Charger Forums banner

6301 - 6320 of 6329 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
How'd you pop off the Dodge Badge? was it stuck on with glue?
Autobots ftw!
The OEM Badge is plastic, but its' held into the airbag cover by a small metal clip. Its not super stiff metal, you can bend it out of the way rather easily, and could probably re-use it if you needed too. But the space under it is pretty flat, and nicely recessed. Taking the airbag off our wheels its super easy, as for getting the airbag cover off, thats a little more tricky. It's held on by 11 small metal tabs, that the plastic cover clips onto. I bent the lower 8 and gently pried /slipped the cover off, and had another steering wheel cover I got from a salvage yard off an Avenger. Slipped the new cover with the fancy badge back on, and re-bent the tabs to hold in like factory. Took about 30 min, can't even tell it was apart. The airbag is nicely compressed, and as long as you're gentle pose no harm to it.

(edit: formatting)

IMG_20200616_151055.jpg

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T Plus AWD
24 Posts
Updated the map in my nav system to 2020.
Ordered a set of Husky floor mats to go with my recently-ordered Husky trunk liner.
I've been using a set of weather tech mats from my previous Charger (2009 RT AWD), but they don't quite fit. The new ones should be here by the time I get the car back from the body shop.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Installed a set of used paddle shifters to my 16 charger SXT, removed the shifters off a used steering wheel and bought it for half of the price of a new set of paddle shifters. Used the tazer to activate them and they worked nice and smooth. I also bought a used A/C control button module for cheap with all the buttons I had along with an extra ‘sport’ button and swapped the old one out to the new one. Now I do not need to leave the tazer plugged in all the time as well as pressing both the ‘traction‘ and ‘back’ buttons at the same time in order to use the sport mode, instead, I can just press the sport button anytime and it would work like as if my car came with the ‘Rallye Package’! Tomorrow will be installing new Powerstop Z17 OEM front brake pads and rotors, would like to stick with OEM styles since they typically last longer than slotted and drilled rotors.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T Plus AWD
24 Posts
Got my Charger back from the body shop. The rust on the trunk lid appears to be fixed, and a wrinkle and two small dents on the rear bumper are fixed as well.

Added a new set of Husky WeatherBeater floor mats, and a trunk liner.

Next I'm going to change my AEM Wideband boost/AFR gauge face from black to white, to make it easier to read.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Reactions: Amdy

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Super secret way of doing this or did you purchase the maps?
I did look at @RScottyL 's process...but I felt the risk of bricking the unit was much higher if I f'd something up.
That would mean spending around $1500 USD + shipping+ taxes + duty fees...
The process is convoluted as it is!

Ended up buying an update as the current sale is on until July 17th 2020...figured I may as well give it a shot as my previous attempt in 2017 was unsuccessful.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered Black Ops Auto Works Bumper Cover, REAR DIFFUSER, and REAR WING. Spoke to the owner and they have a carbon fiber antenna coming in a month. They are finishing the mold off the OEM part.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Charger R/T
49 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Picked up baby girl from the dealership after 4 and a half weeks of troubleshooting. Drove for an hour...no warning lights or limp mode. So far so good. 😎

Reactions: BAFABLE
6301 - 6320 of 6329 Posts