Charger Forums banner

6281 - 6300 of 6329 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Thank you @JFire72, all those are definitely a lil closer then the one in Detroit a buddy of mine was telling me to go. The 9 years I lived in Sevierville Tenn, this dump of a town only got dumpier with even less things then the minimum of things it had.
Sevierville huh? Lived right around the corner from you in Dandridge for a couple of years. We then moved to Knoxville for another 2-3 years. My wife was missing family so we moved back to Michigan. That was a big mistake, as I'm not sure who hates it here more, her or me LOL! We miss the hell out of Tennessee, someday after the kids graduate from high school we will be back.

The only good thing I like about Battle Creek is the Dodge dealership there. I have purchased my last two vehicles there, as they have a much better selection than most around the area. Plus their service department is very good as well.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
06 Dodge Charger Top Banana Daytona.
23 Posts
Thank you @JFire72, all those are definitely a lil closer then the one in Detroit a buddy of mine was telling me to go. The 9 years I lived in Sevierville Tenn, this dump of a town only got dumpier with even less things then the minimum of things it had. 😢
Are these the Oracle LED Side markers?
I remember Flex mentioning he had gotten something similar - however I dont think it had two rows of lighting like your does.
These aren't Oracles, I want to say that they are Helix brand. I'm not sure the circles change colors. But still cool looking, especially when I get some purple LED's in them spots. I've put blue lights in the side markers for years. In almost every car I've had. And as we all know, yellow and blue make green. 😉 So I moved the blue to the interior.

·
Registered
06 Dodge Charger Top Banana Daytona.
23 Posts
Sevierville huh? Lived right around the corner from you in Dandridge for a couple of years. We then moved to Knoxville for another 2-3 years. My wife was missing family so we moved back to Michigan. That was a big mistake, as I'm not sure who hates it here more, her or me LOL! We miss the hell out of Tennessee, someday after the kids graduate from high school we will be back.

The only good thing I like about Battle Creek is the Dodge dealership there. I have purchased my last two vehicles there, as they have a much better selection than most around the area. Plus their service department is very good as well.

My ex was missing her family too. Sadly I knew I was gonna leave her

I HATED even the thought of moving back here. Which is PARTLY why she's now my ex(after 11 years and two kids). She has a 22 year old daughter that stayed down there. And if she gets the 5-10 it sounds like the prosecutor wants to give her, I'll prolly take my two girls I have fought the two and a 1/2 years back for full custody for and move back. My DL is still valid until 2024. Sevier County local discounts are hard to give up. Lol.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Installed Tazer double bypass, not because I needed it, but just to free up the main OBD port.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Lol, the issue is we are forced to use the Hi Beams in low voltage as DRLs.
I dont drive as much at night, but I think it would account for all that burn during the day..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Put it back together and went out for a drive after almost 3 months, lol.
Im liking the Lamin-X amber film for the fog lights as well!
Haven't put the Danko lip back on yet..
For your year models, I like the Spyder headlight kits. They look more like the 15+ headlights with some linear inserts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ordered a used chrysler steering wheel with paddle shifters for $60, I was looking for a pair of paddle shifters but they were high priced. I will be removing the shifters from the steering wheel once arrived and installing them to my 16 Charger AWD steering wheel along with an activation by the tazer. Will also buy a used heater/AC control button bank that has a ‘sport’ button to swap out my current unit that doesnt have one. My model has the premium package with pre-collision system, park-assist, lane sensing etc., except for the Rallye package, so I have to find a button bank unit that has all of my current buttons along with an extra ‘Sport’ button. For those who dont know: For trims that dont have a physical sport button dont have a factory preloaded sport mode, one has to use the tazer to activate factory sport mode on the PCM and to initiate sport mode by pressing both the traction and back buttons at the same time (meanwhile Tazer has to be left plugged in in order to use sport mode, otherwise, wont work). Therefore, by swapping out the entire button unit, I will be able to use sport mode by just pressing the sport button like everyone else do and no longer need to leave the tazer plugged in to do so.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
For your year models, I like the Spyder headlight kits. They look more like the 15+ headlights with some linear inserts.
I did look at those along with the Spec-D ..but in the end decided not to go with them as I wasnt sure how the'd hold up during winter.
Granted, it isnt as bad here in Southern ON, still..didnt want to deal with the potential hassle and what not!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Swapped out the original bulbs that came with the vehicle back in 2012...I think I would've been able to squeeze two more years of service out of them!
Your highbeams are smoked from running half voltage as DRL's. A few minutes in highbeam mode clears them up but doubt its a noticeable diff. But yes, lamps do have optimal performance life determined in hours. One of the reasons I moved my DRL's to my turn signals.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
29 Posts
Been a looooong time since I posted here!

Yesterday I tore down my steering wheel and swaped out for all my modded parts. Looks so much better, and only cost ~$15 and a little help from Rebadge Designs.

IMG_20200614_145949.jpg IMG_20200614_151819.jpg IMG_20200614_152557.jpg IMG_20200614_152615.jpg

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Your highbeams are smoked from running half voltage as DRL's. A few minutes in highbeam mode clears them up but doubt its a noticeable diff. But yes, lamps do have optimal performance life determined in hours. One of the reasons I moved my DRL's to my turn signals.
Thanks for the tip, @georgiapi !
Found it on Tazer : )

Side note - the auto window roll down feature with the remote is pretty cool as well...its on their latest update v2.4.8

Attachments

6281 - 6300 of 6329 Posts