Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one eles ever hear noise's coming from the fuel tanks??? i cant explain what it sounds like and i thought it was the rear shocks adjusting them selfs when i come to a stop but i have ruled that out. i'm not sure but it sounds like the fuel is being moved from one side of the tanks to the other/if thats possible. it must be since the tank is in 2 parts on both sides of the car-or it could be the tank baffles???? it sounds like plastic being tapped on [thump-thump] but its only after i have stoped for a minute or more. ANY ONE ELES HEAR THIS????? COULD THIS BE THE FUEL BEING PUMPED FROM ONE SIDE OF THE TANK TO THE OTHER?

·
Registered
430 Posts
You might wanna get that checked out...The car makes a lot of different noises, but I can't say that the fuel tank is one of them...

Sorry I can't help :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
I hear a tapping sound when the key is turned...its normal its the pump taking the vapors back into the tank, GTO's do it too.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's only on the right side? i tightend the tank up yesterday [it was loose] really loose but it still makes a noise if i'm under a half tank. onl when i run it hard and come to a fast stop. i thought it was gas flopping around and hitting baffle's!????????? or it could be fuel being pumped from one side to the other since it is a 2 piece tank. it could be vapers being pushed back to the tank also. WELL as long as it still runs and the tank doesnt fall out i guess it's all good.

·
Registered
455 Posts
any one eles ever hear noise's coming from the fuel tanks??? i cant explain what it sounds like and i thought it was the rear shocks adjusting them selfs when i come to a stop but i have ruled that out. i'm not sure but it sounds like the fuel is being moved from one side of the tanks to the other/if thats possible. it must be since the tank is in 2 parts on both sides of the car-or it could be the tank baffles???? it sounds like plastic being tapped on [thump-thump] but its only after i have stoped for a minute or more. ANY ONE ELES HEAR THIS????? COULD THIS BE THE FUEL BEING PUMPED FROM ONE SIDE OF THE TANK TO THE OTHER?
All I hear from my Gas Tank is "FEED ME"

But seriously, I do not hear any noises such as you speak of coming from my tank. Please let us know if you get an update on what issue is causing it.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
it's only on the right side? i tightend the tank up yesterday [it was loose] really loose but it still makes a noise if i'm under a half tank. onl when i run it hard and come to a fast stop. i thought it was gas flopping around and hitting baffle's!????????? or it could be fuel being pumped from one side to the other since it is a 2 piece tank. it could be vapers being pushed back to the tank also. WELL as long as it still runs and the tank doesnt fall out i guess it's all good.
I think it's your liquified brain sloshing around in your big fat head! Stop smoking crack! :smoke:

:tongue:

·
Registered
13,222 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
The interconnection between the tanks is gravity feed. I believe the passenger side is smaller but not much. Also, you have both the fuel regulator and the fuel pump under the rear seats. I think the regulator is under the passenger rear seat and the pump is on the drivers side. Could be either one, but I guess the best thing to do is remove the rear seat, and listen if it is really that loud.

I haven't noticed any strange/weird sounds on my R/T (yet).

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well hears the up data! the fuel lines and the vapor perge lines run down the passinger side of the car between the tank and the frame rail and when the system is purging the fuel vapors back to the tank it pulse's and the lines tap the tank so i put a piece of foam rubber padding that i cut to a little 1 inch square and placed it between the tank and the lines and the sound is gone!! i glued it to the tank with hot glue to make sure it stays and the lines are tight against it also SO WE'RE GOOD.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I own a 2007 SRT Charger and I hear a thump thump sound coming from the trunk area even when the car is not turned on. I thought it might be like that car Christien!
The dealer heard it and they don't know what it could be. ???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts