Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I had my choice, I'd like to take on a Monte Carlo SS [newer].

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
...are those fast?(stupid question lol)
i was always under the impression that the monte carlos, even the SS's are slow pokers. never even payed em much mind.
they discontinued the monte carlo this year btw.

personally? id like to kill kids in lawnmower civics all day

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
...are those fast?(stupid question lol)
i was always under the impression that the monte carlos, even the SS's are slow pokers. never even payed em much mind.
they discontinued the monte carlo this year btw.

personally? id like to kill kids in lawnmower civics all day

The new Monte Carlos are OK, but they are front wheel drive V8s. You want a front wheel drive V8? Buy a Cadillac. But if you want to make a sports car and give it a V8, then in my eyes its gotta be rear wheel (possibly all wheel) drive. To me thats where Chevy messed up on that car. Plus, its only got 303 hp and while Im sure its probably a little bit lighter than the Charger, Im pretty confident an R/T would take it, no problem.

As for me, I wouldnt mind taking on a Mustang and putting him in his place ( I really, really hate Ford). Not that Im hating on other domestics because they are with us in the fight against the never-dying breed of ricers.... but I really cant stand Mustangs---whatsoever.

As for me, much like dudeiwin86, Id be willing to take on any ricer off a stop light and blow his doors doin it, especially civics, eclipses, whatever. I KNOW, some opf them have power, and impressive power at that because they can squeeze alot out of a 4-banger, but I still like givin em a taste of American muscle. Id really like to be able to blow off STi's and Evo's, but they are a bit out of my range....

Raced a brand new Civic Si about two weeks ago off of four consecutive stop lights in the city. Finally on the last one I looked over at the guy and he was just laughing so I go, "You wanna give it another shot? I hear fourth time is the charm." and he just laughs and goes "this thing is completely stock" and I respond, "yeah so is this thing" (not entirely true because I did have an air intake, but whats that really add, 5 hp? I was smoking him by car lengths....). I respond by telling him im stock too and he goes "Yeah well that things gotta hemi" at which point I just smiled and shrugged my shoulders while raping him off the line yet again.

-Pat

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
iv been dying to get next to a Trailblazer SS at a red light
Im gonna have to second this notion as well. My buddy has a cobalt SS and that thing is pretty quick. I can take him for sure, but hes a very good driver with stick. I was with him one night and we raced a silverado SS (pretty much same drive train as a trailblazer SS but there may be some weight differences....?) and the first light we kinda took him. Then from the second light he just kept pullin and pullin away like it was no problem and then he waved his arm at us out the window and I was like like Oh hell No, where the hell's my Charger when I need it! I always give my buddy crap about his ride, but I still respect his car and his driving ability. I just couldnt believe the guy beat him that bad. Id really like to see how Id fair against one of these. I know the older ones have 350 hp which Id like to think we could take, but someone told me the new ones have 395.... that true? If so, thats a bit more of a challenge....

-Pat

·
Registered
708 Posts
Unlike almost everyone else here, I am NOT a Mustang hater - I would be driving a GT500 right now if it had 3 seatbelts in the back seat! We went down, drove it, and had the paperwork ready to sign - then i (for once in my life) used better judgement and decided not to get it - someday when the kids are grown, maybe - hopefully!

I want to kick my wife's a$$ in her 07 Mercedes E350. Granted its only 268hp and i know I'll smoke her, but she talks a lot of trash and if I could ever get her to put her money where her mouth is - LIFE WOULD BE GRAND!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Unlike almost everyone else here, I am NOT a Mustang hater - I would be driving a GT500 right now if it had 3 seatbelts in the back seat! We went down, drove it, and had the paperwork ready to sign - then i (for once in my life) used better judgement and decided not to get it - someday when the kids are grown, maybe - hopefully!

I want to kick my wife's a$$ in her 07 Mercedes E350. Granted its only 268hp and i know I'll smoke her, but she talks a lot of trash and if I could ever get her to put her money where her mouth is - LIFE WOULD BE GRAND!
lucky she didnt get the E550
then shel be saying bye bye to you

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hmm

I would like to smoke just about any car that thinks "it's all just funny green paint and no go" :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Every little punk kid with a mix&match primered honda.....I HATE THEM:fuming:

·
Registered
329 Posts
i would like to beat my favorite ricer..which i want..yeah i said it...but this car has respect..and should..a
twin turbo toyota supra. that would be B.A. for me to beat one.

and my friends 07 350z...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts