Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a light rain today and I had a little fun with my RT. Noticed that I could light both tires up on wet pavement, breaking loose the rear end rather easily, with the ESP button off, but without doing the key trick or power braking.

It seemed that HAL was not interupting much. If it is true that HAL is not really ever off without doing the key trick or pulling fuses or installing a toggle switch, etc., why was I able to have so much fun today? I am thinking that with my 255-45R20 tires I would need to power brake to really burn out on dry pavement, as I have too much traction/not enough power on dry pavement, and that HAL may not be much of a factor with Mr. Squiggly showing. Any thoughts?:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
as long as u dont go sideways it should spin nice with just mr squiggles, if ya get some latteral movement he'll stop yer fun...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Burnouts

as long as u dont go sideways it should spin nice with just mr squiggles, if ya get some latteral movement he'll stop yer fun...
True, I never got lateral too much, maybe a couple of inches!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Smokey Burnout

i did a nice smokey sideways burnout today... it was awesome:rocker:
Yeah, and I bet you didn't have to try too hard with that car! Any recommendations on good long-lasting but affordable tires? I figure, you would know!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
i did a nice smokey sideways burnout today... it was awesome:rocker:
U can get sideways with esp only partially off...
Dam i need an srt

if i get sideways to much with out the key trick. hal shuts me down:confused:

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
True, I never got lateral too much, maybe a couple of inches!
Man you gotta try it :bigthumb: biggest thrill i get in my SXT haha

I get sideways at least 5 times a day :driving:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Its normal for me. Kinda annoying sometimes if your not doing it on purpose.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I believe a Predator will help you with the traction control issue!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have had the transmission cut-out a couple of times from over revving on wet pavement. It's like horrors, WHAT TO ____ HAVE I DONE TO MY CAR?!!! It won't go until a re-start and also sets a temporary code.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Yeah, and I bet you didn't have to try too hard with that car! Any recommendations on good long-lasting but affordable tires? I figure, you would know!
We do not have to try too hard with this car, and no - there are no affordable tires that last long on this car. They are eaten up fairly rapidly, and are expensive to replace.
there ya go!! :beerchug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts