Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not believe it when I went to the Pavilions tonight. A man (65+ years old) and his daughter each had matching SRT Plum Crazy Chargers with GSM superchargers... They are running 3.5 lbs boost, and the man said HE WAS TOLD by Power Dodge it would be 535 RWH. Not sure about that...

Anyway, I asked how much and the daughter said $6K. I was like HUH? Then she said 2K for the exhaust. Again I am like what? Then the man stated 14K for the work on each car. I thought it was high, but sounded closer to the real workd. OH and both had Headers, and Phenolics... The cars had 4K and 2 K miles on them, and they had NEVER heard of the forums. I told them about it... I asked if they had the car dynod and she chimed in saying she had the duno sheet! I was like sweet, can I see it? Of course here. I SWARE ON MY LIFE it said 351 at 5500 RPM. I said hmmm well one of 2 things, one that dyno is broken, or you officially have the most expensive and slowest SRT on the planet!!! LOL

SRTate showed up as well so there were 3 Charger SRT supercharged. LOL WOW that was weird.

His car looks sick, and the new LED lights he added are sweet!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES mine stock dynod above that. I still think there was something weird... For 2 people that dropped nearly $30K in extras they knew almost nothing about the cars. I mean nothing. LOL

I felt so insignifigant tho... I was there with my pretty stock SRTC and there were 3 SUPERCHARGED SRT Chargers. LOL

·
Registered
375 Posts
YES mine stock dynod above that. I still think there was something weird... For 2 people that dropped nearly $30K in extras they knew almost nothing about the cars. I mean nothing. LOL

I felt so insignifigant tho... I was there with my pretty stock SRTC and there were 3 SUPERCHARGED SRT Chargers. LOL
It's ok, As from what I can tell they sound like "all show and no go"..
At 331HP from there dyno sheet a stock GT Mustang could of beat them..
I feel real bad for those people:cry: .

Someone needs to take there hands and help them bring those cars to life..:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
WOW, that is HELLA funny.. and sad and pathetic at the same time. There has to be a mistake or they went to mexico to have their cars dyno'd. Im pretty sure id kill myself if I put all that money into it and it was slower then when I bought it. HAHA, Tell you what.. heres what I am thinking, maybe they bought the 3.5 liter cars and had them made into SRT clones, I am willing to bet thats what REALLY happened, those figures sound about right for a souped up V-6.:devil:

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
351hp is low for stock but within the range of other dynos...my former SRT8 put out 355 hp stock......Mustang brand dynos normally show lower numbers than DynoJet brand dynos....plus dynos are unreliable...temp, elevation, operator error, caliburation error, etc...can vary numbers from dyno to dyno....dynos are good for one thing...tuning.....they are useless for comparing one car to another...unless the cars are dynoed on the same dyno and perferably the same day....

I was at the Mopar event at the Bristol Thunder Valler Dragway yesterday..spoke with a 300 SRT owner that had the GSM SC on it...he did not have kind words to say the least...his best time was a 13.0 at another track....13.3 at Bristol (which is normal..most cars run 3-5 tenths slower here)...and he was cutting 1.8 60'......

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder how long it will take before these 2 cars blow up? LOL They were definitely SRT8s no matter what... and they were awesome looking thats for sure.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Maybe some one can offer some tech knowledge on what might be the problems with these cars.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe some one can offer some tech knowledge on what might be the problems with these cars.
I didnt want to sound like a hater... They had a nicer car then me!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I talked to the guys at power dodge

The cars that they insatlled the superchargers on are New, 1 had 700 miles total and the dyno showed the cars perfect running 11.5 at the tail pipe at 5400 rpms at 4.1 psi

The reason these cars did not show a huge dyno number is that the cars are new and they were "Not Power Pulled" on the dyno , in fact the pulls were done in 3rd gear which is not one to one and will yeild a much lower numberand also they stoped well short of the 6200 redline which would have put the max boost at 6psi.

The service mgr at Power took the cars out for a test drive and said the cars ran awesome ....

Scott
GS Motosrports

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I figured there was something weird... I tell you they were STRNGE people! I could not believe how little they knew about cars!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was at the show too!! I was a witness for all of these events.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts