oil filter adapter, it took "1/2 drive ratchet, plus a 3ft cheater bar to break loose, then came out cleanly. The oil cooler kit I purchased was great, but meant for an '09 and back Hemi, so it included a smaller standard thread oil filter adapter. The same adapter threaded for modern metric filters was another $50, but worth it IMO. Torqued the new adapter with some lock tight and good to go. It all fits nicely, and lowers the oil filter 3-4" which is actually kind of nice.

The Mishimoto Radiator again is a very, very nice quality piece, and worth the money. The dual fan slid in and fit great, and both fans work off the original harness. The only issue being the original rubber air guards that are 'clipped' to the top and bottom of the OEM rad do not fit due to the thicker aftermarket radiator, and the side grill air deflectors are a little more tight against the condenser, but still lined up as normal. Before with 'spirited' driving my oil temps could hit 265*, coolant around ~210*, after coolant temp remained the same, but oil temps never peaked above 235*. Worth it, and I know I'm G2G come August in traffic.

Also finished my custom hood prop! Had bought one a few yrs back, but was a little low now my engine bay is so dressed. Que a little aluminum fab work, some paint work, and an emblem or 2 I'd say it's pretty sweet. Folds up too, pins in place closed or extended. Sometimes working in aviation allows some nifty parts 'acquired' from our parts room.
So readign it right, you did get the side defelctors in place? Those do so much. My Pursuit did not have them at first, and after I found a set My temps dropped alot more at lower speeds than before.

Thank you for looking. I keep feeling that due to the angle of that pipe, the oil cooler gets fed on the output of the radiator (coldest fluid) and dumps past the T-stat. But I was argued against that. I can see the point it doesn't but feel I am right only due to that lower hose design.

What is also even odd, on SRTs the T-stat housing does not have the falnge, it gets plugged into a nipple threaded into waterpump bleeder hole.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
128 Posts
So readign it right, you did get the side defelctors in place? Those do so much. My Pursuit did not have them at first, and after I found a set My temps dropped alot more at lower speeds than before.

What is also even odd, on SRTs the T-stat housing does not have the falnge, it gets plugged into a nipple threaded into waterpump bleeder hole.
Yes, the two side defectors fit snuggly, but can absolutely still be installed. As you're probably aware they one attach with 2 tree plugs, and set into an open hole at the bottom. They are tighter, as they rest against the condenser, and it's been pushed forward ~1/2", but still function. I was even able to get upper radiator seal in, though it's more a 'press' fit at this point, held in via clamping force then actually clipped to the top of the rad.

I've yet to see an OEM SRT cooler, though I haven't really paid attention till now. This uses a nice piece at the top, but I'm modifying my BT water neck to hopefully swap it out later on. Just need to seal it well and I have faith it should be good.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Beauty, love the blue. Ever thought about stripes?

I have a 17 SP in granite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was tempted by the Granite. Based on other vehicles I've had in that color, I bet it seems to change based on its surroundings. I loved that about my 04 pick up.
I've thought about stripes since the 3rd gen Camaros were new....but never pulled the trigger on that option.

·
Premium Member
2021 Hellion Twin turbo 392
1,293 Posts
Almost looks like you stole that pic from some dodge sales brochure 🤔
gorgeous view

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Where is that?

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,666 Posts
Where is that?
Hydro-Pumped Generation facitily on top of a mountain near me. This is on the "dam" or levee that holds the lake. I go there all the time. Photos from other times..

Car Sky Tire Vehicle Hood

This is near the base........

Brown Sky Slope Wood Landscape

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Cool thanks…i was thinking it was racoon mtn in Chattanooga tn and i was right

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,666 Posts
Based on your front plate, I wonder if that is the new location for the Umbrella Corporation, perhaps the next hive....
Racoon Mtn. Chances are good already one there. Which I can neither confirm or deny!

• Haha
Reactions: jdud620
6521 - 6540 of 6554 Posts