Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for the n00bish question but i havent the slightest clue what these are and lately i been seeing more posts about them...someone please humor me? :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
sorry for the n00bish question but i havent the slightest clue what these are and lately i been seeing more posts about them...someone please humor me? :bigthumb:
Cut outs are openings in the exhaust system with openable doors that allow you to "cut out" (bypass if you prefer) a large portion of the exhaust including mufflers, resonators or whatever else you want to "cut out";)

They allow for having a wide open shorty exhaust on demand and return back to stock on demand as well.

Electric cutouts are simply electrically controlled doors that move with the flip of a switch. In the old days they were manually controlled by levers, cables, or crawling under and using your foot.

Electric cutouts are much nicer than the old days!:beerchug:

·
Banned
3,658 Posts
^yep. i havent seen a video of a v6 with them...so get them and make one. heres a video so you can actually see them in motion. (not me tho...yet)

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Check your legalities. I wanted those but in PA it's an automatic FAIL for emissions testing.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all, i cant watch the video from work but i will check it out when i get home.

i guess good thing about miami is they dont do emissions tests...if they did about 65% of the cars on the road would fail lol :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
^yep. i havent seen a video of a v6 with them...so get them and make one. heres a video so you can actually see them in motion. (not me tho...yet)
Theres a video of a 2.7 with cutouts on here. Ill see if I can dig it up. Doesnt sound like a 2.7 when open, thats for sure

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so 9 days go by and the people that could tell me about them cant tell me how they get put on and stuff? lol :biggrinjester: anyone?

·
Banned
3,658 Posts
mmmmmmm cut out a portion of the exhust pipe, weld those babies in place, if they are electric you then have to run all the wiring and stuff LOL. Im not really sure tho.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
They cut a oval in your exhaust, place the cutouts in the oval and then tack it place.. Then they wire them up and put the switch somewhere in the cabin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts