Charger Forums banner
6501 - 6520 of 6554 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Congrats. FlyersHockey.
I think, I made mistake, in the cold weather (-3 C) loading grocery items slowly, leaving one of the doors opened, letting the interior light to be on.

I replaced mine during stress, fear to stuck somewhere again and understanding that the end of battery lifecycle is near.
If I would think better and having proper tools, would do:
Charge it fully and test it
Buying jump booster / charger
Research better where to get OEM like replacement

What I notice in overall, some OEM parts of these cars are very durable with general use.
Battery, wiper blades, brake pads - these served me twice longer, then for my friends or colleagues with Hyundai / Honda / Toyota.
I'm just playing a game now. I should get a new battery, but I want to see how long I can get out of it now. I got 7 years out of a motorcycle battery once. I had a coupon and was all set to get a new one last year and it was tested and it was fine so I said screw it. I also rarely travel far away.

·
Registered
2014 R/T Phantom Black
566 Posts
I'm just playing a game now. I should get a new battery, but I want to see how long I can get out of it now.
That's not bad idea, and great for future knowledge.
However you do need probably to have a backup as mobile jumper device, AAA road assistance membership or friend who will be ready anytime to come and assist with jumpstart.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
128 Posts
Is this thread still a thing? First 2022 post?

Tore down my front end and swaped out my OEM rad and fan for a Mishimoto SRT Radiator, Mishimoto coolant tank, dual cooling fan set up from a '19 Scat Challenger, and installing an OEM SRT / Purusit oil cooler. Not a hard job at all, could easily be performed in a day. Unfortunately I'm at a standstill waiting on a 12MM deep hex socket because I didn't do my homework and need one for the oil filter adapter.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
That coolant tank looks neat!
I bought a new OEM tank with the intention of painting it black but it is still untouched in the garage lol.

Looking forward to installed pics!

Edit: holy ****
Thats $400?!?!?!

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,667 Posts
Is this thread still a thing? First 2022 post?

Tore down my front end and swaped out my OEM rad and fan for a Mishimoto SRT Radiator, Mishimoto coolant tank, dual cooling fan set up from a '19 Scat Challenger, and installing an OEM SRT / Purusit oil cooler. Not a hard job at all, could easily be performed in a day. Unfortunately I'm at a standstill waiting on a 12MM deep hex socket because I didn't do my homework and need one for the oil filter adapter.
Can you do me a huge favor, can you look inside the bottom hose where the oil cooler Y pipes into it and see if its just a smooth fitting, or if they casted a piece sticking out into the stream?

Also, I have read many times, HEAT is a huge friend with getting that Hex headed plug out.

·
Premium Member
2021 Hellion Twin turbo 392
1,293 Posts
What did i do to my charger today? I drove it 😂

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
But i did get my new custom led fuel rail covers via ups today.
Wood Textile Font Packing materials Tints and shades

Reactions: jdud620

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looking forward to installed pics!

Edit: holy ****
Thats $400?!?!?!
Between the Rad, overflow tank, dual fan assem, and OEM oil cooler kit I'm about $1,300 in. Both of the Mishimoto items where on sale, and I bought both some time ago during another sale on Summit. I think I picked up the tank for ~$200, and the Rad for ~$650. Oil cooler kit was $200, dual fan assem off eBay for ~$200, then a jug or two of Mopar coolant to top it all back off. Both the Rad and coolant tank fit perfect, and the Rad came with new HDW to replace some of the plastic ones.

Can you do me a huge favor, can you look inside the bottom hose where the oil cooler Y pipes into it and see if its just a smooth fitting, or if they casted a piece sticking out into the stream?

Also, I have read many times, HEAT is a huge friend with getting that Hex headed plug out.
The 'T' piece off the bottom rad hose? I can look at that in a few. The cooler and oil filter adapter is where I'm currently stuck. Needing a 12MM Deep reach Hex socket, I stopped at 4 diff tool / auto stores today with no luck, turned to the big 'A' and I'll have one delivered Friday for $8.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Between the Rad, overflow tank, dual fan assem, and OEM oil cooler kit I'm about $1,300 in. Both of the Mishimoto items where on sale, and I bought both some time ago during another sale on Summit. I think I picked up the tank for ~$200, and the Rad for ~$650. Oil cooler kit was $200, dual fan assem off eBay for ~$200, then a jug or two of Mopar coolant to top it all back off. Both the Rad and coolant tank fit perfect, and the Rad came with new HDW to replace some of the plastic ones.

The 'T' piece off the bottom rad hose? I can look at that in a few. The cooler and oil filter adapter is where I'm currently stuck. Needing a 12MM Deep reach Hex socket, I stopped at 4 diff tool / auto stores today with no luck, turned to the big 'A' and I'll have one delivered Friday for $8.
Couldnt find 12mm deep at lowes or home depot?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Couldnt find 12mm deep at lowes or home depot?

Automotive tire Automotive design Carbon Rim Automotive exterior

Home Depo went to 10mm, Auto zone had a 12, but would be too short. True Value went to 10, Harbor Freight had a set with a deep 12, but not in stock at the store.... Lowes was on the other side of town and at that point I was over it and had already purchased online for less then the gas I paid going everywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
The universe just didnt want you to finish that today

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
-New emissions and state inspection
-replaced gear fluid
-4 new Atturo AZ800s
-replaced drivers door lock actuator
-scheduled 4th blend door replacement - currently on 45 day back order

156,229 miles

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
If you dont mind me asking - how long did they take to do this?
I still remember seeing the tech struggle with this for almost 2 hours lmao.
It took them about 4 hours. They actually worked past closing time to get it finished since they had said everything would be done in a day.

I only paid, parts included, about $330 for it, but he said it was a lot more difficult than they were anticipating. I actually called twice because I had an appointment for 7:30am for all of what I mentioned and it was done until 5:30pm. I was originally expecting it to be done around 2 or 3.

Definitely glad I didn't attempt it on my own.

·
Registered
108 Posts
View attachment 304021

Home Depo went to 10mm, Auto zone had a 12, but would be too short. True Value went to 10, Harbor Freight had a set with a deep 12, but not in stock at the store.... Lowes was on the other side of town and at that point I was over it and had already purchased online for less then the gas I paid going everywhere.
What if you got a 12mm bolt and ground two sides flat to clamp vice grips on? I've done this for an old truck when I couldn't find the right size tool, just found a bolt head that fit right and flattened two sides of the threaded bolt to clamp onto....

6501 - 6520 of 6554 Posts