Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to Night Shade the Headlight but we definatly do need as much light as we can get....

That Yellow light kills me......what you guys doing about it? switching headlights? or removing the blub? or what?

talk to me baby.....

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Lots of guys do HIDs. I decided to get Sylvania Silverstars this week. They are very white and I love it. There are no legal problems since they are halogens.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
You need to get some of the "switchback" LED bulbs. They run as white normally to match the headlights, and turn amber when the turn signals are on. You may need resistors to make them work, so do your research before buying. I have some but not yet installed. My quick test showed I will need resistors.

http://autolumination.com/switchback.html

·
Registered
964 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm watching mine carefully. Trying to gather critical data while studying it in it's natural habitat.

I fear they may become more aggressive than I have come prepared for. Yes. Not nearly enough mace to handle the situation if one of these wild beasts gets twisted and turns mad on me.

OH RIGHT.

If you're talking about the headlamps, I'd do halogen over xenon because A) I don't needs be gettin' pulled over for nothin' but drivin' WOT, and if you're talking about the blinkers B) I dig the amber color, it's cool by me. Plus it's legal. See 'A'.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
I obviously thought you meant the actual headlights. :D

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I would like to Night Shade the Headlight but we definatly do need as much light as we can get....

That Yellow light kills me......what you guys doing about it? switching headlights? or removing the blub? or what?

talk to me baby.....
You have two options for more light.

1. Install an HID kit. It's not legal, but for the 9006 housing, it works pretty good.
2. Retro fit the headlight with an HID single xenon projector. This takes time and some experience but well worth the mod. There are some great projector retrofitting websites. Just google projector retrofit.

You can try replacing the bulb but IMO you are wasting your time. They pretty much have all the same lumen output. Any bulb claiming HID quality output... run away from them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts