Charger Forums banner

6341 - 6360 of 6372 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T Plus AWD
40 Posts
The stainless rear brake lines were installed this week. Didn't need to replace the hard lines after all. Brake upgrade (rotors, pads, and stainless lines) is now complete.
No more mods for a while.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
^ Did you have any issues with properly tucking away the wiring under the console?
What did you use to secure it in order to prevent it from getting noisy when going over bumpy roads and such?

It looks real good!
I'm still on the fence as I've read that the metal portion of the handle can get extremely cold or hot depending on the weather outside...

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have not thought if those things. lol. I probably should have wrapped the oem shift knob with bubble wrap at least.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
Does that new shifter have lights on it like the OEM shifter?

Looks awesome, but probably not for me...

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
^ Did you have any issues with properly tucking away the wiring under the console?
What did you use to secure it in order to prevent it from getting noisy when going over bumpy roads and such?

It looks real good!
I'm still on the fence as I've read that the metal portion of the handle can get extremely cold or hot depending on the weather outside...
I have a Hurst shifter (wood side panels, steel center) it doesn't get hot in summer, a little cool in winter, but not bad.. Rather than putting the whole old shift knob under the console, I took it apart and removed the little lighted circuit board and put that in an anti-static bag and put that little 1" square under the console. (note" the leather pad does not just pry off, it is held on by screws from underneath)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Dropped her off at the shop for a Showroom detail. It's her 15th birthday. She needs it and she deserves it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Had my my 3.09 anti spin diff installed..🤙

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wrote a poem about driving it.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Got tired of the nasty ass stained carpet....2nd car in a row turns out was previously driven by whoever drove around with the sloppy ass kids lol. Bless Mopar for not changing the platform much lol.....ended up with a 4000 original mile carpet from a newer Scat; fit like a glove. Good thing I had to pull the front seats, the bottom cushion fans on both had popped out of place.
Before (nasty):
IMAG5859.jpg IMAG5860.jpg

C'mon man....french fries UNDER the carpet??

Much better after with new mats

IMAG5867.jpg IMAG5869.jpg

·
Registered
2014 dodge charger pursuit
18 Posts
I've had a weird stumble on the first start up of the day since I bought it in April. Did a tune up. Nothing changed.
Bought and installed a cam and crank sensor from dodge and it started popping a check engine light. Each time I would drive it would result in 2 or 3 multiple cylinder misfires. Did some digging around on here and found ALOT of people recommending testing or replacing the ASD relay. That fixed it. No problems since. THANK YOU!

In other news, I bought some snow tires. I'm waiting to put them on until the week they call for snow in the forecast.

6341 - 6360 of 6372 Posts