Charger Forums banner

6321 - 6329 of 6329 Posts

·
Registered
2014 dodge charger pursuit
13 Posts
I found out that the "2014" center console I bought was actually from a 2015-2019 so all the wires are different. All I wanted was the 12v socket and aux port to work. Lol
I also replaced the oem front rotors.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
So after getting paranoid about this ticking sound I had been hearing for sometime - I decided to fast-track some maintenance and tackle it now instead of 20,000 kms later since it was being taken apart anyways.

Ended up having the top end portion taken apart and was relieved to see it was a false alarm.
Camshaft lobes were in good shape, as were the rocker arms and such..couldn't feel any significant edge along where the rockers rub against the lobes either.

Besides new rocker arms, used new Mahle gasket kits, the PUG lower intake, swapped out the sensors and sender units, coil packs and spark plugs and PCV valve.

Next order of business is to look into some body work and suspension upgrades!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Drove it to work. Coworker has a 14 R/T AWD, hooked him up with some AlfaOBD magic (sport mode, perf pages, SRT, fogs w/high beams). Probably caused a fight some time this afternoon after taking him for a ride in the SRT lol (old lady holds the purse strings and he wants an SRT now).

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T Plus AWD
24 Posts
Changed the oil a couple of days ago. First time I've used the Fumoto oil drain valve since installing on the last oil change, and I love it. So much easier than messing with a threaded drain plug.

Yesterday I took it to the shop to have the stainless brake lines installed, and it turned into an all-day nightmare. The nuts connecting the hard lines with the flexible lines on the front lines had corroded in place, and made removing them almost impossible without tweaking the hard lines. The mechanic figured out a way to do it, though, and replaced the fronts. The bleeder valves were also frozen, and one snapped off in the caliper. Tried heat, solvent, and extractors, but wound up having to replace the caliper.

The rear lines were even worse, and the method he used to remove them on the front wouldn't work on the rear because of the way the rears are configured. So I have half a set installed. Fortunately, it's the front half. I'm having them price out the rear installation, complete with hard lines since they will have to be replaced as well.

The car was originally from New York, and I assume that road salt is the culprit. Fortunately he didn't find any rust underneath, but what an ordeal.

6321 - 6329 of 6329 Posts