Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are the pics of the silverstars....a great change in light output, I am very very happy with both the look and the performance....I did the hi and low beam, and the fogs....all six bulbs took me about 20 min.....the pics of the light against the garage really show how bright they are.....sorry for the other blurry pics of the car, i couldnt get the camera to focus right.....

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
sweet. yea that does look a lot brighter!! i'm really thinking about doing this now. if u dont mind, how much did it run you, and did u do the install?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i got all the bulbs at auto zone for 19.99 each, and i did do the install....the high and low beams were real easy because they are easily accessible (just a 1/4 turn counterclockwise and they pop right out)...just make sure for the hi and low beam you get the bulbs with a straight plug end, NOT the one with the 90 degree bend (correct part numbers are 9005XS ST [for the hi beam] and 9006XS ST[for the low beam])....the fogs (bulb is a 9145 ST) were a little tougher, i just had to pop one of the clips out of the inner wheel well splash guard and there is one screw on the very bottom of the splash guard.....once i had them both out i just pulled it away just enough to get my hand in there to pop the bulb out.....i did it all by feel cuz you really cant see it....just do the fogs after the other lights because once you get the hang of how they pop in and out of place, its real easy....i recommend doing this, its a HUGE improvement over stock......good luck!

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
here are the pics of the silverstars....a great change in light output, I am very very happy with both the look and the performance....I did the hi and low beam, and the fogs....all six bulbs took me about 20 min.....the pics of the light against the garage really show how bright they are.....sorry for the other blurry pics of the car, i couldnt get the camera to focus right.....

LOOKS GREAT....SO FOR ABOUT120 YOU CAN HAVE THAT LOOK???HMM I LIKE:grin: I TRIED THE 6000K HIDS WITH THE BALLASTS ECT.....UM AND IT DIDNT GO TO WELL...I HAD ALL KINDS OF FLICKERING I JUST COULDNT TAKE IT??I KNOW ITS BEEN SAID ON HERE THAT THERES A FIX TO THAT BUT I JUST DIDNT WANA RISK A HARNESS MELT DOWN......SO I SAID B4 AND I WILL SAY AGAIN LOOKS GREAT...:grin:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
looking good...!!!

I was gonna go with the silverstars too but decided to go HID's..

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

Did you get the regular ones or the Ultras?

By the price of $19.99 each, I'm thinking that they were the regular ones ... I'm really still wondering why I haven't done this yet ..... especially now that I go to work in the dark and return in the dark (6pm) so I'd get a lot of use out of them ...

I guess the Ultras last longer but otherwise they look the same ?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Did you get the regular ones or the Ultras?

By the price of $19.99 each, I'm thinking that they were the regular ones ... I'm really still wondering why I haven't done this yet ..... especially now that I go to work in the dark and return in the dark (6pm) so I'd get a lot of use out of them ...

I guess the Ultras last longer but otherwise they look the same
?
i was thinking the same thing....:grin:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
We can't use Ultra's, because of the connection, only the regular silverstars. You can really notice the differance though when you driving at night next to someone with stock headlight bulbs.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
We can't use Ultra's, because of the connection, only the regular silverstars. You can really notice the differance though when you driving at night next to someone with stock headlight bulbs.
oh..:D

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Here's mine :D :D :D

Before:

During ... one on the right is OEM, one on the left (passenger side of car) is the new Sylvania 9006XS ST bulb :D

Now :D :

I'm extremely satisfied with these so far, and I haven't even driven the car yet, I will do so in about 1 hour ... I will then have more reviews.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
i just installed mine yesterday low beam...fog lights...and turns didnt have enough for high beams...but im very pleased with the outcome i had the silverstars in my past 2 vehicles and im always amazed by the difference from stock

·
Registered
629 Posts
i got all the bulbs at auto zone for 19.99 each, and i did do the install....the high and low beams were real easy because they are easily accessible (just a 1/4 turn counterclockwise and they pop right out)...just make sure for the hi and low beam you get the bulbs with a straight plug end, NOT the one with the 90 degree bend (correct part numbers are 9005XS ST [for the hi beam] and 9006XS ST[for the low beam])....the fogs (bulb is a 9145 ST) were a little tougher, i just had to pop one of the clips out of the inner wheel well splash guard and there is one screw on the very bottom of the splash guard.....once i had them both out i just pulled it away just enough to get my hand in there to pop the bulb out.....i did it all by feel cuz you really cant see it....just do the fogs after the other lights because once you get the hang of how they pop in and out of place, its real easy....i recommend doing this, its a HUGE improvement over stock......good luck!
the only reason i havent done this was because of the fog bulbs (i want all the bulbs to match). i didnt realize that you could only take the one push pin out and unbolt only one of the bolts from underneath. i guess that gives me an excuse to go buy them now :). oh, btw, you live about 20 mins away from me (saw ur location on njchargergroup)

·
Registered
629 Posts
sweet deal!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Very Very Noice

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I've had Silverstars in my car for a long time now. They are a worthwhile upgrade.

I also suggest raising the aim up on the fogs slightly - mine were so low, they were useless. They now blend in nicely with the low beams, and dusk / dawn they're all I turn on. More to be seen than to see.

My Silverstars for the fogs have lasted about a year each, so be aware of that. I've yet to replace the low or high beams though, but I don't use them nearly as much.

I didn't think about it at the time, but should have taken a pic with one side stock, the other SS - but I did look, and it is noticeable.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Hey fellas - make sure you check the Sunday sale papers for Pep Boys, they usually have Silverstars on sale.
Also if you go to their website there is a coupon you can download for $5
off any $30 purchase. If you don't mind walking in and out a couple times
you can use one every time you spend more than $30. :grin:

The twin pack is on sale their right now for $35 with a $15 mail in rebate.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Also if you go to their website there is a coupon you can download for $5
off any $30 purchase. If you don't mind walking in and out a couple times
you can use one every time you spend more than $30. :grin:

The twin pack is on sale their right now for $35 with a $15 mail in rebate.
so does that make it 20 after rebate??? origanlly 50 -15 makes it the 35??:grin:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
so does that make it 20 after rebate??? origanlly 50 -15 makes it the 35??:grin:

yup...they are normally 37.99 pepboys... i just bought mine an hour ago...15$ rebate. 22.99$ really. mail in rebate goin out tonite!:smile:

well worth the cash yas! runs until jan 2008

1 - 20 of 63 Posts